In 48 hours, the world's largest oil reserve is likely to default!2017-10-26 18:33:19 468 ℃
According to foreign media Zerohedge reports, Venezuela default has entered the countdown". As of last weekend, Venezuela failed to repay the debt of $237 million, had also failed to pay in the earlier this month due to the $350 million debt interest, which makes the total outstanding debt of $587 million.
Venezuela is the world's largest crude oil reserves country. In 2014, oil prices plummeted from $100 / barrel to $30 per barrel, which led to Venezuela's "debt taking" life, and the bond market generally believed that Venezuela would face a debt default.
Venezuela's maturing debt, data sheet source Peng Bo
Merrill Lynch sovereign debt analyst Jane Brauer said:
"With the delay of coupon payments, the possibility of Venezuela's short-term default will increase significantly. The $842 million debt owed by the Venezuelan oil company (PDVSA) will expire on Friday, and there is likely to be a default.
The payment is not typical bond repayment, without an additional 30 day grace period. The $1 billion 100 million debt due in November 2nd has no 30 day grace period. "
Brauer said that in the past, Venezuela's debt repayment has been in a similar state of uncertainty, before the payment of huge debt, bond prices plummeted.
Venezuela has shown that debt repayment is a challenge, as well as redefining the concept of "on time" payment, which means that "payment on time" means "at the end of the grace period"".
Now, the latest debt maturity date is this Friday, which means that in less than 48 hours, unless Venezuela can repay $842 million, it will face a breach of contract.
Guess you like
- 2018-05-03Li Dazhao: Significant signs of rescue in the main market A shares will enter a new stage of development
- 2018-04-30With immediate effect, foreign investors can control domestic securities companies, and joint venture securities companies can loose their licenses! The wolf is coming? not necessarily
- 2018-04-29National Development and Reform Commission: Domestic refined oil prices have been adjusted downward due to the adjustment of VAT rates
- 2018-04-27Tax-deferred endowment insurance can enjoy triple tax benefits. We don't know if it's a big loss!
- 2018-04-27Strong stocks fell, medical stocks became the biggest winners, and billions of main funds continued to flee this sector!
- 2018-04-27The central bank's interpretation of the new regulations on asset management: What are the measures for regulatory coordination? How to implement the old and new demarcation?
- 2018-04-27Gree to determine the mid-term dividend! There is also a conference call to disclose the annual report without red
- 2018-04-25The first in the country! This city pushed the strongest recruiting maneuver: send 50% of the housing property rights
- 2018-04-25Oil prices "three consecutive up" few suspense 51 travel costs will increase
- 2018-04-16A shares are "super market"! Hainan plate 70% stocks rise and down, start to "eat meat"?
- Three delisting stocks in one week, involving 270,000 investors! Who stepped on the thunder? Trading?
- The relevant company can apply for the issuance of CDR soon after one month
- Zhejiang Dunan now has a debt crisis of 45 billion yuan.
- Central Bank: RMB qualified investors must not remit funds overseas to purchase foreign exchange when they carry out overseas investment
- The end of the era of currency excesses! Wealth creation model will change dramatically
- National Development and Reform Commission: Domestic refined oil prices have been adjusted downward due to the adjustment of VAT rates
- Securities Regulatory Commission: Allowing Foreign-Controlled Joint Venture Securities Companies
- Asset management rules come! Moneybags for everyone
- Asset management rules come! These five focuses deserve attention
- There are new actions involving 500 million old-age pensioners, 306.6 billion yuan to start investing! Has sneaked into 11 listed companies