The U. S. vaccine has a radical cure rate of 97%! Good research, just a small problem...2018-04-16 10:25:32 87 ℃
a recent U.S. cancer vaccine research and development success, complete cure rate reached 97%! "The scraper, so all kinds of background for identification: This is exactly what kind of vaccine? When can we use people? What kind of cancer can you treat?
's most concerned question, of course, is: is this something reliable?
is not dependable, depending on what angle you are standing on: science research, it is quite reliable; in clinical application, it is still far from.
first, from a scientific point of view, this is a very formal paper. It was published in the journal Science, Science Translational Medicine, and from the laboratory of Standford Daniel Ronald Levy. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Sciences, the lymphoma research was one of the big coffee, known as the originator of cancer immune antibody therapy, because his research leads directly to the target immune therapy of lymphoma to drug rituximab.
from the background, can be sure this is not the "Australian cancer" that burst of LOW Weakness lends wings to rumours. put all sorts of things together. The
thesis itself is very important in science. 's method of local vaccine injection of "OX40 antibody + immune stimulant" is worthy of careful taste by professional researchers such as pineapple.
"the American cancer vaccine has been developed successfully, with a total radical cure rate of 97%! "It is the title party. More accurately, it should be: "the cancer vaccine has a good effect on the animal model, and a small number of small tumors on the dozens of small mice have disappeared."
, of course, is not read at all, and is less likely to reach 100 thousand + from the media.
, if people see the excitement of this article is 100, the excitement of researchers who study cancer immunity should be 30. The excitement of people working in pharmaceutical factory is only 5.
because it is far from the clinical success of the human body. The crowd was so excited that it didn't help the patient directly.
may not know that it is not difficult to let the mouse's cancer disappear at all. many people are good at curing cancer. It's just a cure for mice!
almost every scientist doing cancer research has healed a lot of cancer mice. It's a pity that no eggs are used. More than 99% of these studies have been hung up once the human body is in the body. The same is true of the research on the
cancer vaccine. The
cancer vaccine is the Holy Grail of the research of new anticancer drugs! Everyone wants to have a needle and no longer have cancer, or to remove the existing cancer. This concept has been in the past nearly a hundred years, and has been heated many times in history. There are no thousands or hundreds of vaccines that scientists have developed to cure mice. But as with other anticancer methods, once it is tried in the human body, it is not valid. Why is
is very simple, because people are not mice.
professor Bert Vogelstein, a professor of cancer gene research in the United States, has said that fighting cancer is very simple, as long as the patient is turned into a mouse.
jokes to jokes. Why many anticancer drugs can cure mice, but it is not effective for people?
causes a variety of reasons, each of which is different.
first, the mice and people are different in biology.
not only the cancer cells in mice are different from the human cancer cells themselves, but also the immune system in mice is different from the human immune system. For example, some drugs can activate the mice immune, but the effect is very poor, naturally only cure mouse tumor.
second, the heterogeneity of tumor in mice was much lower than that of human.
of human tumor is usually formed after a long evolution in 10~20, just like the earth at the same time there are a variety of animal, each cancer patient usually has a lot of characteristics of different tumors exist at the same time, we refer to this phenomenon as "tumor heterogeneity".
because of the presence of heterogeneity, sometimes anti-cancer drugs can only kill 90% human cancer cells, not 100%, which leads to tumor resistance and recurrence.
, but the laboratory tumor model of mice grew up in a few weeks. Without such an evolutionary process, the tumor cells originated from a single source rather than a variety of mixtures. As a result, once the drug works, it is easy to kill 99%, or even 100%, of the cancer cells.
third, the mouse's tumor is too much smaller than the human.
personally thinks that this is the most important difference between a mouse's tumor and a human tumor. The mice that have been experimenting with a scientist are small, and have smaller tumors, often a grape, or even a pea. And the human body's tumor is often an orange, even a watermelon. The difference between the pea tumor and the watermelon tumor is too big.
said one of the chopsticks was broken and ten pairs of chopsticks were firmly tied up. When the tumor grows, a few scattered and small mixed mixed into a tight organized gangland, a qualitative change, the difficulty of treatment increases countless times.
for example, anticancer drugs are difficult to penetrate into large tumors and can only kill some of the cells on the surface.
, for example, can form a strong suppressive environment inside a large tumor, allowing immune cells to fail.
, for example, can support each other when the cancer cells are more than they are, helping the drug resistance.
, in a word, a large human tumor and a small mouse tumor are completely not a class of things.
cure the mouse is very simple, cure the person is very difficult.
, I wrote this article not to pour cold water on it, but to take a chance to help you to understand the difference between human and mouse tumors. Later, we can judge whether a thing is reliable or not, and how far it is from the clinical practice.
is not meaningless to cure mice. In addition to the next step of research,
helps to understand cancer biology. Most importantly, the fact that small tumors are better treated is one of the most important reasons for supporting the early screening of tumors.
early screening, early treatment, early cure.
if we can develop new technologies, such as sensitive and specific liquid biopsy, it will be found only when the tumor is only pea size. It will probably cure the patient very easily, like curing mice.
Guess you like
- 2018-05-29How should women check the mammary gland regularly? What items are checked? Please read this article, full of dry goods
- 2018-05-04Is the cupping really detox? Is the extracted blisters really a toxin in the body?
- 2018-05-04After fry this kind of nut, the calcium content is 50 times more than the original, you may not know!
- 2018-05-03Doctor reveals: Naked sleep is good or not?
- 2018-05-03Vitamins can not be eaten casually, these people do not eat!
- 2018-05-02Gastric medicine, when is it correct?
- 2018-04-28People with bad livers will sell you eyes and see if you have these signals.
- 2018-04-27Expiration deterioration problem to understand! To everyone who can't leave a seasoning
- 2018-04-26Seeing the drug product manual \"careful use \", \"use of \", \"disable\"... the difference between the words, may be awful!
- 2018-04-26Pu'er tea and overnight tea can cause cancer? Is tea drinking cancer or cancer?
- Eating a watermelon died in the night, just because he didn't pay attention! And these taboos you may have overlooked
- This kind of grass in the countryside, natural antibiotics, detoxification, these 5 things together to soak in water, the effect will be better
- Is fermented bean curd really unhealthy? The answer is unexpected and must be seen for family health
- After fry this kind of nut, the calcium content is 50 times more than the original, you may not know!
- Why do you lick your fingers? Can you not worry? Today all told you clearly
- Shooting your disease with your hands is so simple!
- Blocking your body here will trigger 70 diseases! This dredge method is super useful!
- 5 national old Chinese doctors do not eat this food! It is worth thinking deeply for everyone!
- Seeing the drug product manual \"careful use \", \"use of \", \"disable\"... the difference between the words, may be awful!
- "A ugly ugly one, a mother's ugly ugly nest"? Don't make excuses for your looks