British media: China discovered the city 4000 years ago with a giant pyramid2018-08-29 10:25:19 254 ℃
Reference News Network reported on August 29 British media said that China has discovered a 4,000-year-old lost ancient city site with 230 feet (70.1 meters) high pyramid and filled human skull The burial pit.
According to the British "Daily Mail" website reported on August 24, archaeologists have discovered the site of a lost city in China, which had a prosperous time about 4,000 years ago.
The report said that on a ridge overlooking the Tuwei River in northwestern China, the researchers discovered a giant stepped pyramid that used to be a central palace, as well as defensive stone walls, fragments of production tools, and multiple parts. The burial pit of the human skull for funeral.
The report also said that these archaeological discoveries about the Bronze Age will challenge people's understanding of the early Chinese civilization and settlement history, indicating that in the Central Plains, the traditional "centre" of Chinese civilization appeared long ago. There is already a complex social structure in the Loess Plateau.
The report pointed out that this ancient city called "Ishigaki" once had a pyramid with a height of at least 230 feet and was guarded by a huge inner and outer city. It was once covered by 988 acres in the prosperous period of the city about two thousand years ago, about 2300 to 1800 BC. Researchers published a paper in the academic journal "Relics" quarterly, saying that the pyramid in the city was built on a loess hill and has a huge step of 11 levels. Outside the gates, they found a “huge open square, possibly a place for religious ceremonies and political gatherings”.
According to the researchers, the palace was built on the top of a giant pyramid with sturdy soil, using wooden columns and roof tiles. It is believed that the ruling elite at that time lived in the pyramid complex, which is likely to be a place for handicraft production. Eyes and face patterns are found on the surface of the pyramid.
The paper said: "Because the height of the pyramid is at least 70 meters, it can be seen in every part of the settlement, including the suburbs and even remote rural areas. So it is very It may be a constant and irresistible reminder to the people of Shijie Ancient City not to forget the authority of the ruling elite living at the top, which is a living example of the 'social pyramid'.”
The researchers said that In the ancient city of Shijie, the practice of group sacrifices is also commonplace—only six burial pits filled with cut heads were found on the site of the outer perimeter defense wall. Human remains and jade articles related to sacrifices were also found in other sites in the ancient city of Shijie. The authors of the paper wrote: “Jade vessels and sacrificial personnel may be filled in the walls of the ancient city of Shijie through religious rituals to strengthen their significance as a solemn power center, enhance the power of the city’s enemies, and make it a complete meaning. The place of power."
The report said that it is worth mentioning that the researchers said that these archaeological findings indicate that the ancient city of Shijie had a well-constructed civilization. The authors of the paper wrote: "This study reveals that by the year 2000 BC, the Loess Plateau had a complex social form that represented the political and economic center. What is important is that the study found bronzes related to the original text. The core mark of the late period was actually formed in the ancient city of Shijie long ago." (Compile / Cao Weiguo)
Guess you like
- 2019-03-01Five big "deviation" inventions make you stunned...
- 2019-01-31Does the Moon have water? The answer has been revealed, Chang'e No. 4 will tell you.
- 2018-12-04The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket puts 64 satellites into orbit, and the rocket is the third to be reused.
- 2018-11-16"Artificial Sun" was born in China, the electronic temperature is as high as 100 million degrees, and Americans are the enemy.
- 2018-11-13The advantages of dark chocolate are quite a lot, but be careful not to eat with calcium-containing foods!
- 2018-11-13Self-assembled protein
- 2018-10-24Black holes are all understood! Then do you know what a white hole is?
- 2018-09-19What to eat determines what you want
- 2018-08-29A lightning bolt in the sky, how much electricity? The answer you can't think of
- 2018-08-19It’s coming, the Arctic permafrost is “suddenly thawed” and is expected to double by 2050.
- Is the water in the Mariana Trench 10,000 meters deep still liquid? What's the temperature?
- Are pineapples or pineapples sold all over the street? It's a big difference. I finally got it today.
- It has been sealed underground by human beings for 100,000 years. Even if the world is destroyed, it can not be opened.
- The terrible nature makes the body cool.
- NASA's New Mission: Exploring the Origin of the Universe
- There is a new explanation for this kind of landform on Earth and Mars.
- Crossing the boundary of hybrid animals
- 70% probability! US NOAA authority forecast: El Nino or upcoming in autumn and winter
- There is no dry firewood seal, as long as there is a bed in the heart, wherever you can sleep, the leopard is cool...
- 20 moving pictures with feelings: these familiar things are produced in this way.