Japanese scientists have succeeded in cultivating new hens, and the "golden egg" under it is worth millions of dollars.2018-09-20 00:25:30 288 ℃
According to Japanese media reports on September 18, Japanese scientists have succeeded in cultivating a new type of hen that can produce millions of dollars worth of "golden eggs" because it contains an expensive protein. It can be used to treat serious diseases such as cancer and hepatitis.
The scientists from the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology and the Japan Institute of Biomedical Research have invented this novel "golden egg" production method. Scientists use new genome editing techniques to transform hens, and hens can produce eggs containing large amounts of interferon at a lower cost. Previously, the traditional method of artificial interferon beta based on colonic or cultured cells required the use of huge dedicated facilities at a very high cost.
The scientists first performed cell collection, and the cells from the cock embryos were eventually transformed into sperm. The scientist then implants a gene that produces human interferon beta. After completing the above procedure, the cells were returned to the embryos of other small cocks, and the hatched cocks were used to mate with the wild hens. The researchers found that eggs hatched by their female offspring contain high levels of human interferon beta, which can be found in proteins around the egg yolk.
This protein content in a single egg ranges from about 30 to 60 mg, considering the market price of human interferon beta, the value of each egg It is estimated to be between $530,000 and $2.6 million. Human interferon beta is a natural antiviral protein that is very expensive and is commonly used as a therapeutic agent for diseases such as cancer and hepatitis. Xiaobian searched the price of artificial interferon B on the domestic website and found that the price of a related drug of 1.5 mg was also three or four thousand.
Scientists are currently working with a Japanese reagent manufacturing company, Cosmo Bio, to explore the feasibility of commercializing hens to hatch antiviral proteins. Cosmo Bio plans to begin selling the protein produced by the company's internal hens early next year, mainly for medical research purposes, and hopes to commercialize it in the future.
Cosmo Bio's Kitahara Miyuki told the media: About interferon-beta protein, about 20 hens in our company can produce this kind of "gold" Eggs, so far, our hens are constantly producing eggs, just like normal hens. She emphasized the benefits of this technology and added that these hens can continue to lay eggs, so we can get a lot of recombinant protein stably. In addition, this mechanism will not kill hens.
More important The company said that if the drug is developed according to the new method, the price will be half or one-third of the traditional drug. This is really a boon for patients with serious diseases. Before it was officially sold as a drug, its Validity and safety must be confirmed. The company's next step is to make the test based on the protein produced by the hen and perform more tests.
- In the previous：Crossing the boundary of hybrid animals
- The next article：The universe does not start with the big bang, but the two universes continue to circulate?
Guess you like
- 2019-03-01Five big "deviation" inventions make you stunned...
- 2019-01-31Does the Moon have water? The answer has been revealed, Chang'e No. 4 will tell you.
- 2018-12-04The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket puts 64 satellites into orbit, and the rocket is the third to be reused.
- 2018-11-16"Artificial Sun" was born in China, the electronic temperature is as high as 100 million degrees, and Americans are the enemy.
- 2018-11-13The advantages of dark chocolate are quite a lot, but be careful not to eat with calcium-containing foods!
- 2018-11-13Self-assembled protein
- 2018-10-24Black holes are all understood! Then do you know what a white hole is?
- 2018-09-19What to eat determines what you want
- 2018-08-29A lightning bolt in the sky, how much electricity? The answer you can't think of
- 2018-08-19It’s coming, the Arctic permafrost is “suddenly thawed” and is expected to double by 2050.
- Is the water in the Mariana Trench 10,000 meters deep still liquid? What's the temperature?
- Are pineapples or pineapples sold all over the street? It's a big difference. I finally got it today.
- It has been sealed underground by human beings for 100,000 years. Even if the world is destroyed, it can not be opened.
- The terrible nature makes the body cool.
- NASA's New Mission: Exploring the Origin of the Universe
- There is a new explanation for this kind of landform on Earth and Mars.
- Crossing the boundary of hybrid animals
- 70% probability! US NOAA authority forecast: El Nino or upcoming in autumn and winter
- There is no dry firewood seal, as long as there is a bed in the heart, wherever you can sleep, the leopard is cool...
- 20 moving pictures with feelings: these familiar things are produced in this way.