OPEC expects global oil demand growth to slow down next year, will oil prices fall?2018-09-13 10:25:14 56 ℃
Zhongxin Jingwei client on September 13th According to Reuters Chinese website on the 13th, OPEC said in its monthly report that global oil demand will increase by 1.41 million barrels per day next year, 20,000 barrels less than last month's estimate. / Day, this is the second time the organization has lowered this estimate.
The report further suggests that the rapid demand for oil, while helping OPEC and its allies to get rid of oversupply, will tend to be moderate in 2019. OPEC said last month that global growth is facing “a lot of challenges”, but this latest report suggests that this concern has deepened: “The challenges faced by some emerging and developing economies have intensified, making the current global economic growth forecast The risk of repair."
After the announcement of the OPEC monthly report, oil prices once retreated, but then rose to above $80 a barrel, supported by expectations of further decline in Iranian exports. This level was touched earlier this year and was first seen since 2014.
OPEC and non-OPEC oil producers agreed to return to the 100% reduction in production on June 22-23. In the past few months, Venezuela and other countries cut production, making the implementation rate higher than 160%.
OPEC said in the report that after the June agreement was reached, oil production in August increased by 278,000 barrels per day to 32.56 million barrels per day. The largest increase in output was in Libya, which was exempted from the production reduction agreement. This helped offset the impact of the decline in supply in Venezuela and Iran. The economic crisis has led to a decline in Venezuela's production, and US sanctions have made oil buyers avoid Iran.
According to Reuters calculations, this means that the implementation rate of the initial production reduction agreement rose to 133%, indicating that the reduction in production by member states is still greater than the commitment level. The implementation rate in July was 126%. OPEC's August production was lower than the average demand for crude oil in the market in 2018, and significantly higher than expected demand next year, because the United States and other competitors increased supply.
OPEC said that the global market demand for OPEC crude oil in 2019 was 32.05 million barrels per day, unchanged from the previous month. This means that if OPEC maintains current production levels and other conditions remain the same, the oil market will have an oversupply of 500,000 barrels per day.
Reuters pointed out that the implementation of the OPEC-led production reduction agreement triggered an increase in oil prices, which still stimulates the organization's competitors to increase production. OPEC expects non-OPEC oil producers to increase their oil supply by 2.15 million barrels per day next year, an increase of 20,000 barrels per day from last month. The US Energy Information Association recently pointed out in its monthly report that US crude oil production is expected to increase by 840,000 barrels per day next year to 11.5 million barrels per day. (Zhongxin Jingwei APP)
Follow the Zhongxin Jingwei WeChat public number (WeChat search "Zhongxin Jingwei" or "jwview") to see more financial information.
- In the previous：The national fiscal revenue and expenditure worked well. The national government fund budget revenue increased by 31.5% in the first eight months.
- The next article：Great price increase! Next week, the price adjustment of refined oil will be a foregone conclusion. It is expected to increase by 110 yuan per ton.
Guess you like
- 2019-01-31The biggest thunder! The market value is 4.4 billion, with an advance loss of 7.8 billion! Shareholders are angry: Do you want face?
- 2019-01-31Last night, there were more than 100 companies with thunderstorms! Here is the list.
- 2019-01-22110,000 shareholders are confused! White Horse stocks changed overnight. Ten billionaires were overwhelmed by a debt of 1.5 billion?
- 2018-12-24Will the housing prices continue to rise in 2019 when the real estate regulation policy is released?
- 2018-12-16How many people have a monthly salary of 5,000 yuan? Not as much as you think
- 2018-12-14By investing to pull the economy back and forth, where is the future reform?
- 2018-12-12Just now, Dong Mingzhu denied that it is an iron cock: Gree does not pay dividends in 2017 is more for 2018
- 2018-12-10"Double-width cycle" is coming soon! If so, the property market is likely to usher in a retaliatory rebound
- 2018-12-08Live | 2018 Sanya Finance International Forum
- 2018-12-07There are 450,000 direct sales! The second-hand housing market in this first-tier city is cooling down.
- Ren Zeping: Developing China in the Yan Front is in the critical period of the rise of great powers
- Housing prices around Beijing have fallen sharply and intermediary income has changed dramatically: from the highest monthly income of 30,000 to part-time job to make a living
- Last night, there were more than 100 companies with thunderstorms! Here is the list.
- Shanghai sample mobile phone products: Hammer, Metou, Nubian and other 9 batches are not qualified! uuuuuuuuuuu
- The Sino-US economic and trade consultation is going on, and the scene is very unusual! uuuuuuuuuu
- Should pensions also be diverted from South to North?
- The country's 65 million houses are vacant? The truth behind it is even more cruel!
- The United States will investigate 244 foreign companies, including 213 Chinese companies such as Baidu and Ali. Why?
- People are not as good as days, slamming 47% in 6 days, Shanghai Lai Shi capital chain is in a hurry
- Xu Jiayin's wife made her first public appearance.