US media: China’s amazing debt consumption after the 90s2018-12-08 10:25:02 163 ℃
The US "Jing Daily Media" December 7 article, the original question: Can China's heavily indebted young people continue to support the future of luxury goods? The “Chinese Dream” of luxury brands relies heavily on Chinese millennials and Z generations (referring to post-95 and post-00) consumers. Bain estimates that by 2025 they will purchase luxury goods that will account for 46% of the market. But what if this good prospect is partly driven by debt?
A recent survey by HSBC shows that the debt-to-income ratio of China’s post-90s generation has reached an astonishing 1850%, and the group’s debt per capita to various lending institutions and credit card issuers exceeds $17,433. Combined with 120,000 yuan). According to data from a US-listed financial lending platform, about 85% of Chinese applicants for consumer loans were born after 1980: 24% are after 80, 7% are after 85, 37% are after 90, and 12% are after 95, 4 % is after 00.
The Chinese young people decided to embrace the debt life for several reasons. First of all, as a group eager to get instant gratification, it is certainly acceptable to owe debts with high-profile luxury goods in advance.
Yu Runting (sound) who is doing marketing work in Shanghai is one of them. The net income of the 26-year-old is only 9,000 yuan, 95% of which is spent on rent, daily necessities and other expenses. But this year, she bought four luxury items by maximizing the use of four credit card overdrafts and a loan from Huayuan for a total price of $12,800. At present, she only paid off part of the credit card's arrears. The current debt is about $8,400 and the interest is $300 a month. When asked if she was worried about her inability to repay the arrears, she said that she would not worry. "I will beg my parents for paying off for me when I go home during the Spring Festival." Yu is full of confidence.
The optimism of Yu reveals how different China's consumer debt problems are from the West. “Many of these young luxury consumers are the only children who spend money at home,” said Chen May Yee, Asia Pacific Director of JWT Group. “They have never experienced the experience of their parents.” It can be said that Chinese parents are A person who really powers young consumers to buy luxury goods. But Yee cautioned that although this consumption pattern may be sustainable in the short term, it is hard to say in the long run. (Author Yiling Pan, Chen Yi translation)
Guess you like
- 2019-04-25Cliff-type plunge 80%! Half a year up 8 times, producer hot hand shipment
- 2019-04-25Guo Taiming: My wife objected to my election in 2020. She has been away for a week.
- 2019-04-01Nowadays, the new VAT tax reduction policy has its ups and downs exceeding trillion yuan. Who benefits the most?
- 2019-03-01What happens in Sanya if Northeast people can't buy a house? An impact has emerged.
- 2019-03-01What should small and micro enterprises do when financing is difficult and expensive? That's what the CPPCC members said.
- 2019-01-31The biggest thunder! The market value is 4.4 billion, with an advance loss of 7.8 billion! Shareholders are angry: Do you want face?
- 2019-01-31Last night, there were more than 100 companies with thunderstorms! Here is the list.
- 2019-01-22110,000 shareholders are confused! White Horse stocks changed overnight. Ten billionaires were overwhelmed by a debt of 1.5 billion?
- 2018-12-24Will the housing prices continue to rise in 2019 when the real estate regulation policy is released?
- 2018-12-16How many people have a monthly salary of 5,000 yuan? Not as much as you think
- Does the property market stall? Hot money in the market is speeding up the influx here, after a year's surge has exceeded 20%.
- Which should interest rate and house price be valued first?
- Ren Zeping: Developing China in the Yan Front is in the critical period of the rise of great powers
- Housing prices around Beijing have fallen sharply and intermediary income has changed dramatically: from the highest monthly income of 30,000 to part-time job to make a living
- Last night, there were more than 100 companies with thunderstorms! Here is the list.
- Shanghai sample mobile phone products: Hammer, Metou, Nubian and other 9 batches are not qualified! uuuuuuuuuuu
- The Sino-US economic and trade consultation is going on, and the scene is very unusual! uuuuuuuuuu
- Should pensions also be diverted from South to North?
- The country's 65 million houses are vacant? The truth behind it is even more cruel!
- The United States will investigate 244 foreign companies, including 213 Chinese companies such as Baidu and Ali. Why?