Cat from 4,500 years ago! Egyptian archaeologists discover animal mummies2018-11-13 00:25:37 423 ℃
Recently, Egyptian archaeologists announced that seven ancient caves dating from 4,500 years ago were discovered in Segara, a large ancient cemetery about 30 kilometers south of Cairo. Many animal mummies including cats were also found in the tomb.
in the past 6 months In the archaeological work, archaeologists discovered seven tombs on the edge of the Usselkaf Pyramid in Segara, three of which belonged to the period of the ancient kingdom (the 3rd to 6th dynasties of ancient Egypt, about 2686 BC) In 2181 BC, the other four belonged to the New Kingdom period (18th to 20th dynasties in ancient Egypt, about 1553 BC to 1085 BC). A number of well-preserved ancient artifacts were unearthed from these tombs, many of which were animal mummies, including cats, scarabs and crocodiles. In addition, archaeologists have discovered 100 gold-plated cat wood carvings and a bronze cat sculpture. This bronze cat sculpture is believed to be dedicated to the ancient Egyptian goddess Bastet, who is often portrayed as a lioness or cat.
Such artifacts reflect the ancient Egyptians' respect for felines. According to archaeologists, cats were used as ritual supplies in ancient Egypt 5,500 years ago. At that time, cats were called "Mau", which played an important role in ancient Egyptian society and was a symbol of grace. Previously, the ancient Egyptians were thought to have been domesticating cats as early as 3,700 BC. Recently, it was said that ancient Egyptians began to domesticate cats around 1950 BC.
In recent years, Egypt’s new discoveries in archaeology have continually attracted visitors from all over the world to explore. In 2017, the number of tourists visiting Egypt reached 8.3 million, a 54% increase over the same period.
Copyright Notice: If copyright issues are involved, please contact the website with the Ownership Certificate
- In the previous：Research says: Frequent photos on social platforms can lead to narcissism
- The next article：He has seen a bold future on Mars and the moon.
Guess you like
- 2019-03-01Five big "deviation" inventions make you stunned...
- 2019-01-31Does the Moon have water? The answer has been revealed, Chang'e No. 4 will tell you.
- 2018-12-04The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket puts 64 satellites into orbit, and the rocket is the third to be reused.
- 2018-11-16"Artificial Sun" was born in China, the electronic temperature is as high as 100 million degrees, and Americans are the enemy.
- 2018-11-13The advantages of dark chocolate are quite a lot, but be careful not to eat with calcium-containing foods!
- 2018-11-13Self-assembled protein
- 2018-10-24Black holes are all understood! Then do you know what a white hole is?
- 2018-09-19What to eat determines what you want
- 2018-08-29A lightning bolt in the sky, how much electricity? The answer you can't think of
- 2018-08-19It’s coming, the Arctic permafrost is “suddenly thawed” and is expected to double by 2050.
- Is the water in the Mariana Trench 10,000 meters deep still liquid? What's the temperature?
- Are pineapples or pineapples sold all over the street? It's a big difference. I finally got it today.
- It has been sealed underground by human beings for 100,000 years. Even if the world is destroyed, it can not be opened.
- The terrible nature makes the body cool.
- NASA's New Mission: Exploring the Origin of the Universe
- There is a new explanation for this kind of landform on Earth and Mars.
- Crossing the boundary of hybrid animals
- 70% probability! US NOAA authority forecast: El Nino or upcoming in autumn and winter
- There is no dry firewood seal, as long as there is a bed in the heart, wherever you can sleep, the leopard is cool...
- 20 moving pictures with feelings: these familiar things are produced in this way.