Why are smokers more likely to catch a cold? The mystery is hidden in everyone’s nose.2018-09-13 20:25:30 275 ℃
Xinhua News Agency, Beijing, September 13th, the new media specializes in British media, the research of scientists makes people understand why some people are not resistant to colds, while others are exposed to this virus, but they can escape safely. .
According to the British "Daily Mail" website reported on September 11, the research in the past 10 years shows that exposure to rhinovirus (the main pathogen causing the common cold) does not necessarily mean sickness Even healthy people can find traces of the virus in their noses.
But why do some people get sick and others are safe? The report said that until now, this problem still plagued researchers.
But the latest research at Yale University has found a crack in people's armor - which is especially worrying for smokers, but it also affects everyone exposed to air toxins: Although people's nose can resist the invasion of toxic chemicals (such as smoke) and viruses, it is difficult to resist both attacks.
This report reveals a subtle balance between the various aspects of the body's defense mechanisms and how the toxins in the external environment and products exacerbate this situation.
The first author of the study, Dr. Ellen Foxman, told the Daily Mail reporter: "This is a major clue to the problem of solving the cold." Dr. Foxman explained: "The virus causes disease, and we are infected with more viruses than we actually have." She pointed out: "People often get infected in the nasal cavity, but They won't get sick. If we can find the reason and let this happen more frequently, what will happen?"
To answer this question, Dr. Foxman and her team are in the lab. The lungs and nasal cells are analyzed and exposed to viruses that cause a reaction.
She explained: "We have studied the first line of defense against viral infections, which determines whether the virus is killed, you will not get sick at all, or you are knocked down by the virus and eventually become ill." /p>
Studies have shown that both types of cells counterattack the virus.
But Foxman’s team first noticed that in order to protect against viruses, these cells not only produce antiviral reactions, they also produce an “oxidation reaction”, which is the body’s production of tobacco, pollen and other substances. Defense response.
But it’s important that they find that these reactions don’t work at the same time – just one of them works. Once the oxidative stress reaction begins, it shuts down the antiviral response.
Next, the researchers allowed these cells to contact cigarette smoke and rhinovirus in a short period of time. This theory can still be established.
After resisting the smog, it is difficult for nasal cells to fight the virus as usual, giving the virus a chance to develop.
Doctor Foxman explained that, in essence, resistance to viruses and smoke is a double blow that the body can't handle.
So why do some people get sick and some people are safe?
The report said that people still do not know why. But Dr. Foxman said the findings provided an exciting springboard for people to move toward the final answer.
- In the previous：How old are you eating grass?
- The next article：20 moving pictures with feelings: these familiar things are produced in this way.
Guess you like
- 2019-03-01Five big "deviation" inventions make you stunned...
- 2019-01-31Does the Moon have water? The answer has been revealed, Chang'e No. 4 will tell you.
- 2018-12-04The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket puts 64 satellites into orbit, and the rocket is the third to be reused.
- 2018-11-16"Artificial Sun" was born in China, the electronic temperature is as high as 100 million degrees, and Americans are the enemy.
- 2018-11-13The advantages of dark chocolate are quite a lot, but be careful not to eat with calcium-containing foods!
- 2018-11-13Self-assembled protein
- 2018-10-24Black holes are all understood! Then do you know what a white hole is?
- 2018-09-19What to eat determines what you want
- 2018-08-29A lightning bolt in the sky, how much electricity? The answer you can't think of
- 2018-08-19It’s coming, the Arctic permafrost is “suddenly thawed” and is expected to double by 2050.
- Is the water in the Mariana Trench 10,000 meters deep still liquid? What's the temperature?
- Are pineapples or pineapples sold all over the street? It's a big difference. I finally got it today.
- It has been sealed underground by human beings for 100,000 years. Even if the world is destroyed, it can not be opened.
- The terrible nature makes the body cool.
- NASA's New Mission: Exploring the Origin of the Universe
- There is a new explanation for this kind of landform on Earth and Mars.
- Crossing the boundary of hybrid animals
- 70% probability! US NOAA authority forecast: El Nino or upcoming in autumn and winter
- There is no dry firewood seal, as long as there is a bed in the heart, wherever you can sleep, the leopard is cool...
- 20 moving pictures with feelings: these familiar things are produced in this way.