A simple high school experiment reveals an incredibly false world2019-02-09 09:18:24 21 ℃
As one of the top ten classical physics experiments in the world, the double slit experiment has caused many physicists and scientists a lot of headaches. The double-slit experiment is an optical experiment, but many people say that the light-slit experiment is actually horrible. It makes people doubt the phenomena that we see in the world. Next, let's see why the double-slit experiment is terrible. Let's go down together.
In quantum mechanics, the double-slit experiment is an experiment that demonstrates the fluctuation and particle properties of photons or electrons and other micro-objects. Double-slit experiment is a kind of "double-path experiment". In this broader experiment, microscopic objects can reach the final point from the initial point through two paths at the same time or through any of them.
Two-slit interference experiment: Light consists of photons. If a candle is placed in front of a paper with a small hole, a paper is placed behind it, and two vertical seams are opened on the back of the paper. With the light source of the candle, the light will be projected onto the screen behind the second sheet of paper, so that we can understand that there will be two light stripes on the screen, but there are a series of light stripes alternating with shade on the screen. This is the double slit interference fringes discovered by scientists. Light has interference phenomenon. It also proves that light has wave-particle duality, but this need not be ignored.
So scientists want to observe this phenomenon carefully, using a scientific device to observe at the micro level, to observe how photons interfere between the two slits. A magical thing happened. When we observed it carefully with scientific equipment, the interference of light disappeared and became our understanding. There were only two vertical lights, and several bright and dark stripes disappeared.
Scientists installed particle detectors in front of double slits to see which slit a single electron actually passed through, and the bright and dark stripes disappeared on the screen. That is to say, the single electron emitted did not pass through both slits at the same time, but only through one of them, which indicates that the electron was penetrated in the form of a particle at this time. After double slits, the particles hit the screen one by one to form a long light pattern.
and when the scientist withdraws the detector without observing which slit the particle moves through, the bright and dark lines appear again on the screen! At this time, an electron passes through two slits at the same time, which indicates that the observation of the electron will affect the state of the electron. Whether the electron is a particle or a wave depends on the observation of the outside world!
The bizarre phenomenon of
seems to be that electrons are living, that when discovered, they become particle states, that when not discovered, they become wave states secretly, totally subverting cognition. When a single photon passes through the baffle and opens the detector instantaneously, it has become a fact that a single photon passes through two slits. When we observe its motion path, we find that it only passes through one slit, and then the interference fringes disappear, leaving only one bright spot, which is equivalent to reversing the causality. In the world of quantum mechanics, what you are doing now can change what has happened in history.
Guess you like
- 2019-01-31Does the Moon have water? The answer has been revealed, Chang'e No. 4 will tell you.
- 2018-12-04The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket puts 64 satellites into orbit, and the rocket is the third to be reused.
- 2018-11-16"Artificial Sun" was born in China, the electronic temperature is as high as 100 million degrees, and Americans are the enemy.
- 2018-11-13The advantages of dark chocolate are quite a lot, but be careful not to eat with calcium-containing foods!
- 2018-11-13Self-assembled protein
- 2018-10-24Black holes are all understood! Then do you know what a white hole is?
- 2018-09-19What to eat determines what you want
- 2018-08-29A lightning bolt in the sky, how much electricity? The answer you can't think of
- 2018-08-19It’s coming, the Arctic permafrost is “suddenly thawed” and is expected to double by 2050.
- 2018-08-04unsolved puzzle! Why does the stone move by itself? Troubled by many scientists
- The terrible nature makes the body cool.
- NASA's New Mission: Exploring the Origin of the Universe
- There is a new explanation for this kind of landform on Earth and Mars.
- Crossing the boundary of hybrid animals
- 70% probability! US NOAA authority forecast: El Nino or upcoming in autumn and winter
- There is no dry firewood seal, as long as there is a bed in the heart, wherever you can sleep, the leopard is cool...
- 20 moving pictures with feelings: these familiar things are produced in this way.
- The strongest hurricane hit the East Coast of the United States in 29 years! Looking at Hurricane Florence from space
- British supermarket pork detected deadly mutant bacteria, only because of the use of antibiotics that have been banned for two years in China
- Another creature is facing extinction! The last "land" of the Adelie penguin may be reduced by 50% in 10 years.