Listed seventh trading days, interest shops U.S. stocks \ "break \""! Fell sharply by 13.6%2017-10-27 11:53:23 460 ℃
The U.S. stock market closed on Thursday, with the Dow and the S & P 500 index rising, while a group of companies that had been doing well had limited growth, because the NASDAQ index was dragged down by lower health care stocks.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 71.40 points, or 0.31%, to 23400.86 points; the S & P 500 index closed up 3.25 points, or 0.127%, to 2560.40 points; the NASDAQ index fell 7.117 points, or 0.11%, to 6556.774 points.
Dow DuPont rose 2.8% to boost the S & P 500 index. With the first release performance in the next week, the company expects third quarter profits far higher than analysts estimated.
Super-fast push up 18.5%, after the company said, probably in the fourth quarter for the first time to achieve profitability, helped by cost cuts and new revenue sources.
Health care stocks fell 1.03%, the stock index rose more limited, the new base by 16.4% led to the S & P 500 and the NASDAQ index has the biggest drag.
Shares in China
New York Mellon Bank China ADR index fell 0.6%.
Interest store listed on the seventh day break, fell 13.6% to 22.80 U.S. dollars, the highest intraday decline of 13.9%, previously listed in the second trading day reached a high of $34.9.
Thunder rose 12.4%, trading volume increased to nearly 7 times the average daily level of 3 months, the stock price rose to the highest level since 2015 November, the stock price nearly doubled like two weeks.
Hai Liang education rose 9.1%, continue to refresh the all-time high, the highest intraday rise of 13.7%, the stock price soared more than two times in less than three months.
New Oriental fell 7%, the biggest decline since June 2017, fell 10% in two days.
Baidu fell 0.9%, after the announcement of the performance, the fourth quarter revenue forecast is lower than the market expectations, resulting in after the performance of the shares, the stock price fell by 12.2%.
[summary] overnight news
The European Central Bank Bonds: re investment will be flexible and timely manner
The European Central Bank is expected to slow down the pace of debt purchases
World Bank: commodities market is not expected to have a big adjustment next year
Wall Street Journal: GE is said to explore alternative options for exiting rail services
The US House of Representatives passed the budget to pave the way for a tax reform bill next week
Nike NKE (Nike Inc.) said that in the next few years, it will change the way to cooperate with retailers, focusing on dozens of retailers, while the company in response to the challenges facing the sports equipment market. Nike executives to investors Wednesday show that the company is more direct to consumers through the shop plan, from a long time through change the mode of sporting goods stores and other traditional retailers. Due to the increasingly fierce competition in the market, some chain retailers have closed down, Nike is looking for new partners such as Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN), and trying new sales channels, such as Instagram, such as.
Radical investor Blackwells Capital pressuring Supervalu to change
Supervalu Inc. (SVU), a food wholesaler and retailer, faces pressure from a radical investor because it is difficult to reverse the fall in share prices for many years. "The Wall Street journal" (The Wall Street Journal) a letter to see the show, offbeat investment fund, Supervalu Blackwells Capital LLC, one of the top 10 shareholders put forward a number of requirements, including the sale of dozens of stores and restructuring leadership etc..
NOKIA's third quarter net loss widened due to weak Internet market
Kobe steel tube industry standard Japan lost part
Kobe steel (Kobe Steel, Ltd., KBSTY) said Thursday that the company has lost the brass part of Japan industry standard certification, which shows the company's data tampering scandal of the Japanese manufacturing industry reputation serious blow. The company's copper plant, located in the west of Tokyo, was investigated by the quality watchdog last week because of violations of Japan's industry standards.
Pfizer launched a consumer health subsidiary auction in November
(Reuters) Wednesday night, Reuters quoted informed sources, Pfizer Inc (Pfizer Inc., PFE, referred to as Pfizer Inc) will start in November's consumer healthcare subsidiary in the auction process, the company hopes to sell the company for $15 billion. Companies such as Glaxosmithkline PLC (GSK) and Reckitt Benckiser PLC (RB.LN) have expressed their concern for participating in the bidding. A person familiar with the matter told Reuters that Pfizer Inc had started preliminary negotiations with Li jie. Other potential bidders may include Procter &, Gamble Co., PG, Senofi group (Sanofi, SNY), Johnson (Johnson &, Johnson, JNJ) and Nestle SA, according to people familiar with the matter.
SAP voluntary disclosure of potential misconduct related to the Gupta family in the South African community
The German software developer SAP SE (SAP), found within the company to a controversial Gupta and South Africa (Gupta) family related companies to pay 94 million rand ($6 million 600 thousand), to ensure access to the country and state-owned enterprise contract, and has conducted the report thereon to the U.S. government. The Gupta family is now mired in corruption scandals in South Africa, and the family is accused of using personal ties with Jacob Zuma to accumulate personal wealth. The Gupta family and Zuma have denied wrongdoing.
Southwest Airlines third quarter profit than expected, slightly lower than expected income
Southwest Airlines (Southwest Airlines, Co., LUV) Thursday announced fiscal third quarter net profit of $503 million, or 84 cents per share; compared with the same period last year net profit of $388 million, or 62 cents a share. Adjusted for non recurring items, earnings per share were 88 cents, better than the average 87 cents expected by analysts surveyed by FactSet. Revenues increased from $5 billion 140 million to $5 billion 270 million in the same period last year, but slightly lower than the average expected FactSet of $5 billion 300 million. Transport rate from 85.3% to 84.8%, due to transport capacity growth of 3.1%, exceeding the increase of 2.5% of passenger traffic. Revenue per seat miles decreased by 0.5%. Hurricane Harvey and IRMA caused 5000 flights canceled, thus reducing the income of $100 million.
Guess you like
- 2018-09-25FTSE Russell announced at 7:30 on the 27th whether it will be included in the A-share market. The SSE will hold a press conference.
- 2018-09-24China publishes "White Paper on China-US Economic and Trade Frictions and China's Position"
- 2018-09-24Dario and others tell you that most of the charges on Wall Street are IQ tax.
- 2018-09-21The Dow opened more than 150 points and stood at 25,000 points.
- 2018-09-20Will housing prices rise or fall in the next five years?
- 2018-09-18Should I give pensions to the elderly over 60 years old in rural areas? Can you afford it?
- 2018-09-17Two sections are approaching, the Ministry of Commerce speaks: actively expand consumption and promote consumption upgrade
- 2018-09-12Does the trade war affect US companies operating in China? Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Digital Cases
- 2018-09-09Alibaba confirmed: Ma Yun will announce the company's heritage plan next Monday
- 2018-09-08"Tax legal" speed up! Real estate tax law and other 11 tax laws appeared in the five-year legislative plan
- Zhongyu Information: International crude oil market is facing obstacles, domestic refined oil market is firm and rising
- Xi Jinping: Doubt and sing the thoughts and speeches of the state-owned enterprises are wrong.
- The two cities index retreated slightly, the Shanghai index fell 0.58%, and the agricultural stocks rose late.
- FTSE Russell announced at 7:30 on the 27th whether it will be included in the A-share market. The SSE will hold a press conference.
- Ofo want to close the door? At the headquarters, "people go to the building" is a mystery, and it is time to care about the deposit...
- Due to serious violations of the law, the former deputy minister of the Ministry of Finance, Zhang Shaochun, was opened
- Offshore RMB against the US dollar fell sharply and fell below the 6.89 mark
- What are the current stocks? Wei Lai, interesting headline plunged on Monday
- In August, 70 cities in China were released! Xiamen house prices only fell
- The China Securities Regulatory Commission issued two IPO approvals for enterprises. The total amount of financing is not more than 2.5 billion.