The universe does not start with the big bang, but the two universes continue to circulate?2018-09-20 00:25:32 305 ℃
The theory of circular universe believes that the universe does not begin with the big bang, it is just the beginning of a cycle. Photo: Mark Garlick / Science Photo Library/Getty Images
The scientists agree that the beginning of the universe was 1.38 billion years ago. Everything at that time - all matter, energy and even space itself - emerged in the big bang. But if you want to ask about the situation before the start of the big bang, there is no way to speculate. The physicist from Oxford is not a member of the big bang cosmology supporter. He supports circular cosmology.
In a new study, Penrose and two colleagues reported that they found strange energy points on the edge of the observable universe, but standard cosmology could not explain this feature, but the theory of circular universe can . However, physicist Sean Carroll from the California Institute of Technology said he is always skeptical about the theory of cosmic cycles. Penrose responded that space itself is his evidence. If he is right, then the "hot spot" of the universe they discovered is the relic of the last universe before our universe began a new cycle. This will completely change our view of the origin of the universe.
The change of the two universes
Although it seems a bit outrageous, Penrose is serious. According to this cycle model, we are in the early stages of a universe. Long after the Earth dies, it will continue to accelerate for hundreds of billions of years until almost the entire space is empty. What dominated at that time was no longer matter, but energy and radiation. According to Penrose, the "mass" as the physical property of matter will gradually disappear, leaving only widely scattered particles, and the universe no longer has an identifiable structure.
The next step is the really confusing part. Once the mass and structure disappear, the scale will disappear. The infinite and infinite universes are physically identical and reborn in the new big bang. All the mass and energy of the last universe are huddled together to form a small space, and the new universe is like a clean version of the old universe, creating a new set of galaxies. Penrose said: "Assuming you are an astronaut, the capsule can let you live for a while, but after the massive decay begins, you and the spacecraft will begin to disintegrate and eventually become unquality." Although humans and objects cannot Crossing between the two universes, but energy can be. And Penrose thinks that is what he observed.
"Remains" left in the previous universe
Penrose and physicist Daniel An from the State University of New York Maritime Academy, Krzysztof A from Warsaw University Together, Meissner studied the hypothesis theory of an energy bag left by the former universe. Scientists believe that when the old and new universes are replaced, the energy bag will be squeezed into an integrated energy point. Penrose called it "Hawking Point" to commemorate theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking. According to the theory of circular universe, these points should be observable as the bright spots in the cosmic microwave background, that is, the brilliance created by a group in the big bang. Therefore, when Penrose's team scrutinized the astronomical maps of the radiation they observed, they found "strong evidence of abnormal points." For him, this is evidence of the existence of the last universe.
Image of cosmic microwave radiation captured by the Planck Cosmic Radiation Detector. Figure: ESA / Planck Collaboration
Critics of the theory of circular universe point out that the microwave background is full of random features. Moreover, the human eye is particularly vulnerable to being confused, thereby identifying patterns that do not exist. So this time, Daniel An compares the real universe to the computer's simulated universe based on traditional theory. If the Hawking point is true, it should only appear in the data of the real universe. If it's just an illusion, it should also appear in the simulation data. After the creation of 8,000 simulated universes, Penrose said: "There is no Hawking point effect. Zero!"
Although there is "evidence", Penrose's views are still widely suspected. Douglas Scott, a physicist from Columbia University, said: "I also hope that there is evidence to prove that the universe is permanent, but the current research seems to be far from enough." Carroll, who had previously expressed skepticism, said that the theory of circular universe does explain Why the big bang is orderly, but "it matches a high-energy universe with an empty and cold universe as a front-and-back existence. I really don't understand why there is any reason for this." Although Penrose's views and mainstream There has been a violent conflict in theory, but he still hopes to continue to look for evidence that particles can spontaneously lose quality.
Guess you like
- 2019-03-01Five big "deviation" inventions make you stunned...
- 2019-01-31Does the Moon have water? The answer has been revealed, Chang'e No. 4 will tell you.
- 2018-12-04The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket puts 64 satellites into orbit, and the rocket is the third to be reused.
- 2018-11-16"Artificial Sun" was born in China, the electronic temperature is as high as 100 million degrees, and Americans are the enemy.
- 2018-11-13The advantages of dark chocolate are quite a lot, but be careful not to eat with calcium-containing foods!
- 2018-11-13Self-assembled protein
- 2018-10-24Black holes are all understood! Then do you know what a white hole is?
- 2018-09-19What to eat determines what you want
- 2018-08-29A lightning bolt in the sky, how much electricity? The answer you can't think of
- 2018-08-19It’s coming, the Arctic permafrost is “suddenly thawed” and is expected to double by 2050.
- Is the water in the Mariana Trench 10,000 meters deep still liquid? What's the temperature?
- Are pineapples or pineapples sold all over the street? It's a big difference. I finally got it today.
- It has been sealed underground by human beings for 100,000 years. Even if the world is destroyed, it can not be opened.
- The terrible nature makes the body cool.
- NASA's New Mission: Exploring the Origin of the Universe
- There is a new explanation for this kind of landform on Earth and Mars.
- Crossing the boundary of hybrid animals
- 70% probability! US NOAA authority forecast: El Nino or upcoming in autumn and winter
- There is no dry firewood seal, as long as there is a bed in the heart, wherever you can sleep, the leopard is cool...
- 20 moving pictures with feelings: these familiar things are produced in this way.