The U.S. Army fired 1.9 million shells but could not destroy the volunteer line in Shangganling2019-03-01 15:47:21 1427 ℃
In the early morning of October 14, 1952, on the battlefield of resisting US aggression and aiding North Korea, the "United Nations Army" led by the US Army launched a mad attack on the volunteer positions stationed in Shangganling at the speed of six artillery shells per second. The Battle of Shangganling, which was called "Verdun in the Korean War" by the Associated Press in the United States, sounded in the earth-shaking sound of artillery shells.
At that time, the unparalleled U.S. military did not take this place into account at all. Indeed, there were only two 597.9 and 537.7 Northern Mountain plateaus in Shangganling, 3.7 square kilometers, with only two companies of volunteer troops stationed there. However, the fact is far from as simple as the U.S. military imagined. With the fierce fighting, the two sides continued to increase their troops to the Ganling area. In the end, the U.S. military used more than 60,000 people, fought for 43 days, dumped 1.9 million artillery shells, more than 5,000 air bombs, and lost the battle at a heavy cost of casualties and captured more than 25,000 people. Our volunteer army's Shangganling position was reduced to a full height at the main peak. Two meters, no grass left.
is still as immobile as steel defence. Our fighters were still on the stone walls of the fortress, writing five big words: Chinese here! Later, according to relevant statistics, there was no fighter plane of our own in the whole battle of Shangganling; our tanks had no record of participating in the battle; at most, our artillery was only one fourth of the enemy's artillery, only over forty areas. Ten thousand shells, and all of them were not used until later stage. In this way, the Shangganling Campaign indirectly became a well-equipped military power and a backward agricultural power, competing in will, quality and style.
Weapons and equipment are inferior to human beings. Our volunteers have skillfully utilized tunnel works and field works to build up a defensive system in depth. They have also explored a set of successful experience in battle in the future. As a result, the losses of Vietnam troops are smaller and the morale of officers and soldiers is higher in the subsequent battles. In the whole Shangganling Campaign, the 15th Army of 45,000 people attacked 12383 combat heroes at all levels, accounting for 27.5% of the total army. And emerged Qiu Shaoyun, Huang Jiguang, Sun Zhanyuan and other fighting heroes...
has been described in the History of War of Resistance Against America and Aid Korea as follows:
In the battle of Shangganling Mountains, it has become a very common phenomenon on the battlefield to pull out grenades, hand grenades, explosive barrels, explosive bags and the enemy to die together, to sacrifice oneself to explode enemy bunkers, and to block enemy gunholes, etc. This is our most lovely group of fighters who defend the dignity of a newly established country with their own broken bones. Our forefathers did not have any extravagance, did not give up the attack because of air support, did not complain that artillery firepower was insufficient, not to blame insufficient supplies, as long as the breath remained, they would fight to the end...
a bucket of water, a box of ammunition, an apple often have to sacrifice several lives and not necessarily deliver them, which is the ultimate victory in such a difficult environment. As Napoleon, the God of war, once said, "China is a sleeping lion, once it wakes up, the world will shake." This war has laid the North-South border of Korea. We have never encountered an attack on the scale of US battalions. The Korean war situation has stabilized on the 38th Front. For the first time, Americans regard China as one of the most powerful countries in the world. It is the first active counterattack launched by the Chinese nation against the Western powers in 300 years. In this regard, we might as well turn back to the year when ancient China entered the twentieth century. In 1901, 16000 people from the eight-nation coalition military region could drive straight into the capital of a country, wantonly burn and loot, and defeat hundreds of thousands of Qing defenders and the Qing State with 400 million people. Only half a century later, the West is facing the same poverty-stricken rivals, but we are facing a coalition of seventeen nations nearly a hundred times more than the eight coalition forces. As a result, in Changjin Lake, in Longyuan, in Songgufeng and in Datong River.In Shangganling, in the years of the War of Resistance Against America and Aid Korea, the young republic and a group of lovely people told the world with the blood of a million United Nations troops, "For centuries, the Western colonists only need to set up a few artillery on the eastern coastline to occupy a country's era is gone forever."
Guess you like
- 2019-08-07The Jade Emperor’s banquet will eat the dragon liver. Why does the Dragon King not resist? Xiao Bailong unveiled the answer
- 2019-04-25The different landscapes of Sochi, a Soviet resort in 1988
- 2019-04-01The only person who was framed by Cao Cao and Liu Bei, the two great warlords, did not know whether it was glory or sorrow.
- 2019-03-01"The Queen of Solitary Solitude" is broadcasting the real solitary Gallo in history.
- 2019-02-18The first time that the Forbidden City opened its ticketing website to the public in the evening collapsed at zero!
- 2019-01-31Okamura Ningci's most headached Eighth Route Army generals used axes to chop down the emperor's cousin
- 2019-01-13The first injustice case of the National College Entrance Examination in China: the first champion was killed, the examiner was exiled, and the top 51 scores were all abolished.
- 2018-12-04"Huguang Governor" and "Governor Governor", who is higher? Which one is more powerful?
- 2018-11-18Is there a possible treasure map in Jin Yong's martial arts?
- 2018-11-14Why are the more powerful military generals unable to gain the trust of Chiang Kai-shek?
- Why are the 2500 islands of the Aegean Sea mostly Greek and rarely Turkish?
- "The Queen of Solitary Solitude" is broadcasting the real solitary Gallo in history.
- The U.S. Army fired 1.9 million shells but could not destroy the volunteer line in Shangganling
- Why is it so easy for Zhao Kuangxu to launch Chen Qiao Mutiny?
- Does the Lantern Festival Palace Museum open this year? See you tomorrow.
- How do the Gulf people evaluate the Communist Party? You can't imagine the answer!
- Is there a possible treasure map in Jin Yong's martial arts?
- Why are the more powerful military generals unable to gain the trust of Chiang Kai-shek?
- Old photos of Japanese invasion of China: Hell empty demons in Nanjing
- Which of the governors of Shaanxi and Gansu and the governor of Shandong is even more powerful?