Research shows that global sea level is accelerating2018-08-30 00:25:35 292 ℃
Xinhua News Agency, Beijing, August 29 (Reporter Liu Shiping) The reporter learned from the Institute of Atmospheric Physics of the Chinese Academy of Sciences on the 29th that the World Climate Research Program's Global Sea Level Income and Expenditure Research Group released an evaluation report indicating that since 1993, the world The sea level has risen markedly, with an average annual upward trend of 3.1 mm, and this upward trend is accelerating.
The World Climate Research Program is an earlier program in global change research. Its purpose is to expand people's understanding of climate mechanisms, predict climate change, and monitor the impact of human activities on the climate.
This assessment report, co-authored by more than 90 scientists from around the world, including Chinese scientists, analyzes global sea level changes and their contributing factors since 1993. Since 1993, the main cause of global sea level rise has been the thermal expansion effect caused by ocean warming and the injection of fresh water from the land glaciers and ice sheets into the ocean.
Among them, the thermal expansion effect caused by ocean warming contributed 42%, the melting of terrestrial glaciers contributed 21%, and the melting of the Greenland ice sheet and the Antarctic ice sheet contributed 15% and 8%, respectively. In addition, the fresh water affected by precipitation, evaporation, runoff, etc., also affects global sea level changes, but its short-term fluctuations are strong and difficult to observe, and the contribution to sea level changes is highly uncertain.
Sea level change is a comprehensive indicator of climate change that is affected by changes in the oceans, atmosphere, and cryosphere. Cheng Lijing, an associate researcher at the Institute of Atmospheric Physics of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, said that the data of the Institute of Atmospheric Physics of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, which participated in the preparation of this report, shows that the global oceans have continued to heat up in recent years. In the first half of 2018, the thermal content of the upper 2000 m ocean reached a new high. It has the highest record since modern observation. The continuous warming of the sea will further push the global sea level.
The 2018 China Blueprint for Climate Change published by the China Meteorological Administration shows that the comprehensive observations of the climate system and a number of key indicators indicate that the global warming trend continues. From 1980 to 2017, China's coastal sea level showed a volatility, with an average rate of increase of 3.3 mm/year, higher than the global average for the same period. In 2017, China's coastal sea level was 58 mm higher than the 1993-2011 average, the fourth highest since 1980.
Experts pointed out that sea level rise has important socio-economic impacts, which will increase disaster risks in coastal areas, such as destroying ecosystems, eroding land, and strengthening storm surges. Systematic monitoring, attribution analysis and estimation of sea level changes are the basis for addressing risks.
- In the previous：Then a variety of Cordyceps is not only Cordyceps sinensis.
- The next article：42 pictures bring you into the magical physical world, super shock!
Guess you like
- 2019-03-01Five big "deviation" inventions make you stunned...
- 2019-01-31Does the Moon have water? The answer has been revealed, Chang'e No. 4 will tell you.
- 2018-12-04The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket puts 64 satellites into orbit, and the rocket is the third to be reused.
- 2018-11-16"Artificial Sun" was born in China, the electronic temperature is as high as 100 million degrees, and Americans are the enemy.
- 2018-11-13The advantages of dark chocolate are quite a lot, but be careful not to eat with calcium-containing foods!
- 2018-11-13Self-assembled protein
- 2018-10-24Black holes are all understood! Then do you know what a white hole is?
- 2018-09-19What to eat determines what you want
- 2018-08-29A lightning bolt in the sky, how much electricity? The answer you can't think of
- 2018-08-19It’s coming, the Arctic permafrost is “suddenly thawed” and is expected to double by 2050.
- Is the water in the Mariana Trench 10,000 meters deep still liquid? What's the temperature?
- Are pineapples or pineapples sold all over the street? It's a big difference. I finally got it today.
- It has been sealed underground by human beings for 100,000 years. Even if the world is destroyed, it can not be opened.
- The terrible nature makes the body cool.
- NASA's New Mission: Exploring the Origin of the Universe
- There is a new explanation for this kind of landform on Earth and Mars.
- Crossing the boundary of hybrid animals
- 70% probability! US NOAA authority forecast: El Nino or upcoming in autumn and winter
- There is no dry firewood seal, as long as there is a bed in the heart, wherever you can sleep, the leopard is cool...
- 20 moving pictures with feelings: these familiar things are produced in this way.