Listed seventh trading days, interest shops U.S. stocks \ "break \""! Fell sharply by 13.6%2017-10-27 11:53:23 429 ℃
The U.S. stock market closed on Thursday, with the Dow and the S & P 500 index rising, while a group of companies that had been doing well had limited growth, because the NASDAQ index was dragged down by lower health care stocks.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 71.40 points, or 0.31%, to 23400.86 points; the S & P 500 index closed up 3.25 points, or 0.127%, to 2560.40 points; the NASDAQ index fell 7.117 points, or 0.11%, to 6556.774 points.
Dow DuPont rose 2.8% to boost the S & P 500 index. With the first release performance in the next week, the company expects third quarter profits far higher than analysts estimated.
Super-fast push up 18.5%, after the company said, probably in the fourth quarter for the first time to achieve profitability, helped by cost cuts and new revenue sources.
Health care stocks fell 1.03%, the stock index rose more limited, the new base by 16.4% led to the S & P 500 and the NASDAQ index has the biggest drag.
Shares in China
New York Mellon Bank China ADR index fell 0.6%.
Interest store listed on the seventh day break, fell 13.6% to 22.80 U.S. dollars, the highest intraday decline of 13.9%, previously listed in the second trading day reached a high of $34.9.
Thunder rose 12.4%, trading volume increased to nearly 7 times the average daily level of 3 months, the stock price rose to the highest level since 2015 November, the stock price nearly doubled like two weeks.
Hai Liang education rose 9.1%, continue to refresh the all-time high, the highest intraday rise of 13.7%, the stock price soared more than two times in less than three months.
New Oriental fell 7%, the biggest decline since June 2017, fell 10% in two days.
Baidu fell 0.9%, after the announcement of the performance, the fourth quarter revenue forecast is lower than the market expectations, resulting in after the performance of the shares, the stock price fell by 12.2%.
[summary] overnight news
The European Central Bank Bonds: re investment will be flexible and timely manner
The European Central Bank is expected to slow down the pace of debt purchases
World Bank: commodities market is not expected to have a big adjustment next year
Wall Street Journal: GE is said to explore alternative options for exiting rail services
The US House of Representatives passed the budget to pave the way for a tax reform bill next week
Nike NKE (Nike Inc.) said that in the next few years, it will change the way to cooperate with retailers, focusing on dozens of retailers, while the company in response to the challenges facing the sports equipment market. Nike executives to investors Wednesday show that the company is more direct to consumers through the shop plan, from a long time through change the mode of sporting goods stores and other traditional retailers. Due to the increasingly fierce competition in the market, some chain retailers have closed down, Nike is looking for new partners such as Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN), and trying new sales channels, such as Instagram, such as.
Radical investor Blackwells Capital pressuring Supervalu to change
Supervalu Inc. (SVU), a food wholesaler and retailer, faces pressure from a radical investor because it is difficult to reverse the fall in share prices for many years. "The Wall Street journal" (The Wall Street Journal) a letter to see the show, offbeat investment fund, Supervalu Blackwells Capital LLC, one of the top 10 shareholders put forward a number of requirements, including the sale of dozens of stores and restructuring leadership etc..
NOKIA's third quarter net loss widened due to weak Internet market
Kobe steel tube industry standard Japan lost part
Kobe steel (Kobe Steel, Ltd., KBSTY) said Thursday that the company has lost the brass part of Japan industry standard certification, which shows the company's data tampering scandal of the Japanese manufacturing industry reputation serious blow. The company's copper plant, located in the west of Tokyo, was investigated by the quality watchdog last week because of violations of Japan's industry standards.
Pfizer launched a consumer health subsidiary auction in November
(Reuters) Wednesday night, Reuters quoted informed sources, Pfizer Inc (Pfizer Inc., PFE, referred to as Pfizer Inc) will start in November's consumer healthcare subsidiary in the auction process, the company hopes to sell the company for $15 billion. Companies such as Glaxosmithkline PLC (GSK) and Reckitt Benckiser PLC (RB.LN) have expressed their concern for participating in the bidding. A person familiar with the matter told Reuters that Pfizer Inc had started preliminary negotiations with Li jie. Other potential bidders may include Procter &, Gamble Co., PG, Senofi group (Sanofi, SNY), Johnson (Johnson &, Johnson, JNJ) and Nestle SA, according to people familiar with the matter.
SAP voluntary disclosure of potential misconduct related to the Gupta family in the South African community
The German software developer SAP SE (SAP), found within the company to a controversial Gupta and South Africa (Gupta) family related companies to pay 94 million rand ($6 million 600 thousand), to ensure access to the country and state-owned enterprise contract, and has conducted the report thereon to the U.S. government. The Gupta family is now mired in corruption scandals in South Africa, and the family is accused of using personal ties with Jacob Zuma to accumulate personal wealth. The Gupta family and Zuma have denied wrongdoing.
Southwest Airlines third quarter profit than expected, slightly lower than expected income
Southwest Airlines (Southwest Airlines, Co., LUV) Thursday announced fiscal third quarter net profit of $503 million, or 84 cents per share; compared with the same period last year net profit of $388 million, or 62 cents a share. Adjusted for non recurring items, earnings per share were 88 cents, better than the average 87 cents expected by analysts surveyed by FactSet. Revenues increased from $5 billion 140 million to $5 billion 270 million in the same period last year, but slightly lower than the average expected FactSet of $5 billion 300 million. Transport rate from 85.3% to 84.8%, due to transport capacity growth of 3.1%, exceeding the increase of 2.5% of passenger traffic. Revenue per seat miles decreased by 0.5%. Hurricane Harvey and IRMA caused 5000 flights canceled, thus reducing the income of $100 million.
Guess you like
- 2018-05-03Li Dazhao: Significant signs of rescue in the main market A shares will enter a new stage of development
- 2018-04-30With immediate effect, foreign investors can control domestic securities companies, and joint venture securities companies can loose their licenses! The wolf is coming? not necessarily
- 2018-04-29National Development and Reform Commission: Domestic refined oil prices have been adjusted downward due to the adjustment of VAT rates
- 2018-04-27Tax-deferred endowment insurance can enjoy triple tax benefits. We don't know if it's a big loss!
- 2018-04-27Strong stocks fell, medical stocks became the biggest winners, and billions of main funds continued to flee this sector!
- 2018-04-27The central bank's interpretation of the new regulations on asset management: What are the measures for regulatory coordination? How to implement the old and new demarcation?
- 2018-04-27Gree to determine the mid-term dividend! There is also a conference call to disclose the annual report without red
- 2018-04-25The first in the country! This city pushed the strongest recruiting maneuver: send 50% of the housing property rights
- 2018-04-25Oil prices "three consecutive up" few suspense 51 travel costs will increase
- 2018-04-16A shares are "super market"! Hainan plate 70% stocks rise and down, start to "eat meat"?
- Three delisting stocks in one week, involving 270,000 investors! Who stepped on the thunder? Trading?
- The relevant company can apply for the issuance of CDR soon after one month
- Zhejiang Dunan now has a debt crisis of 45 billion yuan.
- Central Bank: RMB qualified investors must not remit funds overseas to purchase foreign exchange when they carry out overseas investment
- The end of the era of currency excesses! Wealth creation model will change dramatically
- National Development and Reform Commission: Domestic refined oil prices have been adjusted downward due to the adjustment of VAT rates
- Securities Regulatory Commission: Allowing Foreign-Controlled Joint Venture Securities Companies
- Asset management rules come! Moneybags for everyone
- Asset management rules come! These five focuses deserve attention
- There are new actions involving 500 million old-age pensioners, 306.6 billion yuan to start investing! Has sneaked into 11 listed companies