Why did Tang Taizong think that the pro-occupation of Koguryo was a failure?2019-02-18 18:32:54 257 ℃
In the eighteenth year of Zhenguan (644), Emperor Taizong of the Tang Dynasty conscribed Koguryo. From the military point of view, Taizong of Tang Dynasty won a brilliant victory in his own march against Koguryo, commanding 150,000 elite Tang troops to defeat more than 300,000 Koguryo troops, capturing countless and almost wiping out the main force of Koguryo.
But it is strange that Tang Taizong, who had won a great battle, believed that the conscription of Koguryo was a major failure after his accession to the throne. Some shameless people even described the conscription of Koguryo as "black history" like flies. What's going on here?
First of all, although the military victory was achieved, Tang Taizong's conscription of Koguryo did not achieve the strategic goal. Tang Taizong was an emperor with very strict requirements. Even if he won the battle, he would not blow the war that failed to achieve his goal into "perfect martial arts".
Secondly, Xuanling, a famous Xiangfang, once commented that the conscription of Koguryo by Emperor Taizong of Tang Dynasty was "small and harmful", which was also the general view of the ministers of the Tang Dynasty at that time. Tang Taizong was an emperor who attached great importance to ministers'opinions. Naturally, he agreed that his Eastern Expedition was a failed war.
Finally, similar to Emperor Yangdi of Sui Dynasty, Taizong of Tang Dynasty also wanted to destroy Koguryo. However, unlike Emperor Yangdi of Sui Dynasty, Taizong of Tang Dynasty, after his first failure to conscript Koguryo for nothing, did not pretend to be wrong or taboo medical treatment, but decided to face up to his shortcomings and sum up his experience and lessons.p> In order to make ministers speak freely about the question of the expedition of Koguryo, Emperor Taizong of the Tang Dynasty showed the court that the expedition of Koguryo was a failure by remembering the Wei Zheng. The Minister of Tang Taizong did find the right way, which laid the foundation for Gaozong to eliminate Gaogouli later.
- In the previous：It's also a pirate. Why is Somalia different?
- The next article：How many countries did the Ottoman Empire break up into? Amazing quantity
Guess you like
- 2019-08-07The Jade Emperor’s banquet will eat the dragon liver. Why does the Dragon King not resist? Xiao Bailong unveiled the answer
- 2019-04-25The different landscapes of Sochi, a Soviet resort in 1988
- 2019-04-01The only person who was framed by Cao Cao and Liu Bei, the two great warlords, did not know whether it was glory or sorrow.
- 2019-03-01"The Queen of Solitary Solitude" is broadcasting the real solitary Gallo in history.
- 2019-02-18The first time that the Forbidden City opened its ticketing website to the public in the evening collapsed at zero!
- 2019-01-31Okamura Ningci's most headached Eighth Route Army generals used axes to chop down the emperor's cousin
- 2019-01-13The first injustice case of the National College Entrance Examination in China: the first champion was killed, the examiner was exiled, and the top 51 scores were all abolished.
- 2018-12-04"Huguang Governor" and "Governor Governor", who is higher? Which one is more powerful?
- 2018-11-18Is there a possible treasure map in Jin Yong's martial arts?
- 2018-11-14Why are the more powerful military generals unable to gain the trust of Chiang Kai-shek?
- Why are the 2500 islands of the Aegean Sea mostly Greek and rarely Turkish?
- "The Queen of Solitary Solitude" is broadcasting the real solitary Gallo in history.
- The U.S. Army fired 1.9 million shells but could not destroy the volunteer line in Shangganling
- Why is it so easy for Zhao Kuangxu to launch Chen Qiao Mutiny?
- Does the Lantern Festival Palace Museum open this year? See you tomorrow.
- How do the Gulf people evaluate the Communist Party? You can't imagine the answer!
- Is there a possible treasure map in Jin Yong's martial arts?
- Why are the more powerful military generals unable to gain the trust of Chiang Kai-shek?
- Old photos of Japanese invasion of China: Hell empty demons in Nanjing
- Which of the governors of Shaanxi and Gansu and the governor of Shandong is even more powerful?