After Japan’s attack on Pearl Harbor, Americans suddenly discovered that the Chinese were so good.2018-12-12 00:25:55 92 ℃
The Second World War brought major changes to the Chinese in the United States. In the decades before, the Chinese have been ravaged in the United States, especially in California, which was once the center of hostile Chinese in the United States. China first came to California with the gold rush, and later participated in the construction of the railway across the American continent, but the public sentiment quickly targeted the Chinese. (Chinese people don’t write “I am Chinese” badge on their clothes to distinguish them from Japanese.) In the 1970s, employment competition and economic depression caused Racial discrimination against Chinese, in the end in 1882 introduced the "Chinese Exclusion Act" against Chinese immigrants, suspended Chinese immigrants, can be said to be full of malicious. Chinese in the United States have to live in Chinatown and become a minority group surrounded and segregated by American society. On December 7, 1941, Japan changed all of this after attacking Pearl Harbor. (On December 15, 1941, the Chinese restaurant's female boss Ruth Lee hangs a flag on Miami Beach to avoid being mistaken for the Japanese) US Pacific Fleet Base Pearl Harbor After being attacked by the Japanese army, the United States’ views on China and the Chinese in the United States have changed. In the eyes of the Americans, China has also changed from the former "Sick Man of East Asia" to its important ally in the war against Japan. In the eyes of the Americans, the Chinese are no longer "infidels" but trustworthy friends. In 1943, a US congressman said: "If there is no Pearl Harbor incident on December 7, the United States may never know how good the Chinese are." (Chinese clothes say "I am Chinese, please don't be a person." Japanese") Affected by both fear and anger, the Chinese in the United States also tried to distinguish themselves from the Japanese as much as possible and proved that they won the war against the United States. It has an inseparable effect. A few days after the Pearl Harbor time, the Chinese Consulate in San Francisco began to issue Chinese identity cards. The Chinese in the United States also began to wear badges indicating their identity, which read the words "I am Chinese." In order to show the Chinese people's loyalty to the American society, anti-Japanese rhetoric and various fierce claims have also been published in Chinese journals in the United States. Although there was some pan-Asian unity at the time, it was by no means the mainstream. Because Japan’s aggression against China has already angered the Chinese, the patriotism of the Chinese in the United States and the strong desire of the Chinese to become American patriots in the American society have made them naturally stand with the Americans. With the exception of a few people, the Chinese community turned a blind eye to the US detention policy against Japanese. In fact, Chinese journals also made a lot of publicity about Japanese treason against the United States in the United States during this period or may help Japan. The Japanese were placed in detention camps and actually provided Chinese with an opportunity to improve their economic and social status. Chinese businessmen were able to enter and take over the previous Japanese companies. When the Japanese were dismissed from the farm by the Americans, the US Employment Service issued an appeal to replace the former Japanese with Chinese. The Second World War was an important opportunity for Chinese to gain economic and social status in mainstream American society. Of course, the change in the perception of Chinese people in the United States is also very important. However, when the end of the Second World War, the Americans’ closeness to the Chinese soon disappeared like a tide. Because the world soon entered the Cold War, Americans began to guard against the Chinese. Many of the rights granted to the Chinese in the Second World War due to the Japanese attack were quickly recovered.
Guess you like
- 2019-01-13The first injustice case of the National College Entrance Examination in China: the first champion was killed, the examiner was exiled, and the top 51 scores were all abolished.
- 2018-12-04"Huguang Governor" and "Governor Governor", who is higher? Which one is more powerful?
- 2018-11-18Is there a possible treasure map in Jin Yong's martial arts?
- 2018-11-14Why are the more powerful military generals unable to gain the trust of Chiang Kai-shek?
- 2018-11-01Who in the Qing Dynasty clan has a princely title? What level is the prince?
- 2018-10-24Old photos of Shanghai at the end of the Qing Dynasty and the early Republic of China: there are still backward slums under prosperous times
- 2018-09-27During World War II, why did the US military not directly throw the atomic bomb at Tokyo, Japan?
- 2018-09-17Liu Zongmin broke Li Zicheng's big event. Why did Li Zi become Liu Zongmin?
- 2018-09-04Old photo: Real video record of the Nationalist Army of the People's Liberation Army
- 2018-08-30By dragging Wu Wang and Wu Sangui to death, you can avoid the chaos of "seven countries, three shackles"?
- Is there a possible treasure map in Jin Yong's martial arts?
- Why are the more powerful military generals unable to gain the trust of Chiang Kai-shek?
- Old photos of Japanese invasion of China: Hell empty demons in Nanjing
- Which of the governors of Shaanxi and Gansu and the governor of Shandong is even more powerful?
- How high is the Empress Dowager Cixi?
- The most comical rebellion in history: being defeated in the country and running to a neighboring country
- Why is Zhu Changzhen a king of the Ming Dynasty who is not worthy of sympathy?
- The Soviet Union on the eve of World War II: the wind and rain come, the people live and work in peace
- In the Southern Anhui Incident, the most powerful division of the National Army, a brigade commander was killed by a brigade commander, and lost more than half.
- The nobleness of history, the crown of the six palaces, but why not live forever? the reason is simple