What tree is so special? Men were sentenced to 3 years'imprisonment of 2,000 yuan for picking 3 privately, and 30 additional plants were needed.2019-04-01 11:25:51 89 ℃
In order to beautify the courtyard, a man in Lueyang County, Hanzhong City, Shaanxi Province, in the absence of a collection certificate, excavated three trees from other villagers'self-retaining mountains, two of which survived, and one young tree was washed away by the flood. As a result, not only 30 plants were replanted, but also they were sentenced to three years'imprisonment, three years' probation and a fine of 2,000 yuan. How serious is the consequence of digging three trees privately?
What the man dug was not a common plant, but a key protected plant at the national level, Taxus chinensis. Taxus is a Tertiary relic plant, known as the "living fossil" and "plant giant panda" in the plant kingdom. It has a history of 2.5 million years on Earth. As a rare and endangered natural anti-cancer plant, Taxus chinensis grows slowly and regenerates poorly under natural conditions. In 1994, Taxus chinensis was designated as the first-class rare and endangered protected plant in China. At the same time, it was called "national treasure" by 42 countries with Taxus chinensis in the world. The United Nations explicitly prohibited logging. Is Taxus
very common and has a high probability of misuse? How about the survival and protection of Taxus chinensis at present?
"Taxus belongs to the first-class key protected plants listed in the List of China's National Key Protected Wild Plants. Taxus in China includes five species: Northeast Taxus, Yunnan Taxus, Tibetan Taxus, Chinese Taxus and South Taxus, all of which belong to the first-class key protected plants." Li Bin, an associate researcher at the Forestry Research Institute of the Chinese Academy of Forestry Sciences, said in an interview with the Sci-tech Daily, "In China, wild Taxus chinensis belongs to the first-class protection, but cultivated Taxus chinensis does not belong to the protection".
Taxus Mandiyaensis is a hybrid cultivar cultivated artificially. Its female parent is Taxus cuspidata, and its male parent is Taxus cuspidata. It has a long history in the United States and Canada. In 1996, the State Forestry Administration introduced it from Canada, and now it has been planted in many provinces of China.
Li Bin stressed that the state attaches great importance to the protection of taxus. "There are fewer wild yew trees in our country, which were destroyed too much in the past. Especially after the discovery that taxol can be extracted from Taxus chinensis, the economic value of Taxus chinensis has greatly increased. Some criminals intentionally dig and steal taxus, and even peel it, resulting in large-scale death of wild Taxus chinensis.
Studies in the 1990s found that taxol existed in the roots, stems, leaves, barks and fruits of Taxus chinensis, with the highest content in bark. Paclitaxel was sold for $1,000 a gram at the highest price because of its special efficacy in treating breast and ovarian cancer. However, for Taxus chinensis, this medicinal value brings about the "disaster of extinction". According to the data of
in the early 1990s, 80% of the wild Taxus in China were concentrated in Yunnan, and there were about 5 million Taxus plants in Yunnan Province. In addition, a part of the surrounding provinces and cities accounted for 50% of the world's Taxus resources. After the medicinal value of taxol was determined, in April 2002, Yunnan Forestry Public Security organized a sampling survey. It was concluded that 92.5% of the original forests in Lijiang and Diqing of Yunnan were cut down or peeled, and the precursors of taxol were flowed abroad on a large scale. Taxol content was only 0.01-0.02% in Taxus
. From September 1999 to November 2001, Kunming-based Hand Company produced 111 kg of paclitaxel with purity over 98%, most of which were exported to the United States. Experts have calculated that just over 100 kilograms of paclitaxel means that 300,000 to 600,000 wild Taxus trees have been stripped of their bark. Another nightmare of Taxus is that Taxus has become a new favorite in furniture and woodcarving market because it is a superior wood, which is not rotten when exposed to water and has natural fragrance. According to the current situation analysis and Protection Countermeasures of Taxus chinensis var. mairei in Jiangxi Province published in Jiangxi Science, Taxus chinensis belongs to the category of Taxus chinensis var. mairei. According to incomplete statistics, from 2006 to 2013, the number of illegal felling of Taxus chinensis in Jiangxi Province showed an upward trend. The illegal felling mainly occurred in 23 counties (cities) of 7 cities (districts). The total number of illegal felling Taxus chinensis trees was 560, many of which were transported to the southern region for centuries to make root carved tea tables, Guanyin statues, goddess of wealth and so on.
In fact, where there is a Taxus community, it is generally surrounded by mountains, surrounded by trees of other species, shading Taxus, so that it is not disturbed by wind and rain. Qian Hua, a researcher at Zhejiang Forestry Research Institute, said that Taxus can't form a yew forest independently. It usually forms a mixed forest under other trees and coniferous forests. Consequently, the protection should be "zoned protection", and all the trees around it should be protected. "It is not good to protect a few yew trees by light". Why is wild Taxus chinensis listed as an endangered species? That means it's almost gone. Cut one tree and you'll lose one. Zheng Jian, an associate researcher of Jiangxi Academy of Sciences, said that for researchers, there is an urgent need to make a thorough investigation of the wild Taxus population in China; for the protection of taxus, the government's investment is pure, and there is not much economic return. "If someone does this, they need to pay human and material costs. At the policy level, they should give some ecological compensation. Only in this way can people be willing to afforest and form a virtuous circle of Taxus protection and breeding. Such an institutional mechanism can be applied not only to taxus, but also to the protection of all wild animals and plants. < p > < p > Audit: Bruce Wang < / P > < p >
Guess you like
- 2019-03-01Five big "deviation" inventions make you stunned...
- 2019-01-31Does the Moon have water? The answer has been revealed, Chang'e No. 4 will tell you.
- 2018-12-04The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket puts 64 satellites into orbit, and the rocket is the third to be reused.
- 2018-11-16"Artificial Sun" was born in China, the electronic temperature is as high as 100 million degrees, and Americans are the enemy.
- 2018-11-13The advantages of dark chocolate are quite a lot, but be careful not to eat with calcium-containing foods!
- 2018-11-13Self-assembled protein
- 2018-10-24Black holes are all understood! Then do you know what a white hole is?
- 2018-09-19What to eat determines what you want
- 2018-08-29A lightning bolt in the sky, how much electricity? The answer you can't think of
- Is the water in the Mariana Trench 10,000 meters deep still liquid? What's the temperature?
- Are pineapples or pineapples sold all over the street? It's a big difference. I finally got it today.
- It has been sealed underground by human beings for 100,000 years. Even if the world is destroyed, it can not be opened.
- The terrible nature makes the body cool.
- NASA's New Mission: Exploring the Origin of the Universe
- There is a new explanation for this kind of landform on Earth and Mars.
- Crossing the boundary of hybrid animals
- 70% probability! US NOAA authority forecast: El Nino or upcoming in autumn and winter
- There is no dry firewood seal, as long as there is a bed in the heart, wherever you can sleep, the leopard is cool...
- 20 moving pictures with feelings: these familiar things are produced in this way.