Experts said that the tariff cuts on imported cars are being discussed in the US. It is expected that the results will be seen before the end of the year.2018-12-04 10:25:29 52 ℃
■Reporter Gong Mengze
Recently, China and the United States reached a consensus on economic and trade issues and stopped upgrading trade restrictions such as tariffs, including no longer raising the existing tariff rate against each other, and Other commodities introduced new tariff-adding measures.
A senior auto industry expert told the "Securities Daily" reporter that the relevant departments are discussing the possibility of reducing the tariffs on imported cars in the United States, but it is not known the specific extent and timetable for tariff reduction. "It takes time to form a government written document after reaching a consensus. The individual is expected to fall to the tax rate before the increase. It is expected to see the results before the end of the year."
According to the reporter, July 1 this year, China He has taken the initiative to reduce the tariff on imported cars from 25% to 15%. However, affected by the trade frictions provoked by the US, since July 6, China’s imports of cars imported from the United States, which are included in the Chinese tax increase list, have imposed a 25% tariff on the basis of the 15% tax rate. A 40% tax rate.
This means that if there is no trade dispute, China’s tariff on imported cars from the United States would have been 15%.
Some people who have worked in the US car industry told reporters that the impact of trade disputes on the sales volume of the auto market in the short term is not high, only the performance of the American cars and the "American factory" output models. Even if the tariff issue is resolved, it is still difficult to say that the domestic auto market is too big. "From a global perspective, the prosperity of the automobile market is following the cycle of economics. China's auto market has gone up for so many years, and the downward trend has become inevitable."
Imported from the US last year 280,000 vehicles
The data show that in 2017, China’s automobile imports amounted to 51 billion US dollars, of which 13.5 billion US dollars came from North America, including models produced by non-US manufacturers. According to the China Passenger Vehicle Association, China imported 280,200 vehicles from the United States last year, accounting for 10% of the total imported cars.
Correspondingly, the total price of cars and light trucks exported from the United States to China last year was about 9.5 billion U.S. dollars, but since China’s retaliatory tariffs against the United States this year, the U.S. exports to China’s cars and The number of light trucks has fallen sharply, which has led to a significant increase in export advantages for European and Japanese exporters.
The latest news shows that Trump expressed dissatisfaction with this decision in the interview and on social media just after General Motors announced its decision to close the factory. . In fact, GM has never mentioned the impact of tariffs on its marketing. However, in its recent earnings report, GM said that the US government's tariff on steel and aluminum will cost the company $1 billion (about 7 billion yuan).
Or because of the fact that after the US government expressed its intention to levy a motor tax, it was almost opposed by the industry: American automakers and other global manufacturers hope that the government will give up this idea.
The trade truce is difficult to stop the market down
The "Securities Daily" reporter observed that in the context of Sino-US trade disputes, this year's US car The performance is indeed not satisfactory. The data shows that as of October this year, the mainstream US car dealer Chang An Ford has sold a total of 335,500 units, down 48.3% from the same period of last year; GAC Fick has sold a total of 106,100, down 36.3% year-on-year.
Relying on the resource advantages of SAIC, SAIC GM is still difficult to cover a 6.9% decline despite the cumulative sales of 1,809,100 in the previous October; as for the well-known American electric vehicle brand Tesla, in the third quarter in China Sales were only 3,169 units, down 37%; in October, it was down 70%, and sales fell to 211 at freezing point.
In response to this, some automotive experts said that the competition in the domestic market is becoming increasingly fierce, and the products and quality of their own brands are constantly on the rise, and the advantages of American cars are becoming increasingly weak. In addition, in the case of Sino-US trade frictions, it will indeed affect the enthusiasm of Chinese consumers.
However, the above-mentioned people also pointed out that the trade war is not the most important reason for the decline in sales of American cars, partly because the American car products and strategic planning and product launch cycle have not kept pace with the domestic market. However, from a more far-reaching point of view, the trade war will stop and the economies of the two countries will enter a positive cycle, which will play an important role in enhancing the purchasing power of consumers and enhancing the confidence of car companies.Editor: Roth Young
Guess you like
- 2019-01-31The biggest thunder! The market value is 4.4 billion, with an advance loss of 7.8 billion! Shareholders are angry: Do you want face?
- 2019-01-31Last night, there were more than 100 companies with thunderstorms! Here is the list.
- 2019-01-22110,000 shareholders are confused! White Horse stocks changed overnight. Ten billionaires were overwhelmed by a debt of 1.5 billion?
- 2018-12-24Will the housing prices continue to rise in 2019 when the real estate regulation policy is released?
- 2018-12-16How many people have a monthly salary of 5,000 yuan? Not as much as you think
- 2018-12-14By investing to pull the economy back and forth, where is the future reform?
- 2018-12-12Just now, Dong Mingzhu denied that it is an iron cock: Gree does not pay dividends in 2017 is more for 2018
- 2018-12-10"Double-width cycle" is coming soon! If so, the property market is likely to usher in a retaliatory rebound
- 2018-12-08Live | 2018 Sanya Finance International Forum
- 2018-12-07There are 450,000 direct sales! The second-hand housing market in this first-tier city is cooling down.
- Ren Zeping: Developing China in the Yan Front is in the critical period of the rise of great powers
- Housing prices around Beijing have fallen sharply and intermediary income has changed dramatically: from the highest monthly income of 30,000 to part-time job to make a living
- Last night, there were more than 100 companies with thunderstorms! Here is the list.
- Shanghai sample mobile phone products: Hammer, Metou, Nubian and other 9 batches are not qualified! uuuuuuuuuuu
- The Sino-US economic and trade consultation is going on, and the scene is very unusual! uuuuuuuuuu
- Should pensions also be diverted from South to North?
- The country's 65 million houses are vacant? The truth behind it is even more cruel!
- The United States will investigate 244 foreign companies, including 213 Chinese companies such as Baidu and Ali. Why?
- People are not as good as days, slamming 47% in 6 days, Shanghai Lai Shi capital chain is in a hurry
- Xu Jiayin's wife made her first public appearance.