Foreign women donated organs after death, 4 were killed by donors, and 3 of them died of breast cancer2018-09-13 20:25:30 289 ℃
According to the British media "Daily Mail" reported that a slightly bizarre medical incident was revealed recently, a foreign woman donated organs after death, and 4 of her 5 donors died. Three of them still died of breast cancer.
This foreign woman died of a stroke in 2007 at the age of 53, after her death, her kidneys, lungs, liver and heart They were donated to five other patients. However, within 6 years after the completion of the transplant, 4 of the 5 recipients died of illness. Patients who underwent a heart transplant eventually died of sepsis, and the other four suffered from breast cancer, and only one was successfully saved.
Because things are bizarre, experts from the University of Tübingen in Germany and the Free University Medical Center in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, conducted a detailed investigation into this matter.
According to previous data, the probability of contracting cancer from a single organ is only tens of 10,000, so this is probably the first case in the world where patients have transferred cancer cells to other patients through organ donation. Doctors performing organ transplant surgery should have not noticed the presence of cancer cells in the organ before, and mistakenly transplanted them into other patients.
In this medical scandal, the first person to be diagnosed with cancer was a 42-year-old woman who underwent a lung transplant from the original patient.
However, less than a year and a half after the transplant operation, the new lung had problems, and she had to go back to the hospital for further treatment. The doctor then discovered that she had breast cancer, and the cancer cells originated in the lungs and then spread to the bones and liver. In 2009, she died unfortunately. The doctor then passed a DNA test to confirm that the cancer cells were indeed from the organ donor. The hospital then notified the other two patients who had received a kidney transplant to remind them of the risk of cancer, but after testing, they did not have any Symptoms of the onset.
However, in 2011, a man who received a right kidney transplant was diagnosed with kidney cancer. After five years, another female patient who underwent a left kidney transplant was also found to have cancer.
Fortunately, the man who received the right kidney transplant immediately removed the kidney, actively cooperated with the drug treatment, and finally recovered. But another female patient was not so lucky. Because the cancer cells had begun to metastasize, she died unfortunately after six years of organ transplant surgery.
The fourth cancer-bearing woman was a 59-year-old woman who had undergone liver transplantation. Although she was found to have cancer cells in 2011, she refused to remove the kidneys, so cancer cells began to spread in 2014. Later, unfortunately died.
Related experts said that cancer cells in the blood will be preserved when the transplanted organs are kept warm. After transplanting into a patient, cancer can take uncontrolled growth because the patient needs to take medicine to weaken the immune system's rejection of foreign organs.
This situation can be avoided by performing detailed pre-tests on organ donors, but one thing to consider is that such detailed testing may dispel the enthusiasm of organ donors.
At present, relevant experts have published this case and the results of the survey to the American Journal of Transplantation.
Guess you like
- 2019-04-25Does it work to eat Viagra all the time? Five Misunderstandings of Viagra
- 2019-04-25How effective is tea against cancer? The doctor explained that you might as well come to know the tea drinker.
- 2019-04-07Five secrets about breast size, don't say you don't know yet!
- 2019-02-18Is classical swine fever a real "flood animal"?
- 2019-02-09Sitting on your knees for a week and refreshing your breath for a year is the magic way to tonify the liver, drain blood down and invigorate your whole body! ________
- 2019-02-09Cephalosporins go with wine! Whoever you are!
- 2019-02-09Longevity fourteen marches! Congratulations on more than six
- 2019-02-09Spring cover 4 places, a year without disease! Disclosure of Key Points of Human Body by Medical Masters (Human Guidance)
- 2019-01-22What is "extended suicide" in Jinan when a man jumps from a building to commit suicide after killing five members of his family?
- 2019-01-22Does banana have any effect on relieving constipation? It's time to know the answer.
- 36-year-old woman, no pain, no diagnosis of lung cancer, a sign on her hand, or has reached the middle and late stages
- Every puerpera needs pelvic repair? This market is too dark!
- Without pain, she won't feel any pain when she gives birth to a child! __________ But everyday life is not easy at all.
- People with good hearts and lungs often have three common points, even if only one is good!
- When does defecation mean that the digestive system is the healthiest? Is it morning? A lot of people are wrong.
- Three clinics refused to see the patient he received, the results of a needle down.
- If you know where the suffocated fart has gone, I bet you won't suffocate anymore...
- Eat a scallion, top ten pairs of medicine! Unfortunately, 90% of the people have eaten wrong, which is equal to eating for nothing.
- What happened when my body suddenly shook when I was sleeping?
- What is "extended suicide" in Jinan when a man jumps from a building to commit suicide after killing five members of his family?