The study again found that "it" may play a role in preventing depression and is closely related to life.2019-03-01 15:47:36 18 ℃
Photo Source: Network
We know that depression is to some extent the result of our genes. A considerable number of studies have shown that if one or both parents suffer from depression, the child's risk of depression doubles or even quadruples the average risk.
Although these studies strongly suggest that genes are a factor in depression, some children whose parents are depressed do not suffer from depression, and others whose families have no history of depression also suffer from depression. This suggests that depression is also influenced by factors other than genes, and a person's world outlook may be one of them. Among adults at high risk of depression in their families,
strong religious beliefs, such as going to church or other pious behaviours, seem to have protective effects against the recurrence of depression in some patients. A 2005 study supported this conclusion, which found that religious beliefs can help alleviate depression in people with poor health. In addition, a 2013 study found that people who believe in God are better at treating mental health problems. The latest study used diffusion tensor imaging (DTI), a neuroimaging technique based on magnetic resonance imaging (NMR), to visualize white matter in the brains of 99 participants at varying degrees of family genetic depression risk. White matter is the area where nerve fibers congregate in the brain. Because its area is lighter than the surface layer of the brain where cells congregate, it is called white matter, which contains the nerve circuits needed by brain cells to communicate with each other. Previous studies have shown that thinning of white matter may be a biomarker of cerebral depression. Interestingly, a 2014 study found that religion and spiritual beliefs were associated with thicker cortex areas of the brain associated with depression. The findings of the new study further support the correlation between religious beliefs and depression prevention. Researchers found that the brains of people with high family genetic depression risk but also strong religious or spiritual beliefs were similar to those of people with low family genetic depression risk. The authors of the study concluded: "We found that emphasis on religious or spiritual beliefs was associated with bilateral parietal and occipital cortex thickening. The thinning of cortex in these areas is a biomarker of depression. We suspect that cortical thickening in people who claim to be important in religion or spiritual belief may be a mechanism of compensation or protection for the brain.
Although the link between religion and brain change is interesting, it is still in the hypothetical stage. Before we can determine the impact of religion on white matter, this and many other studies need to be replicated, validated and extended over a larger time span.References
Lieb, Roselind.Parental Major Depression and the Risk of Depression and Other Mental Disorders in Offspring. JAMA, American Medical Association, 1 Apr.2002, jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry/fullarticle/206187.Religiosity and Major Depression in High Risk: Adult A:- Year Prospective Research. " Psychiatry Online> 12 Jan. 2012, ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/10.1176/appi.ajp.2011.10121823.
wink, paul."Religion Moderator of the Depression-Health Connection: Findings From a Longitudinal Study. " Journal of Research in Crime and DelinCrime , Marquenc. 2005, journals.gesageb.com/gegeb.com/10/pugeb.com/absdodododob.com/10/absgegegeb.10/10 The results of this study are as follows:1. 1177/0164027504270483.
Miller, Lisa. "Religiosity and Spirituality Correlates."JAMA, American Association, 1 Feb. 2014, jamanetwork.com/journals/japsychiatry/fullarity/1792140.section of the author Strong>
1, Global Development Status of Brain Science and Neuroscience
Guess you like
- 2019-03-01Five big "deviation" inventions make you stunned...
- 2019-01-31Does the Moon have water? The answer has been revealed, Chang'e No. 4 will tell you.
- 2018-12-04The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket puts 64 satellites into orbit, and the rocket is the third to be reused.
- 2018-11-16"Artificial Sun" was born in China, the electronic temperature is as high as 100 million degrees, and Americans are the enemy.
- 2018-11-13The advantages of dark chocolate are quite a lot, but be careful not to eat with calcium-containing foods!
- 2018-11-13Self-assembled protein
- 2018-10-24Black holes are all understood! Then do you know what a white hole is?
- 2018-09-19What to eat determines what you want
- 2018-08-29A lightning bolt in the sky, how much electricity? The answer you can't think of
- 2018-08-19It’s coming, the Arctic permafrost is “suddenly thawed” and is expected to double by 2050.
- The terrible nature makes the body cool.
- NASA's New Mission: Exploring the Origin of the Universe
- There is a new explanation for this kind of landform on Earth and Mars.
- Crossing the boundary of hybrid animals
- 70% probability! US NOAA authority forecast: El Nino or upcoming in autumn and winter
- There is no dry firewood seal, as long as there is a bed in the heart, wherever you can sleep, the leopard is cool...
- 20 moving pictures with feelings: these familiar things are produced in this way.
- The strongest hurricane hit the East Coast of the United States in 29 years! Looking at Hurricane Florence from space
- British supermarket pork detected deadly mutant bacteria, only because of the use of antibiotics that have been banned for two years in China
- Another creature is facing extinction! The last "land" of the Adelie penguin may be reduced by 50% in 10 years.