Expiration deterioration problem to understand! To everyone who can't leave a seasoning2018-04-27 20:26:04 191 ℃
Author: LIU Ping-ping (National Senior Dietitian, senior health management division) p>
expired food we eat certainly would be lost, then seasoning it? Most people will certainly not lose it without hesitation.
Then I ask you, do you know that your salt, vinegar, soy sauce, and white sugar have expired? It is estimated that most people who are used to putting seasonings in seasoning boxes and seasoning bottles do not always remember the shelf life of the bags, and they often use bottoming to add new ones.
Pictures from GIPHY
The problem has come, seasoning expired, and eating will affect the body Is there injury? How do we judge whether the seasoning has deteriorated?
The seasoning expired. Is it bad for you to eat?
Not necessarily affected.
In fact, expiration does not mean deterioration, and deterioration is not necessarily toxic or harmful.
To start with the shelf life, according to the national standard "General Rules for the Labeling of Prepackaged Food" (GB 7718-2011), the shelf life is the product's quality under the storage conditions specified in the label. The deadline. During this period, the product is fully suitable for sale and maintains the unique qualities that are not required to be stated or already stated in the label.
In other words, within the warranty period, manufacturers will promise that the appearance, taste, flavor, etc. of the product will not change significantly, and no spoilage will occur.
After the expiration date, it means that the manufacturer does not dare to guarantee the quality of the product, not that the product must be unsafe.
Images from 123RF Gallery
For seasoning, there are usually three after expiration Results:
No deterioration occurred: The spices did not deteriorate, were safe, and did not cause physical harm.
A relatively non-harmful deterioration of the human body: for example, agglomeration of white granulated sugar; reduced iodine content in iodized table salt. Usually notIt can cause poisoning, or it may only be slight discomfort.
Deteriorations that may be harmful to the human body: For example, vinegar and soy sauce are contaminated by membranous bacteria and deteriorate. This situation may cause poisoning or potential harm, light may only appear nausea, diarrhea and other digestive symptoms, and heavy may appear in the respiratory, circulatory, nervous system and other symptoms. Of course, because of the small amount of spices used each time, the intake of toxic substances is also small, generally do not cause acute poisoning, but if you eat long-term, it may still cause chronic poisoning.
It is worth mentioning that some spices on the market have no shelf life. Because according to the national regulations, alcoholic beverages, vinegar, edible salt, solid sugar, and monosodium glutamate, which have an alcohol content of 10% or more, can be exempt from labeling the shelf life.
Photos from the 123RF Gallery
In addition, even if some spices have not passed the shelf life, Does not mean that it will not degenerate.
The shelf life of foods is affected by a variety of factors including the chemical composition, processing technology, packaging, and storage conditions of the food. For qualified products produced by regular manufacturers, if we can store according to the storage conditions marked by the manufacturers, we usually do not deteriorate in advance. However, for the seasoning, if it is thrown at random and is used up, it is likely to be prematurely deteriorated due to high temperature, moisture absorption, and contamination by mosquitoes. As a result, the period for eating after opening the bag is shortened.
How can we tell if the seasoning has deteriorated?
For spices, if the packaging has a label shelf life, it should be used within the warranty period, if not marked, but also pay more attention to whether there has been deterioration. This can be specifically identified as follows:
Usage Salt: Generally not easily deteriorated, but for iodized salt, if it is not properly preserved or left for too long, the iodine content will decrease. In addition, if there is odor and smelly, bitter and foreign flavor, it can not be eaten anymore.
Vinegar: turbid, precipitated, floating film with mildew, bad smell and odor, and abnormal taste.
Soy sauce: turbidity, precipitates, floating membranes with molds, coke, rancid rancid or disgusting odors, odors and other undesirable aftertastes.
Sugar: Agglomeration with dampness, yellowing of color and sour taste.
How can I prevent fast seasoning?
Reliable Provider Superselection Purchase qualified products produced by regular manufacturers.
Try to choose the packaged spices (especially white sugar) instead of bulk.
Try to choose a seasoning that is close to the date of production.
If conditions are available, you can purchase better-quality seasonings. For example, for white sugar, you can choose higher grades. From high to low, you can refine, grade, and order. Grades, two.
It is best to choose a small package of spices, and do not buy too much at one time.
(2) Storage suggestions
Place the seasoning in a cool, dry place away from the boiler and away from direct sunlight To.
Be careful to keep it tightly closed. For example, tighten the vinegar bottle and cover with salt.
If you purchase bulk spices (such as bulk vinegar, bulk white granulated sugar), make sure that the containers for the spices are clean and hygienic. reason.
For bulk soy sauce, consider boiling before storing.
Before each seasoning, pay attention to the cleanliness of the bottle and cans.
You can design a record sheet that records information such as name, date, shelf life, and record person, and then hang it on a kitchen wall to make it easier to see.
Be sure to eat as soon as possible after the spices have been opened. Don't let it go too long.
Image Source:123RF Gallery
1, National Food Safety Standard for Prepackaged Food Labeling (GB) 7718-2011)
2, Wu Jinying. Study on the Membrane Yeast Test in Soy Sauce. Jiangsu Seasoning Food 3. Zhao Shuang, Zhu Yaqin, Liu Shuliang, etc. Separation, Identification and Control of Food Industry Technology, 2014, 35 (23) :118-122
4, Zhao Fuzhen. Cooking Nutrition and Health. Chongqing University Press
5. Hygienic Standards for Vinegar (GB 2719-2003)
6. Hygiene Standards for Soy Sauce (GB 2717-2003)
7, White Sugar (GB 317) -2006)
Copyright Notice: This article is an original manuscript by Dr. Chun Yu, copyright belongs to Dr. Chun Yu, unauthorized reprint, authorization and cooperation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Guess you like
- 2019-02-18Is classical swine fever a real "flood animal"?
- 2019-02-09Sitting on your knees for a week and refreshing your breath for a year is the magic way to tonify the liver, drain blood down and invigorate your whole body! ________
- 2019-02-09Cephalosporins go with wine! Whoever you are!
- 2019-02-09Longevity fourteen marches! Congratulations on more than six
- 2019-02-09Spring cover 4 places, a year without disease! Disclosure of Key Points of Human Body by Medical Masters (Human Guidance)
- 2019-01-22What is "extended suicide" in Jinan when a man jumps from a building to commit suicide after killing five members of his family?
- 2019-01-22Does banana have any effect on relieving constipation? It's time to know the answer.
- 2019-01-13Heart is not good, touch less "2 yellow", eat more "2 red", stay away from four things, heart will gradually improve.
- 2018-12-27The death of a 4-year-old girl Zhou Yang! In China, all health products are deceptive
- 2018-10-29What are the symptoms of thyroid cancer after surgery that may indicate a worsening of the condition?
- When does defecation mean that the digestive system is the healthiest? Is it morning? A lot of people are wrong.
- Three clinics refused to see the patient he received, the results of a needle down.
- If you know where the suffocated fart has gone, I bet you won't suffocate anymore...
- Eat a scallion, top ten pairs of medicine! Unfortunately, 90% of the people have eaten wrong, which is equal to eating for nothing.
- What happened when my body suddenly shook when I was sleeping?
- What is "extended suicide" in Jinan when a man jumps from a building to commit suicide after killing five members of his family?
- Think carefully and be afraid of it! uuuuuuuuuuu A hair stuck into the skin during the haircut, and he fell on the operating table.
- Expert: These exercises are like "antihypertensive drugs". Hypertensive patients can try more!
- The truth of "women's intra-abdominal death left behind by gauze after induced labor" sounds the alarm bell!
- Significant positive news! Is hepatitis B new drug with a resistance rate of 0% listed, can ordinary people afford it?