Embarrassment! The International Space Station's $19 million toilet exploded. Astronauts seem to be more upset.2019-02-09 09:18:22 83 ℃
In other words, when
mentions the International Space Station (ISS), many people's first thoughts are mysterious, high-tech, upgrade...
But the latest news has made ISS a little embarrassed...
That is, their $19 million toilet exploded...
According to Russian media reports, the toilets in the US region of ISS suddenly broke down just last week.
"Our colleagues in the Tranquillity module suffered an accident last Friday," a person familiar with the matter told reporters, "More than 10 liters of liquid leaked out before the problem was solved..." It's really troublesome for so many liquids to get into the capsule under weightlessness, "My colleagues have to use towels to collect these liquids."
Just thinking about this picture makes people laugh and cry. In addition to causing trouble, another problem caused by liquid leakage is "waste". It is well known that water is the key condition for astronauts to survive and work.
According to NASA, crew members of the International Space Station must save as much water as possible - about 2 litres per person per day, and they need to expand their allocation by collecting, cleaning and reusing wastewater. That's one of the reasons why astronauts are so busy collecting liquids.
This bad toilet looks like
Does it not look like a normal toilet at all...?
It doesn't even have a door...
Because the ISS is the size of a football field and does not have enough space to take care of too much privacy,
astronauts can only pull a curtain when they need to go to the toilet, and it is embarrassing to catch up...
But don't underestimate this seemingly rudimentary toilet, which the United States bought from Russia for $19 million! Because NASA thought it was cheaper to buy directly from Russia than to make it by itself.
(Howard was crying in the toilet...)
There was a "miniature municipal water treatment system" in the toilet. It took about 8 days to recycle 80%-85% of urine into drinking water.
Although the recycling process was slow, it also completely achieved the real waste utilization.
In other words, what is the use of this million-dollar toilet in the end?
many astronauts have taken videos to introduce (Tucao) too.
First, the toilet is arranged in detail. First, the toilet is arranged in this way, the toilet The results of this study are as follows:1. Aim at... The
tube will inhale the excreted liquid by inhalation effect, enter the system, and begin to filter along the bad path...
Big size is more troublesome... Did you see the white container? It's the astronaut's toilet... The principle of
is the same as that of the tubular trumpet, which relies on the "inhalation effect" of the fan.
Astronauts will first lay a bag underneath, tie it tightly, and then push it into the container.
When using, astronauts need to tie themselves to safety belts, otherwise they can easily float away...
and put your fart on the toilet... Because the opening of the toilet container is very small, they will choose to aim directly at the opening of the container,
and then need very accurate "aiming", otherwise they may float out...
astronauts said that in some ways, this toilet is also convenient, because it can be carried out in both large and small sizes... Uh...
Cough, of course, toilets also have more intimate places, such as straw paper...
There are various kinds of papyrus in it, rough and soft...
Although as long as "aiming", excreta will fall into the place exactly and then be absorbed... But accidents are always inevitable...
That's why gloves and sterile paper towels are also prepared on the edge of straw paper so as not to need to be operated carelessly.
Hmm... The environment like
is really not comfortable, and
also makes many astronauts feel palpitated when they return to Earth to talk about the toilet. For example, Peggy Whitson, an astronaut who spent a record 665 days in space, told reporters that although space exploration was "very satisfying", she would never miss going to the bathroom, "like camping."
"Trumpets are relatively easy, but trumpets are really challenging because you're aiming at a huge hole."
"When the container is full, you have to put on rubber gloves and tidy up everything..."
Narrow environment, narrow toilet, troublesome operation facilities, just normal use has been a tragedy,
But now, more terrible problems have occurred,
toilet is broken...
Although the news did not specify why the toilet exploded, this is not the first time that an ISS toilet had an accident.
In 2009, the toilet broke down once because of the failure of the liquid separator.
and it is known that this toilet will break every other time... Every time
, what had been "inhaled" would be poured back into the capsule from pipes and containers...
and then drifting all over the cabin...
NASA astronaut Barry Wilmore once euphemistically described an experience of "flooding the Golden Mountains",
"If you use fish as an analogy, there has been such a special case, it is you... When something runs out, call it "brown salmon."
"You have to capture it back, and then the whole process is very funny. This is something that will never happen on Earth."
Okay, you can imagine... Fortunately,
although the toilet is broken and difficult to clean up, these astronauts need not hold back,
because there is another toilet in the Russian area of ISS that can be borrowed...
Although going to the bathroom there may be laughed at, it's better than holding up!
is also suffering the astronauts...
specially prepared for you all the good products recommended by Britain ~ Angry Fat Grape: Was it the zero gravity discharge system of Warowitz?? Force Yu: What if you have diarrhea, it's too bad V Concealment: Do you have time for a brief history? I have time to collect excrement dumplings sugar: I can't imagine that life in space has been so inconvenient for such a long time, and there is no way to improve it Mars roller: toilet in space is a serious matter
Angry Fat Grape: Was it the zero gravity discharge system of Warowitz??
Force Yu: What if you have diarrhea, it's too bad
V Concealment: Do you have time for a brief history? I have time to collect excrement
dumplings sugar: I can't imagine that life in space has been so inconvenient for such a long time, and there is no way to improve it
Mars roller: toilet in space is a serious matterthings, strong >
direct mail from Britain. The package tax ~.
Guess you like
- 2019-03-01Five big "deviation" inventions make you stunned...
- 2019-01-31Does the Moon have water? The answer has been revealed, Chang'e No. 4 will tell you.
- 2018-12-04The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket puts 64 satellites into orbit, and the rocket is the third to be reused.
- 2018-11-16"Artificial Sun" was born in China, the electronic temperature is as high as 100 million degrees, and Americans are the enemy.
- 2018-11-13The advantages of dark chocolate are quite a lot, but be careful not to eat with calcium-containing foods!
- 2018-11-13Self-assembled protein
- 2018-10-24Black holes are all understood! Then do you know what a white hole is?
- 2018-09-19What to eat determines what you want
- 2018-08-29A lightning bolt in the sky, how much electricity? The answer you can't think of
- 2018-08-19It’s coming, the Arctic permafrost is “suddenly thawed” and is expected to double by 2050.
- Are pineapples or pineapples sold all over the street? It's a big difference. I finally got it today.
- It has been sealed underground by human beings for 100,000 years. Even if the world is destroyed, it can not be opened.
- The terrible nature makes the body cool.
- NASA's New Mission: Exploring the Origin of the Universe
- There is a new explanation for this kind of landform on Earth and Mars.
- Crossing the boundary of hybrid animals
- 70% probability! US NOAA authority forecast: El Nino or upcoming in autumn and winter
- There is no dry firewood seal, as long as there is a bed in the heart, wherever you can sleep, the leopard is cool...
- 20 moving pictures with feelings: these familiar things are produced in this way.
- The strongest hurricane hit the East Coast of the United States in 29 years! Looking at Hurricane Florence from space