The woman’s feet in the Qing Dynasty were always very hurt, and the three-inch golden lotus and high-top flag shoes could not be avoided.2018-08-05 20:25:27 172 ℃
It is well known that women wrapped their feet in history for a long time, and the Qing Dynasty has developed to the point where it has reached its peak.
Among the Han women, it’s rare to see the big rivers and the north. They suffered great physical pain, but they still succumbed to the man's aesthetic.
When a woman is 6 or 7 years old, she will start to wrap her long foot cloth and break her toe bone. The pain is hard to say. When they grow up, they face extreme inconvenience in their daily lives. Don't talk about labor, even walking is difficult.
The woman's little feet photographed by foreign photographers in the late Qing Dynasty.
The Qing Dynasty historical materials describe the situation of a small-footed woman’s travel: "From the self-proclaimed to the small family, there is no such thing as a small foot... These women, the rate is not allowed to walk, so in the market I don’t see it at first. Even if I see it, I will walk with a stick, or the person who is helpless, is no different from the disabled.”
Why is the Qing Dynasty’s foot-binding wind more intense than the previous generation? Some scholars believe that: First, historical inertia. In the Song Dynasty, there was a clear record of women's feet. The Ming Dynasty has become commonplace. As a development trend, the Qing Dynasty is bound to become more serious and reach its peak.
A small-footed woman who walks with a cane in the late Qing Dynasty.
Second, in the early Qing, men were forced to obey the requirements of the Manchu rulers to "shave and wear clothes." In order to find a breakthrough in some aspects, they thought of making a fuss on the woman's feet, because the emperors of the Qing Dynasty were opposed to the little feet.
It is true that every emperor has made three orders and five applications, prohibiting women from wrapping their feet. Later, seeing the wind that can't stop the Han people's foot-binding, it will no longer be controlled. It is only forbidden to fill the feet of Manchu women.
Manchu women, Tianzu, wearing high-top shoes.
Manchu women are not wrapped in "three-inch golden lotus", are they really liberated? In fact, they did not, their feet were also shackled, that is the high-end flag shoes.
The middle-aged and young women of the Manchu aristocracy wear high-soled shoes. According to the shape of their wooden soles, there are different types of flower pot bottoms, ingot bottoms, and horseshoe bottoms. Combine the physical photos, we know these kinds of shoes.
Flower pot bottom shoes from the Forbidden City.
The bottom of the flowerpot refers to the sole from the top to the bottom, which gradually becomes smaller. It is named after the shape of a flowerpot, and the height can reach more than 20 cm.
The ingots of the Forbidden City collection.
Ingots, the bottom of the sole is cut off in the shape of a silver ingot.
Horseshoe shoes from the National Palace Museum.
Horse hosiery shoes, the upper and lower width, the front flat and round, shaped like a horseshoe, the sole height is generally 5-15 cm, the highest can reach 25 cm.
Wearing such high-rise shoes, the same as the modern women wearing high-heeled shoes, it is equipped with a flag to look tall and long legs, showing the gracefulness of the body, to meet the man's aesthetic needs.
Do you think that the sole is 10 cm high and 20 cm high, can you wear it comfortably? Can you get steady when you walk? However, in contrast, foot binding is more tragic than wearing high-soled shoes.
Reference: Xu Wei, "Qing Fei Class Notes", Lin Yongzhen, Wang Wei, "The History of Social Life in the Qing Dynasty"
Guess you like
- 2018-09-27During World War II, why did the US military not directly throw the atomic bomb at Tokyo, Japan?
- 2018-09-17Liu Zongmin broke Li Zicheng's big event. Why did Li Zi become Liu Zongmin?
- 2018-09-04Old photo: Real video record of the Nationalist Army of the People's Liberation Army
- 2018-08-30By dragging Wu Wang and Wu Sangui to death, you can avoid the chaos of "seven countries, three shackles"?
- 2018-08-05Three Chinese who have visited the United States and caused a sensation
- 2018-08-02Why was the “Huaihai Campaign” originally conceived by General Su Yu not a “cooked rice meal”?
- 2018-06-08Why did the Qing troops defeat in the Sino-Japanese War? Look at Japan's pre-war preparations!
- 2018-05-04When Yang Guang was killed, Li Shimin became a mutiny, and Empress Wu was granted power, the "Central Guard Corps" in the Sui and Tang dynasties died.
- 2018-05-03Where did Jin Yiwei go when the Ming Dynasty died? Some surrendered to some countries
- 2018-05-01From "Li Guangguang Feng" to see how severe the "Feng Hou" is to officials.
- Which of the governors of Shaanxi and Gansu and the governor of Shandong is even more powerful?
- How high is the Empress Dowager Cixi?
- The most comical rebellion in history: being defeated in the country and running to a neighboring country
- Why is Zhu Changzhen a king of the Ming Dynasty who is not worthy of sympathy?
- The Soviet Union on the eve of World War II: the wind and rain come, the people live and work in peace
- In the Southern Anhui Incident, the most powerful division of the National Army, a brigade commander was killed by a brigade commander, and lost more than half.
- The nobleness of history, the crown of the six palaces, but why not live forever? the reason is simple
- Why did the 60th National Army, known as the "60 Bears", fight on the Korean battlefield?
- Li Shimin has a stunt that ranks first in the Sui and Tang dynasty. No one is his opponent.
- This person passed through the Sixth Dynasty emperor and was reinstated by the great eunuch Liu Ye after five years