US companies intend to adjust the "Star Chain" program2018-11-13 20:25:36 166 ℃
Xinhua News Agency US Space Exploration Technologies Inc. plans to reduce the orbital altitude of more than 1,500 satellites to be launched in the Star Chain program, saying it will help To reduce space junk.
US media quoted Space Exploration Technologies’ recent application to the US Federal Communications Commission as showing that the private company plans to reduce 1,600 satellites, originally scheduled to operate at 1,150 kilometers above the Earth, to 1,584. The height is reduced to 550 kilometers.
Previous studies have suggested that the large number of small satellites will increase the risk of space collisions, so once they complete their mission, they should immediately derail.
Space Exploration Technologies said that lowering the orbital height of these satellites would make the space environment safer, especially when satellite fuel is insufficient or not functioning properly, and it is easier to clean in lower orbits. At this height, particles in the Earth's atmosphere will strike the satellite more quickly, push it away from its original orbit and “drag” it to Earth, eventually burning up in the atmosphere.
But Space Exploration Technologies also acknowledges that moving in lower orbits will also introduce new problems, such as the area covered by each satellite at a certain time will be reduced, so the signal transmission method needs to be modified. Also ensure that the satellites are not "drag" back to Earth by atmospheric particles.
Space Exploration Technologies previously planned to deploy 4,425 satellites in low-Earth orbit from 1,150 km to 1,325 km above the ground, with transmission bands between Ku and ka; and about 7,500 satellites It deploys very low Earth orbits between 335 and 346 km above the Earth, transmitting data in the V-band. These satellites will form a so-called "star chain" that provides high-speed Internet access from space to the United States or the world . (Zhou Zhou)
- In the previous：Climate change affects the composition of the Amazon rainforest tree species
- The next article：How to treat heavy metals in edible fungi
Guess you like
- 2019-03-01Five big "deviation" inventions make you stunned...
- 2019-01-31Does the Moon have water? The answer has been revealed, Chang'e No. 4 will tell you.
- 2018-12-04The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket puts 64 satellites into orbit, and the rocket is the third to be reused.
- 2018-11-16"Artificial Sun" was born in China, the electronic temperature is as high as 100 million degrees, and Americans are the enemy.
- 2018-11-13The advantages of dark chocolate are quite a lot, but be careful not to eat with calcium-containing foods!
- 2018-11-13Self-assembled protein
- 2018-10-24Black holes are all understood! Then do you know what a white hole is?
- 2018-09-19What to eat determines what you want
- 2018-08-29A lightning bolt in the sky, how much electricity? The answer you can't think of
- 2018-08-19It’s coming, the Arctic permafrost is “suddenly thawed” and is expected to double by 2050.
- Is the water in the Mariana Trench 10,000 meters deep still liquid? What's the temperature?
- Are pineapples or pineapples sold all over the street? It's a big difference. I finally got it today.
- It has been sealed underground by human beings for 100,000 years. Even if the world is destroyed, it can not be opened.
- The terrible nature makes the body cool.
- NASA's New Mission: Exploring the Origin of the Universe
- There is a new explanation for this kind of landform on Earth and Mars.
- Crossing the boundary of hybrid animals
- 70% probability! US NOAA authority forecast: El Nino or upcoming in autumn and winter
- There is no dry firewood seal, as long as there is a bed in the heart, wherever you can sleep, the leopard is cool...
- 20 moving pictures with feelings: these familiar things are produced in this way.