New research: long-term space work will change the astronauts' brain2018-10-25 20:25:42 215 ℃
Recently, a new study shows that the brains of astronauts who have left the Earth for a long time may change, and this change lasts for a long time, which may affect vision.
This new study relies on magnetic resonance tomography (MRT) to scan the brains of 10 International Space Station (ISS) astronauts and find There are measurable differences in the volume of the three major tissues. The findings are the latest in a long-term study of the serious human casualties caused by space travel, but so far, it is unclear what the consequences of these brain changes will be.
Peter zu Eulenburg, professor of neurology at the University of Munich (LMU), said: "This is the first time to quantify in space." Research on the structural changes of the astronauts' brain." Researchers say that although space travel has caused muscle atrophy and bone density to decrease, the impact on human brain tissue remains a mystery.
The researchers found that after astronauts stayed in space, the gray matter volume of the brain decreased and the volume of cerebrospinal fluid in the cortex increased. These findings suggest that long-term space travel may cause white matter volume to be gradually replaced by cerebrospinal fluid. This will affect the agility of the astronauts' vision.
- In the previous：Climate change
- The next article：China has become the fastest growing country in the world in forest resources
Guess you like
- 2019-03-01Five big "deviation" inventions make you stunned...
- 2019-01-31Does the Moon have water? The answer has been revealed, Chang'e No. 4 will tell you.
- 2018-12-04The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket puts 64 satellites into orbit, and the rocket is the third to be reused.
- 2018-11-16"Artificial Sun" was born in China, the electronic temperature is as high as 100 million degrees, and Americans are the enemy.
- 2018-11-13The advantages of dark chocolate are quite a lot, but be careful not to eat with calcium-containing foods!
- 2018-11-13Self-assembled protein
- 2018-10-24Black holes are all understood! Then do you know what a white hole is?
- 2018-09-19What to eat determines what you want
- 2018-08-29A lightning bolt in the sky, how much electricity? The answer you can't think of
- 2018-08-19It’s coming, the Arctic permafrost is “suddenly thawed” and is expected to double by 2050.
- Is the water in the Mariana Trench 10,000 meters deep still liquid? What's the temperature?
- Are pineapples or pineapples sold all over the street? It's a big difference. I finally got it today.
- It has been sealed underground by human beings for 100,000 years. Even if the world is destroyed, it can not be opened.
- The terrible nature makes the body cool.
- NASA's New Mission: Exploring the Origin of the Universe
- There is a new explanation for this kind of landform on Earth and Mars.
- Crossing the boundary of hybrid animals
- 70% probability! US NOAA authority forecast: El Nino or upcoming in autumn and winter
- There is no dry firewood seal, as long as there is a bed in the heart, wherever you can sleep, the leopard is cool...
- 20 moving pictures with feelings: these familiar things are produced in this way.