The girl's 25-year imprisonment with her mother for love has provoked outrage in France.2019-04-07 08:03:32 44 ℃
Imagine a beautiful young girl who had been imprisoned in a dark, mouldy attic for 25 years without sunshine, lights, air conditioning and heating systems. Her hands and feet were tied up, her body was naked, her food was leftovers, and her only friend was a rat stealing breadcrumbs.
Figure: The girl in the attic for 25 years
is even more shocking: the girl's "crime" is only for love, and the one who imprisons her is her biological mother. On the day of May 1901, the Attorney-General of Paris received an anonymous letter, in which he wrote, "Sir, I am honoured to inform you of a particularly serious situation: the wife of Monier Manor, who has imprisoned a man for the past two decades, hungry and living in a rotten and dirty house." The Minister of Justice was seriously disturbed by the contents of the letter and immediately sent the police to investigate it.
Picture: Mrs. Monnier, whose portrait is
anonymous letters and reports, is a respected Parisian aristocrat. Mrs. Monnier is 75 years old, widowed, has huge property and wealth. She enjoys a high reputation in Paris's upper class society for her love of charity, and even won community awards in recognition of her. A generous donation.
Mrs. Monier's son, Marcel, has excelled in school and is now a well-known lawyer. It is worth mentioning that many people remember that Mrs. Monnier has a little daughter, Blanche Monnier, who is known as "very beautiful, gentle and kind", but no one has seen her for more than 20 years.
Picture: The portrait of Blanche as a young woman
has a lot of secrets in the upper class society. It is common for young ladies to elope, marry illegitimately and even have eccentricities. Therefore, no one carefully considers this strange plot any more. The family has lived their noble life as if nothing ever happened. The police entered the manor and did not find any abnormalities until they noticed a foul smell coming from a small room in the attic and an iron lock on the door.
Realizing that something was wrong, the police broke the lock and broke into the room, unprepared for the horror they were about to witness.
The room was dark and the only window was closed behind the thick curtains. The room smelled so disgusting that the police could not breathe. A policeman jumped over and opened the window. When the sunlight came in, the policeman was shocked to see rotten food debris, feces and vomit scattered around the floor and the dilapidated bed. A middle-aged woman with ragged hair and waist was tied to the bed.Picture: Police took this shocking picture of Blanche when she was rescued, when she looked at the window
This was the first sunshine Blanche Monier had seen in 25 years - since her mysterious "disappearance" 25 years ago, she has been stuck naked in bed, unable to move and covered by her own filth. Cover, there's only skin and bones left.
The police were shocked by the horror that they couldn't stay in the smelly room for more than five minutes: the woman had stayed for 25 years, and she was 50 years old.
Figure: Blanche was immediately taken to hospital in hospital
Blanche, after bathing and medical treatment, found that she weighed only 55 pounds (49.8 kg). Hospital staff reported that although Blanche was extremely malnourished, she was very conscious and kept saying "how cute it is" when she breathed fresh air. At last, her whole sad story began to unfold. The young and beautiful Blanche had many suitors 25 years ago. Her family wanted her to choose a young and wealthy aristocrat, but Blanche fell in love with an older general lawyer, claiming that he was not married, which angered her mother.
Figure: 25 years ago, after Blanche
had many quarrels, Mrs. Monel locked her in this small room, claiming "when to abandon her love, when to let her go". Over the years, however, Blanche refused to give in.
Picture: Blanche's imprisoned attic
Until 10 years ago, Blanche's beloved lawyer died, but she was still locked in her cell by her mother, accompanied only by rats and lice. For 25 years, her brothers and all her servants did not help her, and the servants later claimed that they were too afraid of Mrs. Monel. Mrs. Monel, the wicked mother, was arrested the next day. The French people who knew the truth were angry because of media reports. When the wicked mother was captured, a large number of people gathered spontaneously at the entrance of the manor, shouting curses and threatening to smash rocks, almost forming a riot.
Picture: At that time, media reports
Mrs. Monel was frightened to have a heart attack on the spot, and died in hospital 15 days later. Blanche's brother Marcel was not charged because technically, he never committed any form of violence against her. After being rescued, Blanche spent the rest of his life in a French sanatorium and died in 1913.
Figure: Blanche in the sanatorium
So far, no answer has been given to anyone who wrote anonymous letters. Some speculated that it was a servant whose conscience had been discovered, and others that it was her brother Marcel (who, as a lawyer, knew that his mother was dying of old age, would become the guardian of his sister and might be accused of ill-treatment). Whoever he was, he saved Blanche.
Figure: Blanche's story is so shocking
Blanche Monel incident is one of the most tragic prison incidents in the West, one is because of the vicious mother, the other is because Blanche insists that he is willing to be imprisoned for love for 25 years, how many people in the world can do it?
References: Wikipedia, Blanche Monel: A Nightmare of the Fourth Century
Guess you like
- 2019-04-01The only person who was framed by Cao Cao and Liu Bei, the two great warlords, did not know whether it was glory or sorrow.
- 2019-03-01"The Queen of Solitary Solitude" is broadcasting the real solitary Gallo in history.
- 2019-02-18The first time that the Forbidden City opened its ticketing website to the public in the evening collapsed at zero!
- 2019-01-31Okamura Ningci's most headached Eighth Route Army generals used axes to chop down the emperor's cousin
- 2019-01-13The first injustice case of the National College Entrance Examination in China: the first champion was killed, the examiner was exiled, and the top 51 scores were all abolished.
- 2018-12-04"Huguang Governor" and "Governor Governor", who is higher? Which one is more powerful?
- 2018-11-18Is there a possible treasure map in Jin Yong's martial arts?
- 2018-11-14Why are the more powerful military generals unable to gain the trust of Chiang Kai-shek?
- 2018-11-01Who in the Qing Dynasty clan has a princely title? What level is the prince?
- 2018-10-24Old photos of Shanghai at the end of the Qing Dynasty and the early Republic of China: there are still backward slums under prosperous times
- Why are the 2500 islands of the Aegean Sea mostly Greek and rarely Turkish?
- "The Queen of Solitary Solitude" is broadcasting the real solitary Gallo in history.
- The U.S. Army fired 1.9 million shells but could not destroy the volunteer line in Shangganling
- Why is it so easy for Zhao Kuangxu to launch Chen Qiao Mutiny?
- Does the Lantern Festival Palace Museum open this year? See you tomorrow.
- How do the Gulf people evaluate the Communist Party? You can't imagine the answer!
- Is there a possible treasure map in Jin Yong's martial arts?
- Why are the more powerful military generals unable to gain the trust of Chiang Kai-shek?
- Old photos of Japanese invasion of China: Hell empty demons in Nanjing
- Which of the governors of Shaanxi and Gansu and the governor of Shandong is even more powerful?