Talk to the English pastor about London's "Gang Shangjunzi"2018-11-19 00:25:06 114 ℃
[Global Times’ special correspondent in the UK Ji Shuangcheng] Stephen, who is over 60 years old, is a pastor of the Anglican Church in a church in the West End of London and a neighbor of the Global Times reporter. Nothing to do, the reporter and Steven chat, only to know that the pastor can not stay away from the city.
One of the biggest problems with Stephen’s headache is how to burglar. The community church represented by Stephen was built in the 1960s, but the design of the church seems to be hundreds of years old. Especially the door lock of the door is thick and strong. When Stephen locked the door, he repeatedly checked whether it was really locked. Seeing this movement, the reporter joked that there are more "Gentlemen on the Liang" in London, and will not come to visit the church? He asked me in surprise: "You don't know if the two nearby churches were stolen some time ago?"
Stephen said that in the UK, churches have always been an important target for thieves because they are often placed in churches. With some sterling silver religious ritual vessels, the thieves took the market and sold them. In the small town of Twickenham, where the journalists lived, the recently stolen church directly lost thousands of pounds and has not been able to solve the case so far.
"Why not install an anti-theft system?" asked the reporter. Stephen shook his head and said that there was a warning sign on the top of the church door with an anti-theft system. The room was covered with cameras and detectors. It was not like a church. Another problem is the lack of funds. A well-established anti-theft system is expected to cost £1,000, and the money also gives Stephen a headache. In the first decade of the beginning of this century, about 25% of Britons admitted that they did not believe in religion, and this proportion is now more than half. There are fewer people coming to church, and there are fewer social donations.
For Stephen, if social security is better, there is not much problem with social donations. But in the past few years, he has faced the thief to the door too many times. On several occasions, the thief who was less than 20 years old came in and ran into a confrontation with Stephen. The two had to talk a few words.
In the conversation, Stephen learned that the other party was basically an unemployed who had fallen into the society after graduating from high school. As a pastor, Stephen tried to educate these young people with religious thoughts. What makes him a little gratified is that he did not visit his church after talking to him. However, the problem of church theft has not been solved. Until now, it is close to retirement. It is considered to be a social church work in the rich area. He is still worried about not sleeping in a silver cup or a candlestick.
The law and order in the UK has become more and more serious in recent years. The community has attributed it to the conservative government's excessive cuts in public spending, resulting in a sharp drop in the number of police. But the Conservatives countered that the reason was that the previous government spent so much money that the people had to pay for the mistakes of the past.
The problem is not that simple. Stephen said that more than 10 years ago, the church where he worked was facing theft, but the British economy was thriving. Stephen believes that the reason is the imbalance of regional development, the economic backwardness of London's eastern region, and insufficient investment in public education, resulting in a large number of young people's education lacking, and negatively affecting society to varying degrees. In the more affluent areas, the hatred of the rich makes some people from the backward areas steal the rich families and public institutions to retaliate against the society.
This is the reality facing the UK. Stephen feels that he can do very limited, and may only be left to solve it in the future.
Guess you like
- 2019-01-04The mother took the boy into the women’s bath and was rejected. Is it the management’s right to deprive the child with the idea?
- 2019-01-02I got a stinky bag, there are 2000 inside, the owner found it, and cut the pig’s hind leg directly to me.
- 2018-12-29Hefei ushers in the peak of New Year's Day holiday (video)
- 2018-12-28China's first "general monogenic genetic disease genetic testing report specification" group standard officially released
- 2018-12-28Dissatisfied with the group, she hired a murderer to kill the old classmates, and the result hahahahaha...
- 2018-12-26Bai Fumei madly sent 500,000 hits: I just want to take a screenshot of the scum male, transfer me to ten times and return you
- 2018-12-24Xining knocked out two black-related gangs
- 2018-12-24The man was wearing a geeky suit and carrying 98k into the square dance team.
- 2018-12-17The tiger in the Shulan forest area in Jilin is judged by experts. The tiger is inland to find the territory.
- 2018-12-17[992 | Concern] Sichuan Xingwen 5.7 earthquake has injured 16 people
- Seeing oneself alone is the root of most of the pain.
- Which mode of travel from east to west of Jinan has the highest cost performance ratio? Reporters settle accounts for you
- Right to be involved in pyramid schemes and other investigations: Why are results like this at the expense of life?
- If you see a plant with leaves like bamboo on the mountain, please cherish it. The fruit is called Yiren, the gospel of kidney deficiency.
- During the New Year's Day holiday, Sichuan retail and catering companies sold 18.1 billion
- Editor: Peng Zhenlin Source: Yongzhou News Net
- China's first "general monogenic genetic disease genetic testing report specification" group standard officially released
- Dissatisfied with the group, she hired a murderer to kill the old classmates, and the result hahahahaha...
- Farmers go out to work, drink and slap on the train, three fire seats
- Guangdong, the country's largest economic province, has extremely uneven economic development. The best city is 30 times different from the latter.