Baby hip pattern is asymmetrical, what should parents pay attention to?2018-11-07 20:25:00 82 ℃
I believe that many parents have such experience. Infants and young children will check the hip pattern. Once the medical examiner finds that the bilateral hip pattern is asymmetrical, the parents will ask the orthopedic specialist to further check for congenital dislocation of the hip.
What is the relationship between hip asymmetry and congenital dislocation of the hip?
Congenital dislocation of the hip, also known as developmental hip discomfort, refers to the development of hip joints in infants and young children due to various reasons, resulting in persistent dislocation, resulting in hip joints Dysfunction. Children with dislocation of the hip will have shortened lower limbs (one leg with a problem is shorter than a healthy leg), and the subcutaneous fat of the thigh is squeezed out of several folds, which is different from the healthy lower limbs. This is the reason for hip asymmetry in hip dislocation; however, it is worth noting that hip asymmetry does not necessarily have hip dislocation, or it may be that the subcutaneous fat is not the same.
What are the risks of congenital dislocation of the hip?
Why do parents or doctors become enemies when they mention hip dislocation in children? This is because the hip joint acts as a large joint of the human body and plays an important role in infant crawling and walking. Moreover, the child is in the developmental stage, the bone joints are still not shaped, and the plasticity is extremely strong. The dislocated hip joint will change the force of the lower limbs. It has a long-term impact on the development of the lower limbs, and it is difficult to reverse the deformity and dysfunction. The impact will accompany the child for life!
A child with a right hip dislocation who has been treated
How do you find congenital dislocation of the hip early?
1. Although hip asymmetry is not necessarily a problem, congenital dislocation of the hip usually has a hip pattern asymmetry. Once you find vigilance, it is not a bad thing.
Second, infants with congenital dislocation of the hip often have inconsistent activity in both lower extremities. For example, a child often moves on one side of the leg, and the other side does not move very much.
3. Infants with congenital dislocation of the hip may have unequal length of both lower extremities. Parents can put the child flat on the bed, bend the hips and bend the knees, align the ankles on both sides, and observe whether the knees on both sides are the same height. If the height is inconsistent, it may indicate the possibility of dislocation of the hip.
The knee height is different on both sides to indicate hip dislocation ↓
Fourth, the inspection of professional medical institutions. For children suspected of having congenital dislocation of the hip, they should go to a medical institution as soon as possible. The specialist can make a preliminary judgment through a professional physical examination and combine it with hip ultrasound (a safety test without radiation). For occult hip dislocation, if the above steps are still not diagnosed or excluded, pelvic X-ray examination (with certain radiation, but the effect of finding congenital dislocation of the hip and judging its severity) is further clarified.
How to treat congenital dislocation of the hip?
The key to treating congenital dislocation of the hip is early diagnosis and treatment. The earlier the treatment, the smaller the effect of abnormal hip joint on lower limb development, and the simpler the treatment method; and the stronger the hip joint plasticity after treatment reduction, the greater the hope of improving the original deformity.
Baby under 6 months
For infants under 6 months, try non-surgical treatment with a special abduction brace for both lower extremities Correction fixation is expected to improve hip dislocation in children. For example, the Pavlik abduction sling can be improved by fixing the lower limbs of the child to the stable position of the hip joint for a period of time (usually 2-3 months). It is worth noting that although this method is relatively safe, there are still studies that may cause femoral head necrosis, skin or nerve damage in some children, and should be carried out under the strict guidance of professionals. And if it does not work after a certain period of time, you should actively enter the next step of treatment.
Pavlik abduction sling for treatment of hip dislocation in children
6-18 months or outreach brace treatment failure
For children older than 6 months, studies have shown that the success rate of treatment with abduction braces is less than 50%. The risk of femoral head necrosis is high and is generally not recommended. Depending on the condition of the child, a closed hip reduction or a surgically open hip reduction can be selected. In general, the younger the age, the lighter the dislocation, and the higher the success rate of closed reduction. For older children with severe dislocation, blind selection of closed reduction may cause further damage to the deformed hip joint. It is recommended to perform surgical reduction and reduction; and depending on the situation, whether to perform pelvic osteotomy (improve hip inclusion) Femoral osteotomy (generally, the older the age, the longer the learning time to walk, the greater the possibility of rotational deformity of the femur development, according to the specific line osteotomy to rotate orthopedics).
Children over 18 months
For children over 18 years of age, surgery is the first choice, and pelvic osteotomy and femoral osteotomy are generally required. Surgery, surgery is relatively large and the postoperative recovery effect is relatively poor compared with children with small age.
After completing the right hip arthroplasty, pelvic osteotomy, femoral deconstruction and osteotomy, the child is fixed
Guess you like
- 2019-02-18Dad's surname is Zhou. He goes to the public security bureau to give his name to the quintuplets. After listening to the police, he says, "Wonderful, Dad is a cultural man."
- 2019-02-18Twenty-seven-year-old second-born mother stays up late playing with her cell phone and suddenly dies: the world really punishes those who are not self-disciplined!
- 2019-01-22Half root yam with 2 yolks, which can nourish the brain and moisten the lungs, instantly on the table second light! uuuuuuuuuu
- 2019-01-13"Mum, I'm so tired. Do I want to sleep for a while?" But the child never wakes up.
- 2018-12-27Understand the impact of blue light on the eyes and teach children to use smart products correctly
- 2018-12-114 pictures tell you that the funny three-person sleeping position in winter is very image!
- 2018-12-11Close to the expected date of birth, do you want to do fetal heart disease monitoring once a week? Pregnant mothers must pay special attention to these two points
- 2018-12-04After giving birth to a child, you want to cry, collapse, and get angry. You may have got postpartum depression.
- 2018-11-26There is a virus that is more terrible than the flu is approaching the baby...
- 2018-11-26Dress your child in winter, keeping in mind the principle of “three warm and cold” to reduce the incidence of disease!
- Can the fetus have a spontaneous delivery in the buttock position and the umbilical cord around the neck for 2 weeks? Listen to what the doctor says. Know early and be at ease.
- Hug your baby as soon as he cries? Is that the right thing to do? Teach you to understand "Baby Language"
- You always think that the cause of children's myopia, in fact, this is the real "crux"
- After 95, the mother suffered from "undead cancer" and her husband's cell phone was disconnected on the day of rescue.
- "Mum, I'm so tired. Do I want to sleep for a while?" But the child never wakes up.
- Understand the impact of blue light on the eyes and teach children to use smart products correctly
- The baby was tied to the leggings when he was born. Why? Whether the benefits are more or more bad.
- Through the child's 3 parts, you can see the height of the future, the child occupies 2 steals.
- How to wash the buttocks for male and female babies, how to wash the private parts, in order to avoid red butt?
- Two days before the birth of the child, do "four eat four do not eat", good for you and the baby!