She did a good job of cooking and killed seven people.2019-04-01 11:25:29 76 ℃
This issue protagonists: typhoid Mary
1906, a vacation banker in New York, Mr. Henry Warren, fortunately and unfortunately recruited a young chef from Ireland, Mary Millon. Fortunately, Mary cooked a mouth-watering dish. Unfortunately, within weeks of Mary's removal, six of the 11 members of the family fell ill with typhoid fever.
Because Mary's dishes are delicious but pathogenic.
Modern medicine calls the disease caused by Salmonella typhi infection typhoid fever.
In the eyes of the public, perhaps only those patients with sudden onset of illness are the avoidable source of infection that may damage their health.
and typhoid fever is different, the main source of transmission of the disease is seemingly healthy chronic carriers. < p > < p > typhoid bacilli infect human body through fecal-oral route. Typhoid fever transmits pathogens through contaminated water or food, daily contact, flies and cockroaches.
Golden Fly, which lives in the dung tank, is also an important medium of transmission
Why are the other five bankers not ill?
because although people are generally susceptible to the disease, the incidence of the disease depends on the number of bacteria intake, pathogenicity and the host's defensive capacity. When typhoid bacillus enters the blood for the first time and causes bacteremia, the patient has no symptoms and is in a latent period clinically.< strong> onset < p> accompanied by the second entry of typhoid bacillus into the blood, releasing lipopolysaccharide endotoxin, activating monocyte-macrophage release cytokines, fever, general discomfort, fatigue and other clinical symptoms difficult to distinguish from other febrile diseases. After 2 to 3 weeks of onset of typhoid fever
, typical typhoid fever will show the following symptoms:
persistent fever and systemic poisoning symptoms. < li> < p> Neurological system: The patient was trance, indifferent expression, dull, slow response, and had typical typhoid face. < li> < p> Digestive system: lack of appetite, abdominal distension and constipation. Soft tenderness in the right lower abdomen indicates enlargement of the liver.
Some patients had pale red rosette rash, which was more common in 6-13 days of course, 2-4 cm in diameter, and fading of pressure. They are mostly distributed in the chest and abdomen, and can also be seen in the back or limbs.
Some people say that Mary Typhoid is really a born infectious disease scientist.
She is illiterate, but she can leave the employee quickly before she falls ill and find a new place to cook.
The health department did not turn its attention to Mary until the banker's family got sick and people were surprised that the wealthy people would suffer from this stinky disease. Not surprisingly, Mary's stool was positive for typhoid bacilli.
shocked the medical profession at that time, there really would be a healthy source of infection?
Most of the public did not believe it, nor did Mary, who was forcibly detained in the quarantine area.
So she published an article by contacting reporters, which aroused the sympathy of the people. While denouncing the health department for not speaking about human rights, she petitioned for Mary's release. Under pressure from the public, the government released Mary, but asked her to either never work in the catering industry or to remove the gallbladder from which bacteria were stored.
But Mary didn't do any of them. She was still cooking her own delicacies, but changed her name.
Five years later, a typhoid fever outbreak broke out in Sloan Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital in Manhattan. Twenty-five doctors and nurses were infected, two of them died.
And the cook in the hospital is not someone else, but Mary, who is aliased as Mrs. Brown.
No one petitioned her again this time. After 23 years living in a glass cage on the isolated island, the most famous carrier could not transmit typhoid at all.
All the way, 52 cases of typhoid fever were transmitted directly in Marie Millon's life, 7 of them died, and countless indirect infections occurred.
Along the way, Typhoid bacillus is like a footprint with her. She realized it, but did not stop.
Typhoid fever can be effectively cured by using antibiotics now, but even in an era of underdeveloped medical care and poor urban sanitation, Typhoid fever should not have caused such a big topic.
The isolation measures adopted by the medical department may be too hard. The media only relied on one piece of report to promote the popular petition, coupled with the almost stubborn resistance of Miss Mary herself, which ultimately made the terror of typhoid fever deeply rooted in the hearts of the people.
We have no idea what kind of psychology Mary is going to be convinced of her legitimacy, or if she knows it, she will change her name and continue to work in the catering industry. In any case, the stigma of "typhoid Mary" is a manifestation of public anger. Although there are more carriers of bacteria, it has not been able to cover up Mary's notoriety, and even the insulting description of her physique has been handed down.
Infectious diseases are "natural disasters" that are hard to reach by human resources, but typhoid fever is caused by medical exceptions, manipulation of public opinion and cheating and betrayal of the parties, which results in a "man-made disaster". Of course, there is a part of Mary's self-suffering, but the whole society's malice for typhoid fever has been concentrated on her body for a hundred years. It's hard to avoid being dispassionate from today's perspective. What's wrong with Mary alone? With the development of the era of
, knowledge and technology are different, but the plot of the story a hundred years ago can still give people a sense of both sight and what to do.
Everyone boasts that the bystanders are clear, and that everyone can't help but be fascinated by the authorities.
References<1.Zhou Yuanping.Tropical Diseases.2 Edition.People's Health Publishing House,2013
2.Mary Dobson.Jincheng Publishing House,2016<3.Typhoid-Wikipedia
4.World Health Organization<5.Typhoid Mary-Wikipedia
- In the previous：My name is polyp. It can easily become cancer.
- The next article：All girls who cross their legs are the end of the game.
Guess you like
- 2019-04-25Does it work to eat Viagra all the time? Five Misunderstandings of Viagra
- 2019-04-25How effective is tea against cancer? The doctor explained that you might as well come to know the tea drinker.
- 2019-04-07Five secrets about breast size, don't say you don't know yet!
- 2019-02-18Is classical swine fever a real "flood animal"?
- 2019-02-09Sitting on your knees for a week and refreshing your breath for a year is the magic way to tonify the liver, drain blood down and invigorate your whole body! ________
- 2019-02-09Cephalosporins go with wine! Whoever you are!
- 2019-02-09Longevity fourteen marches! Congratulations on more than six
- 2019-02-09Spring cover 4 places, a year without disease! Disclosure of Key Points of Human Body by Medical Masters (Human Guidance)
- 2019-01-22What is "extended suicide" in Jinan when a man jumps from a building to commit suicide after killing five members of his family?
- 2019-01-22Does banana have any effect on relieving constipation? It's time to know the answer.
- Every puerpera needs pelvic repair? This market is too dark!
- Without pain, she won't feel any pain when she gives birth to a child! __________ But everyday life is not easy at all.
- People with good hearts and lungs often have three common points, even if only one is good!
- When does defecation mean that the digestive system is the healthiest? Is it morning? A lot of people are wrong.
- Three clinics refused to see the patient he received, the results of a needle down.
- If you know where the suffocated fart has gone, I bet you won't suffocate anymore...
- Eat a scallion, top ten pairs of medicine! Unfortunately, 90% of the people have eaten wrong, which is equal to eating for nothing.
- What happened when my body suddenly shook when I was sleeping?
- What is "extended suicide" in Jinan when a man jumps from a building to commit suicide after killing five members of his family?
- Think carefully and be afraid of it! uuuuuuuuuuu A hair stuck into the skin during the haircut, and he fell on the operating table.