The central parity of the yuan against the US dollar was lowered by 191 points, and the foreign exchange risk reserve ratio was raised today.2018-08-06 10:25:03 76 ℃
On August 6, the central parity of the yuan against the US dollar was adjusted at 191 basis points to 6.8513, the lowest since May 31 last year. In the previous trading day, the central price was reported at 6.8322, the closing price at 16:30 was reported at 6.8620, and the closing at 23:30 was reported at 6.8236.
Since today (August 6th), the central bank adjusted the foreign exchange risk reserve ratio of the forward sales business from 0 to 20%. Recently, due to factors such as trade frictions and changes in international exchange markets, there have been some signs of procyclical fluctuations in the foreign exchange market. From the perspective of the US dollar against the RMB exchange rate, the median price has continued to rise, with an increase of more than 4,000 points in the past three months. The central bank announced that this adjustment is intended to prevent macro financial risks, promote the stable operation of financial institutions, and strengthen macro-prudential management.
The central bank said that the next step will continue to strengthen the monitoring of the foreign exchange market. According to the development of the situation, it is necessary to take effective measures to carry out countercyclical adjustments, maintain the smooth operation of the foreign exchange market, and maintain the basic stability of the RMB exchange rate at a reasonable and balanced level. Increasing the cost of long-term foreign exchange purchases by the company
Since this year, the RMB exchange rate has been based on market supply and demand. There has been a rise in the market, the flexibility has been significantly enhanced, the market expectation is basically stable, and cross-border capital flows and foreign exchange supply and demand are also roughly balanced.
Institutional sources said that since mid-June, the RMB has depreciated against the US dollar and against a basket of currencies, especially as the “anchor” of the real effective exchange rate of the RMB – the CFETS RMB exchange rate index fell sharply by 5.56%. This indicates that the recent round of depreciation has been “overshooted”. The central bank raised the foreign exchange risk reserve ratio, which will increase the short-term RMB cost. The superposition does not rule out the possibility of subsequent counter-cyclical adjustment, which has a strong inhibitory effect on the RMB depreciation expectation. At present, the market has basically reached a consensus on the expected stability of the RMB exchange rate in the second half of the year.
- In the previous：Xinhua commentary: China’s counter-measures
- The next article：The price of oil or the increase is more than one box and more than 3 yuan.
Guess you like
- 2018-12-14By investing to pull the economy back and forth, where is the future reform?
- 2018-12-12Just now, Dong Mingzhu denied that it is an iron cock: Gree does not pay dividends in 2017 is more for 2018
- 2018-12-10"Double-width cycle" is coming soon! If so, the property market is likely to usher in a retaliatory rebound
- 2018-12-08Live | 2018 Sanya Finance International Forum
- 2018-12-07There are 450,000 direct sales! The second-hand housing market in this first-tier city is cooling down.
- 2018-12-07In the first half of 2018, global house prices rose by 50! Why are these 9 mainland second-tier cities on the list?
- 2018-12-06In the 2019 US stocks, Hong Kong stocks and A-shares, how should investors choose?
- 2018-12-05The Ministry of Commerce responded to the China-US economic and trade consultation: the meeting was very successful and confidence in implementation
- 2018-12-03Zhuge looking for a house: the average price of second-hand housing in Baicheng fell for three consecutive months
- 2018-12-03Bank management subsidiary management approach: moderately relax the scope of use of its own funds, supporting system arrow on the string
- The oil price has dropped by 30%. The picture shows the small plot behind the big drop.
- Review: The two cities fluctuated within a narrow range throughout the day, the Shanghai index rose 0.37%, the communications equipment sector led the rise
- Buy Huawei mobile phones, subsidies! Buy an apple, fine! The Shenzhen manufacturer who supports Huawei is coming to the head.
- "Double-width cycle" is coming soon! If so, the property market is likely to usher in a retaliatory rebound
- Why do multinational companies do this in China?
- Live | 2018 Sanya Finance International Forum
- General Administration of Market Supervision: Strengthening anti-monopoly law enforcement in the field of APIs
- Suddenly, Baidu hangs! Mobile phone Baidu, Baidu PC end large area down!
- Can A shares go out of the independent market? Pi Haizhou: The possibility is great!
- Kechuang board + registration system A shares will enter a new era