How many countries did the Ottoman Empire break up into? Amazing quantity2019-02-18 18:32:55 283 ℃
In the history of the world, there have been many big powers. In addition to Rome, there is the Ottoman Empire, the country once exceeded 5.5 million square kilometers! So why did this country perish? What countries did it split into today after its demise?Ottoman
The names of European countries are not as fixed as those of Chinese dynasties. For example, the name of the Ottoman Empire is derived from the founder of Ottoman. Ottoman is a Turkish people, whose ancestors have lived in the Am River basin for generations. In the 13th century, Mongolians invaded the West and Turkey was forced to relocate to the Sultanate of Roma. In 1299, the Roma Sudan was partially divided and the country was in chaos. The Turks, led by Ottoman, declared their independence, which was the predecessor of the Ottoman Turkish Empire.
It should be said that the descendants of Osman, especially his son Olhan I, have embarked on the road of military expansion. He first occupied most of the territory of the Sultanate of Roma, and later conquered Western Thrace, Macedonia, Sofia, Salonika, Greece, Serbia, Bulgaria, Hungary and other countries. At that time, the Byzantine Empire of the Eastern Roman Empire was a huge monster, but the Ottoman Empire royal family successfully tripped the Eastern Roman Empire and ended the Byzantine rule through many skills. Through the continuous efforts of generations, the Ottoman Empire covers three continents: Asia, Europe and Africa. It occupies most of the territory of the Balkans, the Middle East and North Africa, reaches the Strait of Gibraltar in the west, reaches the Caspian Sea and Persian Gulf in the east, Austria and Slovenia in the north, Sudan and Yemen in the South and nowadays, with a total area of 5.5 million square kilometers and a population of 23.8 million.
However, because of excessive expansion, it also left a hidden danger for the demise of the Ottoman Empire.subjects
The main causes of Osman's demise are as follows.
< p > < p > 1. Extreme expansion, the contradictions among different nationalities in China are relatively large, leaving hidden dangers.
2. The rise of Western Europe and the advent of the era of great navigation have led to the colonization of Asia and the acquisition of innumerable wealth. Originally, people could reach Asia by land, but the Ottoman Empire blocked land transportation, so the Western European powers began to hate the Ottoman Empire. Western European countries bypass Turkey's trade monopoly and establish their sea routes to Asia. The influx of silver from the New World led to the devaluation and inflation of Turkish currency, which had a serious negative impact on all sectors of Turkish society and increased domestic contradictions. < p > < p > 4. Ottoman and Russia fought endless wars for the Mediterranean, and finally Turkey was defeated.
But it was World War I that overwhelmed the Ottoman Empire. During the First World War, the Ottoman Empire joined the Allies and established allied camps with Germany, Austria-Hungary and other countries, the other side being Britain, France, Russia, Italy and the United States. Finally, the Allies failed and the Ottoman Empire collapsed. After World War I,Map
, the various separatist forces in the Ottoman Empire became independent and became a new country.
On November 1, 1922, the system of Sudan was abolished, and Mohammed VI, the last monarch of the Ottoman Empire, left Turkey on November 17. The Treaty of Lausanne signed by the newly established Turkish Grand National Assembly in 1923 has been recognized internationally. On October 29, 1923, the Republic of Turkey was founded. On March 3, 1924, the Harifa system was abolished. The Ottoman royal family was classified as undesirable and deported. So far, the Ottoman Empire has been completely destroyed and 40 new countries have been built on its territory, namely Turkey, Hungary, Bulgaria, Albania, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Greece, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Jordan, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, Yemen, Egypt and Libya. Asia, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco and so on. [References: Exploration of the Reasons for the Prosperity of the Ottoman Empire and History of the Territorial Change of the Ottoman Empire] (Author: Daily Chinese Characters)
Guess you like
- 2019-08-07The Jade Emperor’s banquet will eat the dragon liver. Why does the Dragon King not resist? Xiao Bailong unveiled the answer
- 2019-04-25The different landscapes of Sochi, a Soviet resort in 1988
- 2019-04-01The only person who was framed by Cao Cao and Liu Bei, the two great warlords, did not know whether it was glory or sorrow.
- 2019-03-01"The Queen of Solitary Solitude" is broadcasting the real solitary Gallo in history.
- 2019-02-18The first time that the Forbidden City opened its ticketing website to the public in the evening collapsed at zero!
- 2019-01-31Okamura Ningci's most headached Eighth Route Army generals used axes to chop down the emperor's cousin
- 2019-01-13The first injustice case of the National College Entrance Examination in China: the first champion was killed, the examiner was exiled, and the top 51 scores were all abolished.
- 2018-12-04"Huguang Governor" and "Governor Governor", who is higher? Which one is more powerful?
- 2018-11-18Is there a possible treasure map in Jin Yong's martial arts?
- 2018-11-14Why are the more powerful military generals unable to gain the trust of Chiang Kai-shek?
- Why are the 2500 islands of the Aegean Sea mostly Greek and rarely Turkish?
- "The Queen of Solitary Solitude" is broadcasting the real solitary Gallo in history.
- The U.S. Army fired 1.9 million shells but could not destroy the volunteer line in Shangganling
- Why is it so easy for Zhao Kuangxu to launch Chen Qiao Mutiny?
- Does the Lantern Festival Palace Museum open this year? See you tomorrow.
- How do the Gulf people evaluate the Communist Party? You can't imagine the answer!
- Is there a possible treasure map in Jin Yong's martial arts?
- Why are the more powerful military generals unable to gain the trust of Chiang Kai-shek?
- Old photos of Japanese invasion of China: Hell empty demons in Nanjing
- Which of the governors of Shaanxi and Gansu and the governor of Shandong is even more powerful?