How fragile is the earth? What happens if only a small neutron star collides with the Earth?2019-03-01 15:47:33 127 ℃
To know that the matter of neutron stars is not what you want to get. The formation of neutron stars does not need me to say much, that is, the end of the evolution of stars, resulting in collapse. Great gravity destroys even atoms, so the whole planet is made up of neutrons!
The problem arises when
neutron stars are made up of neutrons and the state can be maintained because of the great gravitational attraction of neutron stars. That is to say, if we want to extract neutron star materials, we should at least ensure that there is a great gravitational attraction at all times, but human technology can not do this at all.
No matter how many volumes of neutron star matter can not be brought to Earth, not only because of its mass, but also because it will become a free neutron after losing the ultrahigh pressure environment of neutron star, it will decay into a proton in about 15 minutes, and release an electron and an antineutrino, i.e. beta decay, but more lethal is in the ultrahigh pressure environment of neutron star. There will be a 0.15% mass loss in this process, and follow the energy release process of E = mc!
Let's do a simple calculation of the mass of a neutron star mass of 1 cubic centimeter, and then see how serious the problem is! The mass density of neutron stars is about 8 ^ 14 ~ 10 ^ 15 grams per cubic centimeter, and we take the value of 8 ^ 10 ^ 11 kg< p > so the mass loss of 0.15% is: 1200 000 000 000 KG or about 1.2 million tons < p > How many joules are there after E = mc? E=1078506214488116800000000J Contract: 1.08*10^26J
Gravitational binding energy of the earth: 2.45X10^32J
It seems that it can't blow up the earth, but it's absolutely no problem to open the earth's stomach!
Simply put, after it was released from the earth, we spent 15 minutes on the earth!
If a small piece of neutron star material collides with the Earth, the damage will be devastating to the Earth. Typically, dozens of tons of meteorites can leave a crater several kilometers across the Earth's surface. Even if the matter of a neutron star is only one cubic centimeter in size. So its quality is close to 2 billion tons! The collision of this heavy material with the earth is likely to "smash" the earth directly and disintegrate the earth directly from the inside.
Of course, in fact, neutron star matter cannot exist without neutron star itself. Because there is no binding force of gravity, once the neutron star material is separated from the neutron star, a huge explosion will occur immediately. If the neutron star material of 1 cubic centimeter explodes on the earth, it would be equivalent to detonating tens of thousands of nuclear bombs at the same time. If the destructive power could not destroy the whole earth, it could destroy all human beings at least.
Of course, this is only the energy released after 15 minutes! In 0-15 minutes, what happens is more interesting, because the material of 1 cubic centimeter is more than 100 million tons. Its gravitation will cause the surrounding material to close to it, and the surface can not support its huge mass at all. It will gradually collapse downward, but not fast, because the encapsulated material is also reducing its density! But eventually the crust will be fractured and magma will erupt thin! But what's more interesting is that the neutron star material is a soft landing, which will wrap up a lot of air and become a balloon landing on Earth! The rest of the results are almost the same! ___________ Either way, obviously there will not be a good result. There are millions of ways to destroy the earth, but please don't be neutron stars.
Guess you like
- 2019-03-01Five big "deviation" inventions make you stunned...
- 2019-01-31Does the Moon have water? The answer has been revealed, Chang'e No. 4 will tell you.
- 2018-12-04The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket puts 64 satellites into orbit, and the rocket is the third to be reused.
- 2018-11-16"Artificial Sun" was born in China, the electronic temperature is as high as 100 million degrees, and Americans are the enemy.
- 2018-11-13The advantages of dark chocolate are quite a lot, but be careful not to eat with calcium-containing foods!
- 2018-11-13Self-assembled protein
- 2018-10-24Black holes are all understood! Then do you know what a white hole is?
- 2018-09-19What to eat determines what you want
- 2018-08-29A lightning bolt in the sky, how much electricity? The answer you can't think of
- 2018-08-19It’s coming, the Arctic permafrost is “suddenly thawed” and is expected to double by 2050.
- Is the water in the Mariana Trench 10,000 meters deep still liquid? What's the temperature?
- Are pineapples or pineapples sold all over the street? It's a big difference. I finally got it today.
- It has been sealed underground by human beings for 100,000 years. Even if the world is destroyed, it can not be opened.
- The terrible nature makes the body cool.
- NASA's New Mission: Exploring the Origin of the Universe
- There is a new explanation for this kind of landform on Earth and Mars.
- Crossing the boundary of hybrid animals
- 70% probability! US NOAA authority forecast: El Nino or upcoming in autumn and winter
- There is no dry firewood seal, as long as there is a bed in the heart, wherever you can sleep, the leopard is cool...
- 20 moving pictures with feelings: these familiar things are produced in this way.