Emperor's gang in the late Qing Dynasty: the new store opened to receive silver 10 two2018-11-19 20:25:43 96 ℃
At the foot of the Qing Dynasty, the most majestic place, it is inevitable that there is the most humble person - hehe. During the late Qing Dynasty, the country's power declined and the society was withered. The number of monks in the capital was more than before. According to the survey data of foreigners in China, in 1878, the number of Beijing baboons has exceeded 20,000.
There are so many embarrassing rumors in Beijing that they are independent social systems, organized and disciplined, which is what we usually call "gangs."
After the night.
The "gang" is called "Shantou". He is responsible for managing the public and making rules, delineating the areas for each person, and not infringing each other's territory. I want to take out a certain percentage of the daily begging income (generally no more than 20%) and give it to Shantou. If there is a sickness or death, Shantou is responsible for giving a pension or arranging an aftereffect.
The Houmen Bridge outside Beijing's Di'anmen Square in the late Qing Dynasty is a prosperous business district, and as a result, there are many professional shackles, and people laugh at it as “Zhenqiao Hou”. They are thin and thin, all day at the bridge, asking for money from passing pedestrians. This place is close to the commander's commander, and we don't steal it.
The night near Beijing’s Di’anmen.
However, the main source of income for “gangbangs” is not to ask for change on the roadside, but to ask for “reward” from shops and wealthy households.
Every day, you will be rewarded with stores in your own sphere of influence, usually two or five copper plates. He does not directly say that he wants money, but sings a little song. "Take your hand up and hold the drum to make it flat, that is, the secret of the money." In order to clean up the front door, the owner will give the money with great pain, so I will leave quickly.
There is a kind of hard-working shop owner who refuses to give money. What will happen? Can only say that the owner will have some trouble. I will recruit my own accomplices and put the shops around. They don't shout, don't fight, don't fight, just stand quietly in front of the store. Even so, which customer do you dare to come in? Do you still do your business?
Beijing in the late Qing Dynasty.
At this point, the owner can only solve the problem by simply giving money. He must ask someone to find a gimmick and ask for mercy, and thousands of copper plates can be settled.
If a new store opens, you have to prepare a very good red envelope. In 1906, a medium-sized shop opened for business and needed to pay 10 yuan to the "gang". For the larger size of the store, the cost of the payment will be more.
When a wealthy family holds a wedding or a funeral, the "gang" will also come to the door to assess the property of the family and then charge a certain amount of money. In this case, very few people do not give it.
Beijing in the late Qing Dynasty.
The above is a career. In the late Qing Dynasty, the emperors also shed a group of monks who came to Beijing because of wars and famines in their hometowns. They used the flyover as a gathering point and pursued the wrap. Once the disaster in their hometown passed, they returned to return to their old business.
The late Qing court had no choice but to evict the 20,000 people, and they could not expel them from Beijing or provide them with relief. Therefore, the commander of the army that manages the imperial security of the imperial concubine has closed one eye, as long as there is no excessive action, no matter what.
Reference: Xu Wei, "Qing Fei Class Notes", Sidney Gambo "Beijing Social Survey"
Guess you like
- 2018-12-04"Huguang Governor" and "Governor Governor", who is higher? Which one is more powerful?
- 2018-11-18Is there a possible treasure map in Jin Yong's martial arts?
- 2018-11-14Why are the more powerful military generals unable to gain the trust of Chiang Kai-shek?
- 2018-11-01Who in the Qing Dynasty clan has a princely title? What level is the prince?
- 2018-10-24Old photos of Shanghai at the end of the Qing Dynasty and the early Republic of China: there are still backward slums under prosperous times
- 2018-09-27During World War II, why did the US military not directly throw the atomic bomb at Tokyo, Japan?
- 2018-09-17Liu Zongmin broke Li Zicheng's big event. Why did Li Zi become Liu Zongmin?
- 2018-09-04Old photo: Real video record of the Nationalist Army of the People's Liberation Army
- 2018-08-30By dragging Wu Wang and Wu Sangui to death, you can avoid the chaos of "seven countries, three shackles"?
- 2018-08-05Three Chinese who have visited the United States and caused a sensation
- Is there a possible treasure map in Jin Yong's martial arts?
- Why are the more powerful military generals unable to gain the trust of Chiang Kai-shek?
- Old photos of Japanese invasion of China: Hell empty demons in Nanjing
- Which of the governors of Shaanxi and Gansu and the governor of Shandong is even more powerful?
- How high is the Empress Dowager Cixi?
- The most comical rebellion in history: being defeated in the country and running to a neighboring country
- Why is Zhu Changzhen a king of the Ming Dynasty who is not worthy of sympathy?
- The Soviet Union on the eve of World War II: the wind and rain come, the people live and work in peace
- In the Southern Anhui Incident, the most powerful division of the National Army, a brigade commander was killed by a brigade commander, and lost more than half.
- The nobleness of history, the crown of the six palaces, but why not live forever? the reason is simple