It's also a pirate. Why is Somalia different?2019-02-18 18:32:51 55 ℃
Speaking of pirates, I'm afraid that the first thing many people think of is Jack Sparrow on the Black Pearl or Edward Titch on the Queen Anne's Revenge, and the least of all is Monkey D. Luffy on the Wanli Sunshine. Those sea warlords with hooks on their hands, black eyes and limping on their feet represent brave adventures and fearless struggles. In fact, pirates have become an important element of popular culture and a hero and are remembered by people because of the tremendous influence they brought to mankind in the era of great navigation. But in recent years, a very negative term has appeared in our vision, that is, Somali pirates who specialize in hijacking ships, kidnapping hostages and ferocious acts.
Somali pirates have a long history. They are well known only in the last decade. Their rampant large-scale activities began around 1991. The reason is because of the war. In 1986, a rebellion broke out in Somalia, which led to a protracted civil war. Everyone in East Africa knows that the civil war in Somalia has lasted for twenty or thirty years, either warlords or autocratic governments. During this period, there are several people who dominate and several people who dominate. That is a complex faction. It wasn't long before many forces that coveted Somalia's abundant resources began to intervene, such as the United States and Ethiopia, which he supported, and al-Qaida. Because of the numerous local forces, the low level of education, and the complex religious reasons, no one can effectively control the situation, the small Somali chaos is a pot of porridge.
All wars have motives and purposes. In the war of consumption for more than 30 years, those warlords have to have some sources of funds, so-called "depending on mountains and water to eat water". Somalia has a unique geographical advantage over most other African countries: the Gulf of Aden. You can see the map of the world. The Gulf of Aden is the key passageway between the Arabian Sea and the Red Sea. It is the only way for the Indian Ocean to reach the Mediterranean Sea. Its position is almost the same as that of the Suez Canal. Every year, numerous merchant ships and cargo ships travel between the Gulf, which is not only a busy section of international trade, but also an important transit point for Persian Gulf oil. This place is a hotbed for piracy, so it is called "Pirate Port".
Under the circumstances of continuous internal chaos in Somalia, which is neither alive nor under control, going to sea to be a bandit is the best and almost the only way out. Anyway, the guns in the hand are beaten indiscriminately at home, as they are beaten indiscriminately at sea. Because many of these pirates are semi-regular troops who have experienced hundreds of wars, they are not only strong in fighting, but also very advanced in weaponry and equipment. Some groups even have satellite positioning weapons. It's easy for these bandits to attack unprepared merchant ships or unarmed cruise ships, so piracy is rampant in those three-way areas, and as a "mobile crime" group, it's almost impossible to fight, and no one can enter the territory of other countries to "enforce the law".
Contrary to the rumored killing image, Somali pirates generally do not shoot easily because they are looking for money, not ships or cargo. This is essentially different from the traditional pirates in the past. Ships and cargo are of no use to them. They rob oil and do not add cars. Raw materials will not be processed. Even a whole ship of Apple computers will be stolen and sold to whoever? So the main "business" of Somali pirates is kidnapping and extortion. After they control the ship and take hostages, they contact the registered country or the owner of the ship. Of course, sometimes they contact the hostage's family to extort ransom. The amount is usually not too large. After all, they have to mix up for a long time instead of buying and selling with one hammer.
The hijacked vessel, after all, the businessman is still a stable person, but the amount is not large anyway, just to keep a few million safe. In addition, the so-called cargo ships and passenger ships, many times due to legal and trade reasons, can not be equipped with too much armed, always can not go out with guns, to the place to throw quickly, it is too expensive. So even when piracy is most rampant, they can only send convoys to escort ships sailing through the Gulf of Aden. There is no need and no legal basis to exterminate these pirates. Of course, there are exceptions to everything. When you meet a fierce man like Putin, you don't need a reason to do it many times.
So what exactly is the organization of Somali pirates? You don't need to look at what "guard" and "sailor" these leaders give themselves. They look like a group of ruthless destroyers. Although they are known as pirates, what they do is actually "mountain robbers" and "bandits". It's not the same thing as pirates in the traditional sense. In the era of great navigation, the heroes of the sea, black beard or Drake, whose purpose is nothing more than to plunder property, often "open the net" to the crew, and strictly abide by a series of professional ethics stipulated in the "Piracy Code".The so-called "Code of Piracy" is a 1000-page piracy code written by the great pirates Morgan and Barcelona in the classical era. These codes are the "blood lessons" that pirates have learned during their centuries of plundering. For example, the pirate ships generally adhere to the democratic system strictly. The captain is elected by the votes of the crew, and there are very detailed rules for the emergency succession of the captain, which is exactly the same as the Election Bill of the President of the United States. Many people may not have imagined that the Pirate Code had racial discrimination clauses hundreds of years ago. On a pirate ship, crews of any colour, even lower-class sailors of slave origin, had equal voting rights. The Code also has strict rules on the distribution of property. The captain, chief officer, steersman, sailor and so on have a fixed proportion of distribution. In addition, there are many rules, such as the pirate ship can not have women and children and so on. Edward Titchie, the big pirate black beard once said: "Code is supreme".
These mob in Somalia do not understand and abide by the classical piracy code, and a group of people who do not abide by the code is strictly unfit for the name of "piracy".
Guess you like
- 2019-03-01"The Queen of Solitary Solitude" is broadcasting the real solitary Gallo in history.
- 2019-02-18The first time that the Forbidden City opened its ticketing website to the public in the evening collapsed at zero!
- 2019-01-31Okamura Ningci's most headached Eighth Route Army generals used axes to chop down the emperor's cousin
- 2019-01-13The first injustice case of the National College Entrance Examination in China: the first champion was killed, the examiner was exiled, and the top 51 scores were all abolished.
- 2018-12-04"Huguang Governor" and "Governor Governor", who is higher? Which one is more powerful?
- 2018-11-18Is there a possible treasure map in Jin Yong's martial arts?
- 2018-11-14Why are the more powerful military generals unable to gain the trust of Chiang Kai-shek?
- 2018-11-01Who in the Qing Dynasty clan has a princely title? What level is the prince?
- 2018-10-24Old photos of Shanghai at the end of the Qing Dynasty and the early Republic of China: there are still backward slums under prosperous times
- 2018-09-27During World War II, why did the US military not directly throw the atomic bomb at Tokyo, Japan?
- "The Queen of Solitary Solitude" is broadcasting the real solitary Gallo in history.
- The U.S. Army fired 1.9 million shells but could not destroy the volunteer line in Shangganling
- Why is it so easy for Zhao Kuangxu to launch Chen Qiao Mutiny?
- Does the Lantern Festival Palace Museum open this year? See you tomorrow.
- How do the Gulf people evaluate the Communist Party? You can't imagine the answer!
- Is there a possible treasure map in Jin Yong's martial arts?
- Why are the more powerful military generals unable to gain the trust of Chiang Kai-shek?
- Old photos of Japanese invasion of China: Hell empty demons in Nanjing
- Which of the governors of Shaanxi and Gansu and the governor of Shandong is even more powerful?
- How high is the Empress Dowager Cixi?