What to eat determines what you want2018-09-19 00:26:07 763 ℃
Can diet change thinking? Needless to say, of course. For example, a person's long-term lack of iron in the diet will be anemia, making people dizzy, and considering the problem will be confused. But what we mean here is "diet change thinking" is not the meaning. What we want to explore is: Under the nutritional conditions necessary to ensure the human body, will our thinking and behavior changes with the diet structure?
It seems that the answer is no. For example, in history, the diets of Asians and Europeans are very different, and they grow very differently. But as people, everyone's thinking is not much different. For example, modern science originated in Europe, but it is not difficult for the Orientals to accept it.
It is true that there are many places in the way of thinking and behaving in Europe that are different from us, but most people attribute these differences to differences in cultural practices. An obvious example is that a Chinese who grew up in Europe and the United States has a way of thinking and behaving closer to Europeans and Americans than to our native Chinese.
What to eat determines whether the bee is "working" or "labor"
So, the diet is really Does it affect the way animals think and behave? For people, we are still not good at answering this question, because even if there is, it has been mixed with the influence of cultural practices, and it is difficult to separate each other (or different parts of cultural practices may come from differences in dietary structure). But for some animals, such as bees, the difference in diet does change the way bees behave. And scientists have found the physiological basis for this effect.
The bees are insects that live in social life. In bee colonies, bees have a strict social division of labor, in addition to drones, as well as worker bees and queen bees. The drones don't say it because they are developed from unfertilized eggs, and the worker bees and queen bees born from fertilized eggs are not the same. Both worker bees and queen bees are developed from fertilized eggs with a complete set of identical genes.
But why are the "bloodliness" the same after their birth, the fate will be so different? You see, the worker bees are busy all day, in addition to collecting powder and brewing honey, they also need to build nests, feed larvae, clean the environment, and defend the bee colony. They are even deprived of the right to reproduce. Worker bees are the "laborable masses" in the bee colony. When we were young, we sang "Little Bees, all day busy, collecting nectar, brewing honey", and they are singing. The queen bee is the ruler of pampering. In addition to eating, drinking, mating, and having children all day, nothing else is done, nothing will happen. Isn't it strange that the same gene produces two distinct groups of behaviors? Don't let the "Chen Sheng" in the bees yell out in angrily: "Wang Hou will be like, would you have something to breed?"
It is now certain that the difference between the worker bee and the queen bee lifestyle comes from Their acquired diet. Worker bees are born with pollen, while bees are fed royal jelly. Royal jelly is the secretion of the throat of the young workers, and has a very high nutritional value. This difference in diet not only causes differences in the shape of the worker bees and queen bees - the worker bees are short and delicate, the movements are flexible, and the queen bees are large and large, and they also cause differences in their lives and behaviors. As for the thought of bees, I don’t know. But probably after the queen, they also hold the Confucian thought of "the ruler of the laborer, the ruler of the laborer, the person who eats the person, the ruler of the person who eats the person", otherwise how can it be so peace of mind?
Diet affects gene opening and closing
Why do individuals with the same gene have different diets? Will it cause such a big difference in behavior? Recently, scientists have further revealed the mysteries for us. Scientists have found that the worker bees who eat pollen and the queen bee that eats royal jelly have about 550 differences in the apparent appearance of DNA in their brains. Perhaps it is these differences that lead to differences in their behavior.
We have already said that worker bees and queen bees have the same set of identical DNA. Genes are fragments of DNA that control the individual traits of organisms that are used to control and synthesize specific proteins. However, not all genes can successfully synthesize proteins in any environment. In fact, there is a chemical called "methyl" that "switches" gene expression. If a methyl group gets on a gene, it shuts down the gene and makes it useless. As for what determines the opening and closing of the gene switch? It is the surrounding environment, which also includes the daily diet. Specific to bees, it is the difference in the diet structure between worker bees and queen bees, which causes the difference in the state of 550 genes in their brains, which in turn leads to differences in their behavior.
This study has taken a huge step in resolving the controversy over whether animals behave innate or acquired. Because it proves how the outside world is linked through daily diet and DNA, and how the environment temporarily changes our genes. Unfortunately, similar studies are not yet possible to experiment with human brains. Otherwise, anthropologists and sociologists must wonder whether there is a similar physiological basis for the differences in thinking and behavior between East and West.
The little bees may open the door for people to understand the origins of cultural differences between different ethnic groups.
Guess you like
- 2019-03-01Five big "deviation" inventions make you stunned...
- 2019-01-31Does the Moon have water? The answer has been revealed, Chang'e No. 4 will tell you.
- 2018-12-04The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket puts 64 satellites into orbit, and the rocket is the third to be reused.
- 2018-11-16"Artificial Sun" was born in China, the electronic temperature is as high as 100 million degrees, and Americans are the enemy.
- 2018-11-13The advantages of dark chocolate are quite a lot, but be careful not to eat with calcium-containing foods!
- 2018-11-13Self-assembled protein
- 2018-10-24Black holes are all understood! Then do you know what a white hole is?
- 2018-09-19What to eat determines what you want
- 2018-08-29A lightning bolt in the sky, how much electricity? The answer you can't think of
- 2018-08-19It’s coming, the Arctic permafrost is “suddenly thawed” and is expected to double by 2050.
- Is the water in the Mariana Trench 10,000 meters deep still liquid? What's the temperature?
- Are pineapples or pineapples sold all over the street? It's a big difference. I finally got it today.
- It has been sealed underground by human beings for 100,000 years. Even if the world is destroyed, it can not be opened.
- The terrible nature makes the body cool.
- NASA's New Mission: Exploring the Origin of the Universe
- There is a new explanation for this kind of landform on Earth and Mars.
- Crossing the boundary of hybrid animals
- 70% probability! US NOAA authority forecast: El Nino or upcoming in autumn and winter
- There is no dry firewood seal, as long as there is a bed in the heart, wherever you can sleep, the leopard is cool...
- 20 moving pictures with feelings: these familiar things are produced in this way.