The world's first color photo of dinosaurs was created in Dalian2019-03-01 15:47:33 72 ℃
The world's first color photo of dinosaurs was created at the Xinghai Paleontological and Fossil Museum in Dalian a few days ago. The "camera" is the most advanced micro-focusing fluorescence spectrometer M6 JETSTREAMXRF in the world. It is the only Teng Carnival fossil in the world.
This is the first time in the world that a large-scale spectroscopic instrument has been used to carry out an omni-directional stereoscopic scanning study of dinosaur fossils, and the first high-precision elemental species and distribution map of dinosaur fossils have been obtained. It is also the first time to combine X-ray spectroscopy, electron microscopy and synchrotron radiation to study dinosaur fossils in a multi-scale and multi-parameter way, so as to obtain information on the structure and composition of dinosaur fossils at micro and nano scales. This exploration will be of great significance to the scientific research in the field of paleontology. The Jehol biota in Western Liaoning contains a large number of exquisitely preserved dinosaur and bird fossils, known as "world-class fossil treasure house, Pompeii City of Mesozoic". Over the past 30 years, Chinese scientists have discovered a large number of feathered dinosaurs and bird fossils in the Jehol biota, which provides a possibility to solve the major scientific problem of the evolution of dinosaurs into birds.
Teng's Carnival Hualong fossil is one of the most representative dinosaur fossils discovered from the Jehol biota in Western Liaoning Province in recent years. Collected by Xinghai Paleontological Fossil Museum, Dalian. The discovery of Teng's Carnival Warriors supports the hypothesis of "four-wing stage" in the origin of power flight, provides a new viewpoint on the evolutionary law of modern bird origin, and also indicates that in the evolutionary process from bird-like dinosaurs to modern birds, it may have experienced more possibilities than previously suspected. Micro-focus fluorescence spectrometer M6 JETSTREAMXRF has played an important role in the identification and analysis of art treasures at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in the United States and the National Museum of Amsterdam in the Netherlands, but it is the first time that dinosaur fossils have been scanned internationally. The theme of the research project is "Opening up the dust-sealed fossil treasure house and solving the riddle of dinosaur flight". The research has attracted the attention of many scientists at home and abroad, and has also been strongly supported by the National Committee of Paleontological and Fossil Experts. An expert team consisting of Xu Xing, a researcher at the Institute of Vertebrate Paleontology and Paleoanthropology of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Li Jinhua, a researcher at the Institute of Geology and Geophysics of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Teng Fangfang, curator of the Xinghai Paleontological Fossil Museum of Dalian, and Dr. Roald Tagle, German Academy of Applied Sciences, will work together to explore the mystery of Teng It is reported that after completing the fluorescence spectrum with M6 JETSTREAM XRF and obtaining the overall element distribution map of the fossil, scientists will use micro-drilling technology, micro-cutting technology and micro-damage sampling for several important parts. The sample will be sent to the Institute of Geology and Geophysics of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Canadian Synchrotron Radiation Center for systematic and in-depth microscopic and microscopic spectroscopic analysis. The skeleton, feather structure and composition of eight important dinosaur and early bird fossils, including Teng's Carnival, as well as the structure and composition of fossil buried surrounding rocks, were studied in depth and systematically. Teng Fangfang, curator of the Xinghai Paleontological Fossil Museum in Dalian, said that this research project will break through traditional research methods and become an innovative means to explore the evolution of dinosaurs to birds, open up the dust-sealed fossil treasure house and solve the mystery of dinosaur flight, visualize the whole research process, promote the public to understand deeply the scientific principles of fossils and fossil deposits, and ultimately protect and preserve them. Fossil protection. <<<<<
Guess you like
- 2019-03-01Five big "deviation" inventions make you stunned...
- 2019-01-31Does the Moon have water? The answer has been revealed, Chang'e No. 4 will tell you.
- 2018-12-04The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket puts 64 satellites into orbit, and the rocket is the third to be reused.
- 2018-11-16"Artificial Sun" was born in China, the electronic temperature is as high as 100 million degrees, and Americans are the enemy.
- 2018-11-13The advantages of dark chocolate are quite a lot, but be careful not to eat with calcium-containing foods!
- 2018-11-13Self-assembled protein
- 2018-10-24Black holes are all understood! Then do you know what a white hole is?
- 2018-09-19What to eat determines what you want
- 2018-08-29A lightning bolt in the sky, how much electricity? The answer you can't think of
- 2018-08-19It’s coming, the Arctic permafrost is “suddenly thawed” and is expected to double by 2050.
- Is the water in the Mariana Trench 10,000 meters deep still liquid? What's the temperature?
- Are pineapples or pineapples sold all over the street? It's a big difference. I finally got it today.
- It has been sealed underground by human beings for 100,000 years. Even if the world is destroyed, it can not be opened.
- The terrible nature makes the body cool.
- NASA's New Mission: Exploring the Origin of the Universe
- There is a new explanation for this kind of landform on Earth and Mars.
- Crossing the boundary of hybrid animals
- 70% probability! US NOAA authority forecast: El Nino or upcoming in autumn and winter
- There is no dry firewood seal, as long as there is a bed in the heart, wherever you can sleep, the leopard is cool...
- 20 moving pictures with feelings: these familiar things are produced in this way.