Why do Japanese people succumb to the United States’ annexation of Hawaii?2018-11-18 20:25:32 102 ℃
Text/Lonely Red Wine
The Hawaiian Islands, located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, are a group of islands with a beautiful and strategic location. The Hawaiian Islands are made up of 132 islands. It is the only archipelagic state in the United States and the most important strategic support of the United States in the Pacific. Therefore, the United States regards Hawaii as its own imprisonment. In fact, Hawaii in history was once an independent country, and the United States has only annexed Hawaii for only 100 years. However, for the United States to annex Hawaii, the Japanese have always been worried and very dissatisfied with the Americans. Before the Pearl Harbor Incident, Japan had been clamoring for the recapture of Hawaii. So what is the relationship between Hawaii and the Japanese, and why did the Japanese have been worried about the annexation of Hawaii to the United States? Let's talk about it below.
History in Hawaii is the home of Polynesians. Around the 13th century, Polynesians moved to the Hawaiian Islands and belonged to several tribes. In 1778, the British navigator James Cook first discovered the Hawaiian Islands. In 1795, Hawaiian Chief Kamehameha unified the entire Hawaiian Islands with the support of the British and established the Kingdom of Hawaii. Because of the admiration of British culture, the chief of Kamehameha painted the flag like a British flag, and the flag of the Kingdom of Hawaii evolved into the current state of the state of Hawaii. After the death of Kamehameha, his son inherited the throne and emulated the Western constitutional monarchy. In the mid-19th century, the United Kingdom and France had a dispute over the sovereignty of Hawaii. Because the two sides were not arguing, no one had swallowed Hawaii. The Hawaiian kingdom has therefore remained independent, but the penetration of the powers against Hawaii has not stopped, especially the two later. The United States and Japan.
As a maritime country, the Japanese attach great importance to Hawaii, and they believe that Hawaii is the main strategic fulcrum of Japan’s eastward advancement. The Japanese want to dominate the Pacific Ocean and want to expand east. They must win Hawaii. In order to control Hawaii, the Japanese continue to immigrate to Hawaii. At the beginning of the 20th century, the proportion of Japanese in Hawaii has reached more than 40%, more than the indigenous people of Hawaii, and is the largest ethnic group in Hawaii. However, just as the Japanese were complacent and thought they were about to occupy Hawaii, the Americans swayed and let the Japanese dreams burst. In fact, Americans have long been active in Hawaii and have a strong influence in Hawaii. As early as the 1930s, Americans took the missionary as a pioneer and sneaked into Hawaii to continue to infiltrate Hawaii. In 1849, the United States and Hawaii signed a friendship treaty. In 1871, the Treaty of Commerce and Trade was signed, and in 1880, it was granted permission to build a military port in Pearl Harbor. This is how the Americans gradually strengthened their influence in Hawaii step by step and stood out among the powers of the powers.
For the penetration of Americans, Hawaiians are naturally unwilling to submit, they have undergone a fierce boycott, trying to get rid of Americans. control. But how the Americans will give up the fat of their mouths, facing the Japanese step by step and the increasingly fierce resistance of the Hawaiians, the Americans decided to start with strength. In 1893, the US government instigated local Americans to launch a coup, banned the Queen of Liliu Kalani, and established the so-called "Republic of Hawaii." The behavior of Americans has undoubtedly angered the Japanese who have been thinking about Hawaii. The Japanese not only protested to the United States, but also sent warships to Hawaii to confront Americans. The relationship between the United States and Japan was suddenly tense. But it didn't take long for the Sino-Japanese War to break out. Because the Japanese were busy with the war of the Qing government and had no time to take care of Hawaii, and they were in desperate need of American support, they admitted to the fact that the United States controlled Hawaii. In 1898, the United States officially annexed Hawaii and placed Hawaii under US jurisdiction. However, the Japanese have always been worried about the annexation of Hawaii by the Americans. They have always been obsessed with Hawaii, so before the Pacific War, the Japanese had been clamoring to recapture Hawaii.
On December 7, 1941, the Japanese sneaked into Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, and hit the US Pacific Fleet. Subsequently, the Japanese made plans to capture Hawaii, but this plan has not yet had time to implement, Japan lost to the US Navy in Midway, Japan's plan to recapture Hawaii has become a bubble. After the end of World War II, Japan was defeated and became the American eagle dog, and naturally no longer dared to play the idea of Hawaii. However, in the hearts of the Japanese, they still have deep feelings for Hawaii. Hawaii is still an important destination for Japanese immigrants and tourists, and is an important overseas settlement for Japanese people. Today, on the streets of Hawaii, Japanese people can be seen everywhere, and the Japanese have actually “occupied” Hawaii.
References: "Hawaii", "How the United States Acquires Hawaii", "History of Hawaii", "Hawaii Japanese Immigrants in History and Culture"
- In the previous：Where did Zhang Zuolin’s “aircraft carrier” come from, and where did he go last?
- The next article：Old photos: Wuhan, 1874, photographed by the Russians
Guess you like
- 2018-12-04"Huguang Governor" and "Governor Governor", who is higher? Which one is more powerful?
- 2018-11-18Is there a possible treasure map in Jin Yong's martial arts?
- 2018-11-14Why are the more powerful military generals unable to gain the trust of Chiang Kai-shek?
- 2018-11-01Who in the Qing Dynasty clan has a princely title? What level is the prince?
- 2018-10-24Old photos of Shanghai at the end of the Qing Dynasty and the early Republic of China: there are still backward slums under prosperous times
- 2018-09-27During World War II, why did the US military not directly throw the atomic bomb at Tokyo, Japan?
- 2018-09-17Liu Zongmin broke Li Zicheng's big event. Why did Li Zi become Liu Zongmin?
- 2018-09-04Old photo: Real video record of the Nationalist Army of the People's Liberation Army
- 2018-08-30By dragging Wu Wang and Wu Sangui to death, you can avoid the chaos of "seven countries, three shackles"?
- 2018-08-05Three Chinese who have visited the United States and caused a sensation
- Is there a possible treasure map in Jin Yong's martial arts?
- Why are the more powerful military generals unable to gain the trust of Chiang Kai-shek?
- Old photos of Japanese invasion of China: Hell empty demons in Nanjing
- Which of the governors of Shaanxi and Gansu and the governor of Shandong is even more powerful?
- How high is the Empress Dowager Cixi?
- The most comical rebellion in history: being defeated in the country and running to a neighboring country
- Why is Zhu Changzhen a king of the Ming Dynasty who is not worthy of sympathy?
- The Soviet Union on the eve of World War II: the wind and rain come, the people live and work in peace
- In the Southern Anhui Incident, the most powerful division of the National Army, a brigade commander was killed by a brigade commander, and lost more than half.
- The nobleness of history, the crown of the six palaces, but why not live forever? the reason is simple