"Super Earth" was discovered around the star rotation from the solar system2018-11-16 10:26:18 77 ℃
Reference News Network reported on November 16 British media said that astronomers announced on November 14th based on 20 years of scientific observations, a cold and dark called "super earth" The planets may be orbiting around isolated stars that are closest to our solar system.
According to Reuters reported on November 14, the quality of this planet is estimated to be at least 3.2 times that of the Earth, and it was found to be running around Barnard Star. Barnard Star is a relatively low temperature and small mass star. It is called the "red dwarf star". It is about 6 light years away from the solar system and is relatively close in the universe. The planet is believed to run a circle around Barnard every 233 days.
A planet that orbits a star outside the solar system is called an exoplanet. We have discovered nearly 4,000 exoplanets. This newly discovered exoplanet is the second closest exoplanet discovered to the solar system. It is considered to be a "super-earth", a type of planet that is larger than the mass of the Earth but smaller than the mass of a large gas planet.
Ignacy Rivas, a researcher at the Catalonia Space Research Institute and the Space Science Institute in Spain, said in a statement: "After very careful analysis, we have 99% confidence in it. The planet is there," he said. "However, we will continue to observe this fast-moving star to rule out the natural changes in the brightness of the stars that may exist - but unlikely - because this change may It is mistaken for a planet.”
The only star closer to the solar system than Barnard is the Samsung system of the Alpha Centauri, which is located a little more than four light years from the solar system. Two years ago, astronomers announced the discovery of a planet similar in size to the Earth in the Alpha Galaxy in Centaurus. Its orbit makes it possible to have liquid water on its surface, increasing the possibility of alien life on it.
This new planet that orbits Barnard may not be as liable. Its surface temperature may be around minus 170 degrees Celsius. Barnard's energy for this frozen planet is only 2% of the energy the Sun provides to the Earth.
The researchers combined the measurements of multiple high-precision instruments mounted on telescopes around the world to study the planet.
This research report has been published in the British magazine Nature. (Compile / Wang Lei)
Guess you like
- 2019-03-01Five big "deviation" inventions make you stunned...
- 2019-01-31Does the Moon have water? The answer has been revealed, Chang'e No. 4 will tell you.
- 2018-12-04The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket puts 64 satellites into orbit, and the rocket is the third to be reused.
- 2018-11-16"Artificial Sun" was born in China, the electronic temperature is as high as 100 million degrees, and Americans are the enemy.
- 2018-11-13The advantages of dark chocolate are quite a lot, but be careful not to eat with calcium-containing foods!
- 2018-11-13Self-assembled protein
- 2018-10-24Black holes are all understood! Then do you know what a white hole is?
- 2018-09-19What to eat determines what you want
- 2018-08-29A lightning bolt in the sky, how much electricity? The answer you can't think of
- 2018-08-19It’s coming, the Arctic permafrost is “suddenly thawed” and is expected to double by 2050.
- The terrible nature makes the body cool.
- NASA's New Mission: Exploring the Origin of the Universe
- There is a new explanation for this kind of landform on Earth and Mars.
- Crossing the boundary of hybrid animals
- 70% probability! US NOAA authority forecast: El Nino or upcoming in autumn and winter
- There is no dry firewood seal, as long as there is a bed in the heart, wherever you can sleep, the leopard is cool...
- 20 moving pictures with feelings: these familiar things are produced in this way.
- The strongest hurricane hit the East Coast of the United States in 29 years! Looking at Hurricane Florence from space
- British supermarket pork detected deadly mutant bacteria, only because of the use of antibiotics that have been banned for two years in China
- Another creature is facing extinction! The last "land" of the Adelie penguin may be reduced by 50% in 10 years.