OPEC expects global oil demand growth to slow down next year, will oil prices fall?2018-09-13 10:25:14 34 ℃
Zhongxin Jingwei client on September 13th According to Reuters Chinese website on the 13th, OPEC said in its monthly report that global oil demand will increase by 1.41 million barrels per day next year, 20,000 barrels less than last month's estimate. / Day, this is the second time the organization has lowered this estimate.
The report further suggests that the rapid demand for oil, while helping OPEC and its allies to get rid of oversupply, will tend to be moderate in 2019. OPEC said last month that global growth is facing “a lot of challenges”, but this latest report suggests that this concern has deepened: “The challenges faced by some emerging and developing economies have intensified, making the current global economic growth forecast The risk of repair."
After the announcement of the OPEC monthly report, oil prices once retreated, but then rose to above $80 a barrel, supported by expectations of further decline in Iranian exports. This level was touched earlier this year and was first seen since 2014.
OPEC and non-OPEC oil producers agreed to return to the 100% reduction in production on June 22-23. In the past few months, Venezuela and other countries cut production, making the implementation rate higher than 160%.
OPEC said in the report that after the June agreement was reached, oil production in August increased by 278,000 barrels per day to 32.56 million barrels per day. The largest increase in output was in Libya, which was exempted from the production reduction agreement. This helped offset the impact of the decline in supply in Venezuela and Iran. The economic crisis has led to a decline in Venezuela's production, and US sanctions have made oil buyers avoid Iran.
According to Reuters calculations, this means that the implementation rate of the initial production reduction agreement rose to 133%, indicating that the reduction in production by member states is still greater than the commitment level. The implementation rate in July was 126%. OPEC's August production was lower than the average demand for crude oil in the market in 2018, and significantly higher than expected demand next year, because the United States and other competitors increased supply.
OPEC said that the global market demand for OPEC crude oil in 2019 was 32.05 million barrels per day, unchanged from the previous month. This means that if OPEC maintains current production levels and other conditions remain the same, the oil market will have an oversupply of 500,000 barrels per day.
Reuters pointed out that the implementation of the OPEC-led production reduction agreement triggered an increase in oil prices, which still stimulates the organization's competitors to increase production. OPEC expects non-OPEC oil producers to increase their oil supply by 2.15 million barrels per day next year, an increase of 20,000 barrels per day from last month. The US Energy Information Association recently pointed out in its monthly report that US crude oil production is expected to increase by 840,000 barrels per day next year to 11.5 million barrels per day. (Zhongxin Jingwei APP)
Follow the Zhongxin Jingwei WeChat public number (WeChat search "Zhongxin Jingwei" or "jwview") to see more financial information.
- In the previous：The national fiscal revenue and expenditure worked well. The national government fund budget revenue increased by 31.5% in the first eight months.
- The next article：Great price increase! Next week, the price adjustment of refined oil will be a foregone conclusion. It is expected to increase by 110 yuan per ton.
Guess you like
- 2018-11-17The system bug caused the first class round-trip only to sell 90 yuan. Eastern Airlines: Count!
- 2018-11-11Ma Yun is the most important executive, Liu Qiangdong is the strongest opponent, and 400 million women are willing to "handcuff" for him.
- 2018-11-11The chairman of the annual salary of 2.93 million resigned, and the company at the helm has deducted a net profit for three years.
- 2018-11-10Regulators: “One Two Five” is a directional goal, credit standards are not relaxed, and there is no “one size fits all” for each bank.
- 2018-11-09Beijing-Shanghai high-speed rail will be listed, and it is said to be the world's most profitable high-speed rail. China Railway has confirmed that it has selected brokers.
- 2018-11-09Zhonghong shares past events: the debt group blocked the door, the boss left for the actress 砸 100 million
- 2018-11-09A hammer! Zhonghong shares become the first "face value delisting" stock in the past 30 years
- 2018-11-07Supreme Law: Maintaining the land contractual relationship in accordance with the law for a long time, protecting the peasant's personality rights
- 2018-11-06The post-80th chairman of the 100 billion state-owned enterprises that were suspended: 7 companies also served as directors
- 2018-11-05Long-awaited! Will the registration system revolutionize the Chinese stock market?
- Can A shares go out of the independent market? Pi Haizhou: The possibility is great!
- Kechuang board + registration system A shares will enter a new era
- Britain and EU agree on technical aspects of the text of the Brexit agreement
- Opening: The three major stock indexes opened lower, the Shanghai Composite Index fell 0.25%, the oil price plummeted, causing the oil and gas sector to fall
- The chairman of the annual salary of 2.93 million resigned, and the company at the helm has deducted a net profit for three years.
- "Double 11" for ten years, how many loves can come back? How many people "hate" it?
- The rhythm of IPO's weekly batch is broken. What is more important than suspending IPO?
- up to date! Officially announced the "young" director's salary Xi'an High-tech Zone Financial Secretary was exempted
- Hebei revised family planning regulations clearly advocate a couple to have two children
- The central bank selected five institutions as pilots for simulation supervision, and the financial holding company's supervision measures strived to be released in the first half of next year.