Baby hip pattern is asymmetrical, what should parents pay attention to?2018-11-07 20:25:00 20 ℃
I believe that many parents have such experience. Infants and young children will check the hip pattern. Once the medical examiner finds that the bilateral hip pattern is asymmetrical, the parents will ask the orthopedic specialist to further check for congenital dislocation of the hip.
What is the relationship between hip asymmetry and congenital dislocation of the hip?
Congenital dislocation of the hip, also known as developmental hip discomfort, refers to the development of hip joints in infants and young children due to various reasons, resulting in persistent dislocation, resulting in hip joints Dysfunction. Children with dislocation of the hip will have shortened lower limbs (one leg with a problem is shorter than a healthy leg), and the subcutaneous fat of the thigh is squeezed out of several folds, which is different from the healthy lower limbs. This is the reason for hip asymmetry in hip dislocation; however, it is worth noting that hip asymmetry does not necessarily have hip dislocation, or it may be that the subcutaneous fat is not the same.
What are the risks of congenital dislocation of the hip?
Why do parents or doctors become enemies when they mention hip dislocation in children? This is because the hip joint acts as a large joint of the human body and plays an important role in infant crawling and walking. Moreover, the child is in the developmental stage, the bone joints are still not shaped, and the plasticity is extremely strong. The dislocated hip joint will change the force of the lower limbs. It has a long-term impact on the development of the lower limbs, and it is difficult to reverse the deformity and dysfunction. The impact will accompany the child for life!
A child with a right hip dislocation who has been treated
How do you find congenital dislocation of the hip early?
1. Although hip asymmetry is not necessarily a problem, congenital dislocation of the hip usually has a hip pattern asymmetry. Once you find vigilance, it is not a bad thing.
Second, infants with congenital dislocation of the hip often have inconsistent activity in both lower extremities. For example, a child often moves on one side of the leg, and the other side does not move very much.
3. Infants with congenital dislocation of the hip may have unequal length of both lower extremities. Parents can put the child flat on the bed, bend the hips and bend the knees, align the ankles on both sides, and observe whether the knees on both sides are the same height. If the height is inconsistent, it may indicate the possibility of dislocation of the hip.
The knee height is different on both sides to indicate hip dislocation ↓
Fourth, the inspection of professional medical institutions. For children suspected of having congenital dislocation of the hip, they should go to a medical institution as soon as possible. The specialist can make a preliminary judgment through a professional physical examination and combine it with hip ultrasound (a safety test without radiation). For occult hip dislocation, if the above steps are still not diagnosed or excluded, pelvic X-ray examination (with certain radiation, but the effect of finding congenital dislocation of the hip and judging its severity) is further clarified.
How to treat congenital dislocation of the hip?
The key to treating congenital dislocation of the hip is early diagnosis and treatment. The earlier the treatment, the smaller the effect of abnormal hip joint on lower limb development, and the simpler the treatment method; and the stronger the hip joint plasticity after treatment reduction, the greater the hope of improving the original deformity.
Baby under 6 months
For infants under 6 months, try non-surgical treatment with a special abduction brace for both lower extremities Correction fixation is expected to improve hip dislocation in children. For example, the Pavlik abduction sling can be improved by fixing the lower limbs of the child to the stable position of the hip joint for a period of time (usually 2-3 months). It is worth noting that although this method is relatively safe, there are still studies that may cause femoral head necrosis, skin or nerve damage in some children, and should be carried out under the strict guidance of professionals. And if it does not work after a certain period of time, you should actively enter the next step of treatment.
Pavlik abduction sling for treatment of hip dislocation in children
6-18 months or outreach brace treatment failure
For children older than 6 months, studies have shown that the success rate of treatment with abduction braces is less than 50%. The risk of femoral head necrosis is high and is generally not recommended. Depending on the condition of the child, a closed hip reduction or a surgically open hip reduction can be selected. In general, the younger the age, the lighter the dislocation, and the higher the success rate of closed reduction. For older children with severe dislocation, blind selection of closed reduction may cause further damage to the deformed hip joint. It is recommended to perform surgical reduction and reduction; and depending on the situation, whether to perform pelvic osteotomy (improve hip inclusion) Femoral osteotomy (generally, the older the age, the longer the learning time to walk, the greater the possibility of rotational deformity of the femur development, according to the specific line osteotomy to rotate orthopedics).
Children over 18 months
For children over 18 years of age, surgery is the first choice, and pelvic osteotomy and femoral osteotomy are generally required. Surgery, surgery is relatively large and the postoperative recovery effect is relatively poor compared with children with small age.
After completing the right hip arthroplasty, pelvic osteotomy, femoral deconstruction and osteotomy, the child is fixed
Guess you like
- 2018-11-12The 7-year-old brother is afraid of disturbing his mother’s rest, and he sleeps with his half-month-old sister! Netizen: Other people's son
- 2018-11-10The baby cried all the time, the doctor felt that something was wrong, and the people in the hospital were stupid after careful inspection.
- 2018-11-05Mycoplasma infection, will affect pregnancy? What should I do?
- 2018-10-30The 7-year-old girl is "pregnant" and the doctor can't believe it after taking out the "fetus".
- 2018-10-27Fetal movement is really a wonderful feeling. After reading these 20 pictures, pregnant mother will be particularly pleased.
- 2018-10-27The father let his son roll and told him to jump into the river and die. Satisfied, he really jumped into the river!
- 2018-10-25Don't wear thermal underwear for your child, don't wear it when you are cold! ! !
- 2018-10-25How painful it is in the end, it will not be easy for you to understand women after reading these 18 pictures.
- 2018-09-17The 9-year-old son has closed his eyes forever! Mom is playing mahjong outside, the child is cooking at home.
- 2018-09-12The maternal side cuts off the side of the birth, and the husband called the husband in the middle of the night to be disguised. The fainting in the toilet is unknown.
- The boy grabbed his mother's neck in public: Why did so many children become white-eyed wolves?
- Obstetrician: It’s hard to bring a child in the future. I can see it in the hospital.
- Should the child's future be modeled? These three types of parent education methods are rarely implemented.
- In addition to the old clothes, if the relatives give these three "things" to the child, Bao Ma learns to refuse better.
- Grandma: Is it always good to come to my house to eat? The child’s answer makes the mother laugh and can’t stand up.
- How painful it is in the end, it will not be easy for you to understand women after reading these 18 pictures.
- At 5 o'clock in the morning, pregnant women made an incredible thing after giving birth to a child in the hospital alone.
- How hard is it for a person to bring a baby? The 8 most difficult things with the baby have been called the great god.
- Ten pictures let you understand how the fetus was slowly bred, and every mother should look at it.
- Forever nightmare! 6-year-old girl witnessed: Dad rushed into the house with a knife and drowned her mother directly (moving)