Research reveals that humans have changed natural vegetation six thousand years ago2018-11-13 20:25:32 55 ℃
This newspaper (reporter Huang Xin) Tongji University professor Weng Chengyu and PhD student Cheng Zhongjing found that at least in South China, humans were five or six thousand years ago. It has substantially changed the succession and evolution process of natural vegetation. This is the first time in the world that the strong evidence of early humans' natural ecosystems has been revealed with solid evidence. It also means that natural vegetation may have been changed as early as 6,000 years ago, or that true natural vegetation is no longer there. The results were recently published online in Nature-Earth Science.
Spores and pollen deposited in the ocean can reflect the evolution of terrestrial vegetation in the source area. The researchers analyzed several typical interglacial periods similar to today's warm environments and found similar vegetation. Evolution: In the early days, tropical coniferous forest components expanded rapidly, and temperate and subtropical pines decreased accordingly. By the end of the warm period, pines have prospered and tropical components have been reduced. This process is synchronized with changes in ocean surface temperature, starting at a sea surface temperature of 27 degrees Celsius, indicating temperature control.
However, in the current warm period, the expansion of the tropical component was interrupted and soon attenuated, and Song also recovered from expansion to recovery and expansion, and quickly reached its peak.
"This turn occurred about 6,000 years ago, when there was a high peak of charcoal that was closely related to human fire." Weng Chengyu said that the results of this study showed that the role of early human activities was It is greatly underestimated that the substantive impact of human beings is much earlier than the past.
Related paper information: DOI:10.1038/s41561-018-0250-1
- In the previous：New risk genes for Parkinson's disease found
- The next article：Climate change affects the composition of the Amazon rainforest tree species
Guess you like
- 2018-12-04The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket puts 64 satellites into orbit, and the rocket is the third to be reused.
- 2018-11-16"Artificial Sun" was born in China, the electronic temperature is as high as 100 million degrees, and Americans are the enemy.
- 2018-11-13The advantages of dark chocolate are quite a lot, but be careful not to eat with calcium-containing foods!
- 2018-11-13Self-assembled protein
- 2018-10-24Black holes are all understood! Then do you know what a white hole is?
- 2018-09-19What to eat determines what you want
- 2018-08-29A lightning bolt in the sky, how much electricity? The answer you can't think of
- 2018-08-19It’s coming, the Arctic permafrost is “suddenly thawed” and is expected to double by 2050.
- 2018-08-04unsolved puzzle! Why does the stone move by itself? Troubled by many scientists
- 2018-06-08It lived for 400 million years and was rescued by blue blood. But it was forced into desperation by human beings.
- Crossing the boundary of hybrid animals
- 70% probability! US NOAA authority forecast: El Nino or upcoming in autumn and winter
- There is no dry firewood seal, as long as there is a bed in the heart, wherever you can sleep, the leopard is cool...
- 20 moving pictures with feelings: these familiar things are produced in this way.
- The strongest hurricane hit the East Coast of the United States in 29 years! Looking at Hurricane Florence from space
- British supermarket pork detected deadly mutant bacteria, only because of the use of antibiotics that have been banned for two years in China
- Another creature is facing extinction! The last "land" of the Adelie penguin may be reduced by 50% in 10 years.
- Is this the most round sphere in the world? Countless scientists have been built for five years, what is the use?
- The Perseus ε meteor shower will be ushered in on September 10th, helping teachers festival
- How many earths are there in the universe?