Nuclear explosion 0.016 seconds instantaneous, hemispheric height 200 meters! Terrorist scene of plutonium core explosion2019-02-09 09:18:21 137 ℃
Fig: On July 16, 1945, the height of the highest point in the hemisphere was 200 meters at 0.016 seconds after the explosion of the Trinity plutonium core. The< p> Manhattan Plan was the first U.S. nuclear weapons development program during World War II. The project lasted from 1942 to 1946 and involved many famous scientists from all over the world. Scientists have carried out a series of extremely complex experiments to improve the stability of plutonium cores in nuclear bombs. In Los Alamos laboratory, plutonium core tests resulted in the death of two important researchers, and other unknown injuries were countless, known in the scientific community as the "Devil Core".
"Devil Core" is a spherical plutonium core weighing 6.2 kg surrounded by tungsten carbide. Its function is to shield large amounts of nuclear radiation. The Trinity Test of "Devil Core" is the first nuclear explosion in human history. Only after the successful test did the atomic bombs explode in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Two fatalities occurred in the research experiment after "Devil Core". The first case of occurred on 21 August 1945. A researcher made a fatal mistake when testing the stability of the core. He accidentally placed an experimental device on the core, and the core suddenly exploded neutron radiation. The physicist died of radiation damage 25 days later. At the time of the accident, a security guard was also in the room, but the physicist dismantled the equipment in time to reduce radiation damage to others and save the lives of security guards. The second accident occurred on May 21, 1946. At that time, eight researchers tested the stability of the core. Physicist Louis Slotin lifted the protective shield of the core and inserted the screwdriver into the core. Previously, Slotin had done similar operations many times and was very familiar with this set of operations. This time, the tool slipped away from the core. Instantly, the plutonium core produced flashing blue light and huge radiation. Slotin felt sick then and vomited. Nine days later, Slotin died of acute radiation poisoning and complete destruction of the gastrointestinal tract. Other researchers were treated immediately, but fortunately it was okay.
Fig. Plutonium core is surrounded by tungsten carbide block to prevent radiation.
In fact, a few months before Slotin's misleading accident, another surgeon, Robert Oppenheimer, objected to this test method of using a screwdriver and suggested that it be safer to operate with a robotic arm. But Slotin believed that he had tested many times and had rich experience, so it was no problem to use a screwdriver. He also said "It was just scratching on the tail of a dragon". After the accident, the Institute ordered that all plutonium core tests must use robotic arms, and that the experimenters must keep a certain distance from the plutonium core.
Guess you like
- 2019-03-01Five big "deviation" inventions make you stunned...
- 2019-01-31Does the Moon have water? The answer has been revealed, Chang'e No. 4 will tell you.
- 2018-12-04The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket puts 64 satellites into orbit, and the rocket is the third to be reused.
- 2018-11-16"Artificial Sun" was born in China, the electronic temperature is as high as 100 million degrees, and Americans are the enemy.
- 2018-11-13The advantages of dark chocolate are quite a lot, but be careful not to eat with calcium-containing foods!
- 2018-11-13Self-assembled protein
- 2018-10-24Black holes are all understood! Then do you know what a white hole is?
- 2018-09-19What to eat determines what you want
- 2018-08-29A lightning bolt in the sky, how much electricity? The answer you can't think of
- 2018-08-19It’s coming, the Arctic permafrost is “suddenly thawed” and is expected to double by 2050.
- Is the water in the Mariana Trench 10,000 meters deep still liquid? What's the temperature?
- Are pineapples or pineapples sold all over the street? It's a big difference. I finally got it today.
- It has been sealed underground by human beings for 100,000 years. Even if the world is destroyed, it can not be opened.
- The terrible nature makes the body cool.
- NASA's New Mission: Exploring the Origin of the Universe
- There is a new explanation for this kind of landform on Earth and Mars.
- Crossing the boundary of hybrid animals
- 70% probability! US NOAA authority forecast: El Nino or upcoming in autumn and winter
- There is no dry firewood seal, as long as there is a bed in the heart, wherever you can sleep, the leopard is cool...
- 20 moving pictures with feelings: these familiar things are produced in this way.