NASA's New Mission: Exploring the Origin of the Universe2019-02-18 18:32:57 44 ℃
Beijing, February 17, Science and Technology Daily (Reporter Liu Xia) According to a recent report on the official website of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), the agency plans to launch the "Space History, Reionization Epoch Spectrometer and Ice Explorer" (SPHEREx) in 2023. This space mission to study the origin of the universe will help astronomers understand the evolution of the universe and whether the components of life are ubiquitous in our galactic planetary system.
SPHEREx mission will be launched in 2023, which will help astronomers to understand how the universe evolved and whether life components in the Milky Way planets are common. Photo Source: NASA's official website
learns that the new mission is planned for two years at a cost of $242 million (excluding launch costs). NASA Director Jim Bridenstine said: "I am very excited about this new mission, which will help us further reveal the mysteries of the universe."
SPHEREx will use technology adapted from Earth satellites and Mars spacecraft to conduct optical and near-infrared surveys of the entire sky every six months. Although the human eye can not see near infrared light, it can be used as a powerful tool to study cosmic problems. SPHEREx will use 96 different color bands to map the whole sky, so the color resolution of the new map is much higher than that of the previous all-sky map. Researchers will use the mission to collect data on more than 300 million galaxies and more than 100 million stars in the Milky Way. In addition, the mission will look for water and organic molecules, which we know are essential for life. It will also identify more detailed research targets for future missions, such as NASA's James Weber Space Telescope and the Wide Field Infrared Survey Telescope. "This amazing mission will be a unique data repository for astronomers," said Thomas Zobqin, deputy director of NASA's Science Mission Council. It will provide an unprecedented map of the Milky Way, containing the'fingerprints'of the first moments of cosmic history. We're going to get one of the greatest mysteries of Science - new clues about what makes the universe expand rapidly in less than a nanosecond after the Big Bang.p>NASA's Astrophysical Explorer Program submitted proposals for a new mission in September 2016. The Explorer Program is NASA's oldest continuity program, designed to provide frequent, low-cost space access. Starting with Explorer 1 in 1958, the project has launched more than 90 missions, among which the Universal Background Explorer was launched in 1989 and eventually won a Nobel Prize. <<
Guess you like
- 2019-03-01Five big "deviation" inventions make you stunned...
- 2019-01-31Does the Moon have water? The answer has been revealed, Chang'e No. 4 will tell you.
- 2018-12-04The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket puts 64 satellites into orbit, and the rocket is the third to be reused.
- 2018-11-16"Artificial Sun" was born in China, the electronic temperature is as high as 100 million degrees, and Americans are the enemy.
- 2018-11-13The advantages of dark chocolate are quite a lot, but be careful not to eat with calcium-containing foods!
- 2018-11-13Self-assembled protein
- 2018-10-24Black holes are all understood! Then do you know what a white hole is?
- 2018-09-19What to eat determines what you want
- 2018-08-29A lightning bolt in the sky, how much electricity? The answer you can't think of
- 2018-08-19It’s coming, the Arctic permafrost is “suddenly thawed” and is expected to double by 2050.
- The terrible nature makes the body cool.
- NASA's New Mission: Exploring the Origin of the Universe
- There is a new explanation for this kind of landform on Earth and Mars.
- Crossing the boundary of hybrid animals
- 70% probability! US NOAA authority forecast: El Nino or upcoming in autumn and winter
- There is no dry firewood seal, as long as there is a bed in the heart, wherever you can sleep, the leopard is cool...
- 20 moving pictures with feelings: these familiar things are produced in this way.
- The strongest hurricane hit the East Coast of the United States in 29 years! Looking at Hurricane Florence from space
- British supermarket pork detected deadly mutant bacteria, only because of the use of antibiotics that have been banned for two years in China
- Another creature is facing extinction! The last "land" of the Adelie penguin may be reduced by 50% in 10 years.