The failure of the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom was doomed at the moment of the Northern Expedition.2019-01-22 17:30:44 56 ℃
Dingdu, the Tianping Heavenly Kingdom dispatched two troops to carry out the Western Expedition and the Northern Expedition respectively. Among them, the Western Expeditionary Army went up the Yangtze River and fought with Zeng Guofan's Hunan Army (ao) in Jiangxi, Anhui and Hubei. The Northern Expeditionary Army set out from Nanjing, passed through Jiangsu, Anhui, Henan, Shanxi and Zhili, and finally hit Tianjin, shaking the Qing Dynasty's ruling center. The Northern Expedition of the Taiping Army was a major military operation, which took place from the Yangtze River Valley to the Yellow River valley, running through five provinces, and almost toppled the throne of the Emperor Xianfeng. But in fact, the Northern Expedition of the Taiping Army was doomed to failure from the very beginning, and even the fate of the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom was revealed in the military operations of the Northern Expedition. The purpose of the Northern Expedition of the Taiping Army was very simple: "to drive Yandu without corruption". It is undoubtedly very correct to "drive Yandu out in a hurry". The two hostile regimes confront each other from the north to the south. If you don't kill him, he will kill you. Moreover, as a new force, the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom resisted the decadent and declining Qing Dynasty, which was also a progress of the society. Let us see the hope. However, the aim of the Northern Expedition was to "seize land without greed", which made us extremely disappointed. We also deeply felt that the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom was just "mixing bowls of rice and getting a few more nuns" and could not undertake the task of overthrowing the Manchu and Qing Dynasties at all. Since you can't overthrow him, he will surely suppress you in the end, so the failure of the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom is inevitable.
The purpose of "seizing land without greed" is to strengthen "driving Yandu out rapidly", that is, to hit Yandu, don't care about the city pool along the way. If you link the two sentences together, you brothers of the Northern Expeditionary Army, just hit Yandu all the way, and don't be dragged by the city along the way. Of course, you can add a sentence after that: Bring me the jade seal (xi) of Xianfeng, the demon king of Qing Dynasty.
Without a solid rear base, can Huanglong really be directly attacked? It can be seen that Hong Xiuquan's idea is so naive. In his eyes, revolution is really a dinner party. At that time, no matter Hong Xiuquan or other leaders of the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom, they were satisfied by the Jinyi Yuyi and Erniang in Nanjing. Their vision was limited to the narrow area of Nanjing. The other expeditions, whether in the Western Expedition or the Northern Expedition, were to ensure that they could "seal the king and the bride of the forehead". The Northern Expedition of the Taiping Army also showed its naivety in many places because of the naivety of the high-level strategy. Although Lin Fengxiang and Li Kaifang are both the top generals of the Taiping Army, they can only be regarded as "provincial and ministerial" ranks in the Taiping Army, and they are extremely asymmetric in undertaking such heavy tasks as "destroying the enemy's regime". When Qin Shihuang attacked the Huns, he sent Prince Hu Su and Mengtan as "deputy state ranks". When Emperor Wudi of Han attacked the Huns in the north, he attacked Wei Qing and Huo Qubing as pillars. Zhuge Liang's expedition to the north of the Central Plains was his own expedition. Zhao Zilong was close behind him. When Zhu Yuanzhang's expedition to the north, he dispatched Xu Da, the first general, who often met with the help of the
These people all know that destroying the other party's regime is not a general war, so they dispatch a number of pillars and pillars, and the force is particularly large, almost overwhelming. On the contrary, the Taiping Army, with a force of 20,000 troops in each area, has a feeling of "mud cattle into the sea" - - although it can stir up for a while, it is eventually submerged.
The Pacific Army of the Northern Expedition was very brave in battle. It attacked the Qing Army severely many times, but it did not occupy the city along the way, enlarge the army resources and never set up a rear base. Therefore, after the transition from Shanxi to Zhili, the front of the army was weak and lost its former edge. It was totally dependent on the "life for life" and the Qing Army stalemate.
The serious consequence of "expelling Yandu with disease" is that when the Northern Expeditionary Army was besieged in Tianjin, it should send reinforcements from Nanjing. It is no wonder that we have not established a rear base in several provinces and failed. More regrettably, after the defeat of the Northern Expedition Army, Hong Xiuquan and others were still "living in the deep palace" and were soon besieged by the Jiangnan Camp, Jiangbei Camp and Hunan Army.
Although relying on the bravery of the front-line generals, the leaders of the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom have been "living in the deep palace, shrinking from Nanjing" for a long time, even without the Tianjing Incident, failure is inevitable.
- In the previous：How strong are Shandong people fighting?
- The next article：Liu Bei lost up to 50,000 people in the battle of Yiling. Why did Shuhan fail?
Guess you like
- 2019-02-18The first time that the Forbidden City opened its ticketing website to the public in the evening collapsed at zero!
- 2019-01-31Okamura Ningci's most headached Eighth Route Army generals used axes to chop down the emperor's cousin
- 2019-01-13The first injustice case of the National College Entrance Examination in China: the first champion was killed, the examiner was exiled, and the top 51 scores were all abolished.
- 2018-12-04"Huguang Governor" and "Governor Governor", who is higher? Which one is more powerful?
- 2018-11-18Is there a possible treasure map in Jin Yong's martial arts?
- 2018-11-14Why are the more powerful military generals unable to gain the trust of Chiang Kai-shek?
- 2018-11-01Who in the Qing Dynasty clan has a princely title? What level is the prince?
- 2018-10-24Old photos of Shanghai at the end of the Qing Dynasty and the early Republic of China: there are still backward slums under prosperous times
- 2018-09-27During World War II, why did the US military not directly throw the atomic bomb at Tokyo, Japan?
- 2018-09-17Liu Zongmin broke Li Zicheng's big event. Why did Li Zi become Liu Zongmin?
- Why is it so easy for Zhao Kuangxu to launch Chen Qiao Mutiny?
- Does the Lantern Festival Palace Museum open this year? See you tomorrow.
- How do the Gulf people evaluate the Communist Party? You can't imagine the answer!
- Is there a possible treasure map in Jin Yong's martial arts?
- Why are the more powerful military generals unable to gain the trust of Chiang Kai-shek?
- Old photos of Japanese invasion of China: Hell empty demons in Nanjing
- Which of the governors of Shaanxi and Gansu and the governor of Shandong is even more powerful?
- How high is the Empress Dowager Cixi?
- The most comical rebellion in history: being defeated in the country and running to a neighboring country
- Why is Zhu Changzhen a king of the Ming Dynasty who is not worthy of sympathy?