The 3.8 billion poor are less wealthy than the 26 richest people in the world, and charities in Britain are calling for tax increases on the rich.2019-01-22 17:12:52 39 ℃
Oxfam would say, "Super-rich people and businesses now bear lower tax rates than they have in the past few decades."Source CNN
Amazon Founder Property 1%
is equivalent to Ethiopia Medical Budget
The wealth of the rich is increasing, while the situation of the poor is still difficult. Over the past year, the total wealth of the world's least wealthy 3.8 billion people decreased by an average of $500 million a day and 11% throughout the year, the report said.
Oxfam warns that the widening gap between the rich and the poor has undermined efforts to fight poverty, hurt the economy and triggered public resentment. "People around the world are indignant about this," Oxfam Director-General Baian Yima said in a statement.
The report found that from 1980 to 2016, for every $1 increase in global income, only 12 cents went to the half of the world's richest people, while 27 cents went to the pockets of the richest 1%.
The richest people pay an additional 0.5% tax rateto provide education for 262 million children
Meanwhile, governments of all countries pay an additional 0.5% tax rate for health care and education, such as health care and education. Investment in some public services is also decreasing year by year. It is estimated that about 10,000 people die every day due to lack of access to medical care.
The report points out that, because people in many countries are deeply dissatisfied with the widening gap between the rich and the poor, there is a growing international demand for heavy taxes on the rich.
In the United States, the Democratic Party's new female congresswoman, Cortes, proposed earlier this month that a heavy tax be imposed on the extremely wealthy, with a tax rate of up to 70%. President Trump has just announced a series of tax reforms in 2018, lowering the top tax rate from 39.6% to 37%. This policy has aroused controversy. Opponents say it is good for the rich. In Europe, the "yellow vest" campaign swept through France in November last year, with great momentum, and participants demanded that President Mark Ron abolish tax cuts for the rich.
Oxfam therefore calls on governments to raise taxes on wealthy individuals and large enterprises and to use the proceeds to help the poor so as to alleviate or stop the declining living standards of the poor.
The organization found that requiring the wealthiest to pay an additional tax rate of 0.5% is only a drop in the bucket for the wealthy, but the amount of tax collected is considerable enough to provide education for 262 million children dropping out of school globally and save 3.3 million people who may not be able to survive because of lack of medical care.
Young people do not like to have children sit down, and the number of newborns dropped by 2 million in 2018! More than 30 million "leftover men" are caused by the imbalance between men and women? < br >< p > pension in the south to support the northeast, relieve the urgent need? Netizens fried the pot, experts responded. < br > < p > Ren Zhengfei sent two internal e-mails in succession: Ready to live a hard life, give up mediocre employees! Neighborhood training in the next 3-5 years uuuuuuuuuuu
editing Chen Si
- In the previous：Liu Qiang East Australian Villa Housing Sale: Loss of nearly 20 million yuan compared with 3 years ago, property rights in Zhang Zetian's hands
- The next article：The global economy is weak, but China is outstanding? Standard Chartered predicts that it will take only 10 years for China to surpass the United States
Guess you like
- 2019-01-31The biggest thunder! The market value is 4.4 billion, with an advance loss of 7.8 billion! Shareholders are angry: Do you want face?
- 2019-01-31Last night, there were more than 100 companies with thunderstorms! Here is the list.
- 2019-01-22110,000 shareholders are confused! White Horse stocks changed overnight. Ten billionaires were overwhelmed by a debt of 1.5 billion?
- 2018-12-24Will the housing prices continue to rise in 2019 when the real estate regulation policy is released?
- 2018-12-16How many people have a monthly salary of 5,000 yuan? Not as much as you think
- 2018-12-14By investing to pull the economy back and forth, where is the future reform?
- 2018-12-12Just now, Dong Mingzhu denied that it is an iron cock: Gree does not pay dividends in 2017 is more for 2018
- 2018-12-10"Double-width cycle" is coming soon! If so, the property market is likely to usher in a retaliatory rebound
- 2018-12-08Live | 2018 Sanya Finance International Forum
- 2018-12-07There are 450,000 direct sales! The second-hand housing market in this first-tier city is cooling down.
- Ren Zeping: Developing China in the Yan Front is in the critical period of the rise of great powers
- Housing prices around Beijing have fallen sharply and intermediary income has changed dramatically: from the highest monthly income of 30,000 to part-time job to make a living
- Last night, there were more than 100 companies with thunderstorms! Here is the list.
- Shanghai sample mobile phone products: Hammer, Metou, Nubian and other 9 batches are not qualified! uuuuuuuuuuu
- The Sino-US economic and trade consultation is going on, and the scene is very unusual! uuuuuuuuuu
- Should pensions also be diverted from South to North?
- The country's 65 million houses are vacant? The truth behind it is even more cruel!
- The United States will investigate 244 foreign companies, including 213 Chinese companies such as Baidu and Ali. Why?
- People are not as good as days, slamming 47% in 6 days, Shanghai Lai Shi capital chain is in a hurry
- Xu Jiayin's wife made her first public appearance.