"The Eye of the Behemoth" peep into the United States! The strongest hurricane in history has hit, and 10 million people are facing threats!2018-09-14 00:25:41 253 ℃
According to the National Hurricane Center, as of 8 pm EST on September 12, the fourth-grade hurricane "Florence" is located 1456 km east of Cape Fear, North Carolina, with a maximum wind speed of 209 km. /hour.
NASA and NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) multiple meteorological satellites are closely watching the progress of "Florence" . German astronaut Gust of the International Space Station photographed a sly-eyed monk 400 km above "Florence" and tweeted that "even if it is horrible from space." He also reminded "America, beware! Prepare for the East Coast, nightmare is coming!"
National Weather Channel ( Weather Channel reported that Hurricane "Florence" is likely to be the strongest hurricane ever to land north of Florida.
NOAA's history shows that since 1851, in 27 hurricanes in grades 4 and 5 that landed in the United States Only four hurricanes landed on the east coast of the United States north of Florida, and three of them barely reached level four. Hurricane "Hugo" is the strongest hurricane that has historically affected North Carolina. In 1989, Hugo landed north of Charleston, South Carolina, with a wind speed of 209 km/h.
This Tuesday, the National Hurricane Center issued an early warning that the wind power of "Florence" is likely to increase to 5, with a wind speed of 253 km / h!
Generally speaking, the minimum sea surface temperature for generating and maintaining a hurricane is 26 °C, and the evaporation of water vapor in a warm ocean can be The hurricane provides more “food”. In September of last year, the average temperature of the sea in the North Carolina coast was usually 26 to 27 ° C, but this year it was uncharacteristically, reaching 29 ° C. "Florence" will pass through this water on Wednesday or Thursday, and its power will be greatly enhanced!
The National Hurricane Center warned that "Florence" is expected to land at the junction of South Carolina and North Carolina this Saturday morning. , bringing catastrophic storms, floods and storm surges to coastal areas. Rainfall is expected to exceed 100 centimeters and the storm surge is close to 4 meters. The largest city in North Carolina, Charlotte and the capital, Raleigh will be affected.
Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia and Maryland, and Washington, DC have declared a state of emergency It is estimated that 10 million people will be affected. At a press conference on Wednesday, North Carolina Governor Cooper warned local residents that “the disaster is close at hand”. As of Tuesday morning, a total of approximately 1.5 million residents received emergency evacuation orders. The US National Weather Service also issued a tweet warning that "Florence is extremely dangerous, please strictly follow the evacuation instructions!"
Expected "Florence" will gradually weaken after landing, but the stagnant hurricane is even more dangerous. The economic loss caused by Hurricane Harvey, which ravaged the Gulf Coast last year, was as high as $160 billion.
- In the previous：20 moving pictures with feelings: these familiar things are produced in this way.
- The next article：The 10 longest-lived animals in the world!
Guess you like
- 2019-03-01Five big "deviation" inventions make you stunned...
- 2019-01-31Does the Moon have water? The answer has been revealed, Chang'e No. 4 will tell you.
- 2018-12-04The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket puts 64 satellites into orbit, and the rocket is the third to be reused.
- 2018-11-16"Artificial Sun" was born in China, the electronic temperature is as high as 100 million degrees, and Americans are the enemy.
- 2018-11-13The advantages of dark chocolate are quite a lot, but be careful not to eat with calcium-containing foods!
- 2018-11-13Self-assembled protein
- 2018-10-24Black holes are all understood! Then do you know what a white hole is?
- 2018-09-19What to eat determines what you want
- 2018-08-29A lightning bolt in the sky, how much electricity? The answer you can't think of
- 2018-08-19It’s coming, the Arctic permafrost is “suddenly thawed” and is expected to double by 2050.
- Is the water in the Mariana Trench 10,000 meters deep still liquid? What's the temperature?
- Are pineapples or pineapples sold all over the street? It's a big difference. I finally got it today.
- It has been sealed underground by human beings for 100,000 years. Even if the world is destroyed, it can not be opened.
- The terrible nature makes the body cool.
- NASA's New Mission: Exploring the Origin of the Universe
- There is a new explanation for this kind of landform on Earth and Mars.
- Crossing the boundary of hybrid animals
- 70% probability! US NOAA authority forecast: El Nino or upcoming in autumn and winter
- There is no dry firewood seal, as long as there is a bed in the heart, wherever you can sleep, the leopard is cool...
- 20 moving pictures with feelings: these familiar things are produced in this way.