When Shi Hanbing: Lost in the House of Representatives, will Trump be dismissed by impeachment?2018-11-09 00:25:29 17 ℃
On November 6, US time, the US mid-term election results were announced: the Republican Party continued to control the Senate, while the Democratic Party took control of the House of Representatives with a weak majority.
This election is significant.
Democrats will bring Trump a certain amount of restraint
Trump’s Republican Party controls the Senate with absolute superiority, and the Senate’s term of office is up to 6 This is extremely important in the year. The US Constitution gives the Senate the power to approve treaties, approve or reject ambassadors for presidential nominations, Supreme Court judges, and other executive officials, and conduct trials when the president and subordinate officials are impeached.
A more realistic convenience is that the President of the United States can appoint personnel only after receiving the Senate’s recommendations and approvals. These government positions include Cabinet members, federal executive heads, ambassadors, Supreme Court justices and federal court judges, and the Fed chairman.
This means that Trump’s initiative in important personnel appointments and dismissals has not been affected.
The Democratic Party’s control of the House of Representatives does have a certain constraint on Trump. There is no doubt about it. For example, Trump's infrastructure plan may not be launched as scheduled due to the constraints of the Democratic Party. Trump's radical immigration policy and medical insurance policy will also have to make some concessions due to the constraints of the Democratic Party.
However, on some issues, forcing Trump to make concessions is also risky for the Democratic Party. For example, some infrastructure projects that benefit people's livelihood, or some issues related to the welfare of the people, or immigration issues. If the Democratic Party’s constraints are too sharp, it is easy to push itself to the opposite side of public opinion, which will lead to its own defeat in the next congressional election.
In Bill Clinton’s administration, the Republican Party gained control of Congress in 1994, but because the Republican Party’s constraints on the Clinton administration were too severe, the US government suffered two separate days and 21 days. Completely stopped.
As a result, the public voted with their feet to express their dissatisfaction with the Republican Party: In the presidential election on November 5, 1996, the Democratic Party’s Clinton won a total victory. It can be said that it was the Republican Party’s excessive constraints that helped Clinton.
At the moment, the Democrats who have lost the House for eight years are making a comeback. They may take full advantage of this opportunity to launch a full-scale restriction on Trump, and this approach is likely to help Rump is re-elected in the next presidential election.
If the impeachment of the president can be done, the Senate is the key.
When you write here, you can’t help but mention the impeachment problem. I think that the constraints that the Democratic Party may have are overstated. For example, many people believe that the House of Representatives controlled by the Democratic Party may initiate the impeachment process for Trump, which will end Trump’s political career and bring about dramatic changes in American politics.
This statement is quite popular at the moment, and the misunderstanding may be a lack of basic understanding of the US Congress.
It is true that the US House of Representatives can pass the impeachment case after a simple majority vote. But the passage of the impeachment case is the key to the Senate. The Senate must be approved by a two-thirds majority before the impeachment can be initiated.
In the history of the United States, only two presidents have been impeached, namely: Andrew Johnson in 1868 and Bill Clinton in 1999. Both cases of impeachment ended in failure.
Take the Clinton case as an example. On October 5, 1998, the US House Judiciary Committee passed a resolution proposed by the Republican Party to approve a formal impeachment investigation of Clinton without time and scope restrictions. On October 8, the US House of Representatives approved a formal impeachment investigation against President Clinton.
However, in the US Senate, there must be a two-thirds majority of the senators, that is, 67 senators must be supported before they can rule that Clinton is convicted and ousted him. On February 12, 1999, the US Senate rejected the first impeachment clause against Clinton in a final vote against President Clinton's impeachment case with 55 votes against 45 votes.
Alternative President Trump will continue to go
Let’s see now, this time the midterm election, Trump’s Republican Party has further consolidated in the Senate The status of the majority party. This means that no matter what big waves the House of Representatives has in terms of impeachment, the Senate will be turned into a calm water.
The Senate will become the umbrella of Trump Iron.
All in all, the House of Representatives is controlled by the Democratic Party and will impose constraints on some of Trump’s policies, such as infrastructure. However, in the trade war with China, the Democratic Party has always pursued political correctness, and their positions are not much different from those of the Republican Party. This is expected to disappoint many people.
As for impeachment and other issues, it is basically negligible. The Democratic Party’s impeachment will not have a substantial impact on Trump. Whether you like it or hate it, people have to watch this alternative president and continue to go on.
- In the previous：Zhonghong shares past events: the debt group blocked the door, the boss left for the actress 砸 100 million
- The next article：Beijing-Shanghai high-speed rail will be listed, and it is said to be the world's most profitable high-speed rail. China Railway has confirmed that it has selected brokers.
Guess you like
- 2018-11-17The system bug caused the first class round-trip only to sell 90 yuan. Eastern Airlines: Count!
- 2018-11-11Ma Yun is the most important executive, Liu Qiangdong is the strongest opponent, and 400 million women are willing to "handcuff" for him.
- 2018-11-11The chairman of the annual salary of 2.93 million resigned, and the company at the helm has deducted a net profit for three years.
- 2018-11-10Regulators: “One Two Five” is a directional goal, credit standards are not relaxed, and there is no “one size fits all” for each bank.
- 2018-11-09Beijing-Shanghai high-speed rail will be listed, and it is said to be the world's most profitable high-speed rail. China Railway has confirmed that it has selected brokers.
- 2018-11-09Zhonghong shares past events: the debt group blocked the door, the boss left for the actress 砸 100 million
- 2018-11-09A hammer! Zhonghong shares become the first "face value delisting" stock in the past 30 years
- 2018-11-07Supreme Law: Maintaining the land contractual relationship in accordance with the law for a long time, protecting the peasant's personality rights
- 2018-11-06The post-80th chairman of the 100 billion state-owned enterprises that were suspended: 7 companies also served as directors
- 2018-11-05Long-awaited! Will the registration system revolutionize the Chinese stock market?
- Kechuang board + registration system A shares will enter a new era
- Britain and EU agree on technical aspects of the text of the Brexit agreement
- Opening: The three major stock indexes opened lower, the Shanghai Composite Index fell 0.25%, the oil price plummeted, causing the oil and gas sector to fall
- The chairman of the annual salary of 2.93 million resigned, and the company at the helm has deducted a net profit for three years.
- "Double 11" for ten years, how many loves can come back? How many people "hate" it?
- The rhythm of IPO's weekly batch is broken. What is more important than suspending IPO?
- up to date! Officially announced the "young" director's salary Xi'an High-tech Zone Financial Secretary was exempted
- Hebei revised family planning regulations clearly advocate a couple to have two children
- The central bank selected five institutions as pilots for simulation supervision, and the financial holding company's supervision measures strived to be released in the first half of next year.
- irony! China does not buy, Iran is the largest buyer of US soybeans! Have you forgotten Trump sanctions?