Why did the United States take the initiative to negotiate a truce in the Korean War?2019-04-07 08:03:37 314 ℃
On September 15, 1950, the United States officially sent troops to the Korean Peninsula, and the 10th Army of the United States successfully landed in Incheon. At first, the United States was ambitious enough to assume that it would soon take possession of the Korean Peninsula. However, the development of the war in the future was not what they had imagined.
Less than a year after the U.S. troop deployment, it encountered great difficulties: the U.S. military will fight, it will have big problems!
Why?< p> It turned out that the US military had been severely hit by the Chinese and Korean armies in the war, and the consumption of soldiers and materials in one year was twice as much as that in the first year of the Second World War. What is this situation?
1. Volunteers joined the Korean People's Army from October 25, 1950 to June 1951. They fought side by side with the Korean People's Army, wiping out more than 230,000 enemies, of which 115,000 were US troops, with heavy casualties.
2. The United States consumes 850,000 tons of goods in North Korea every month on average, which is equivalent to the amount of United States aid to NATO for one and a half years.< p> The U.S. military has suffered tremendous losses in the Korean Peninsula due to its "hard work" and "financial injury". However, the global strategic focus of the United States is in Europe, but now it mobilized 1/3 of its entire army, 1/5 of its air force and 1/2 of its navy in the war of aggression against the DPRK. It also mobilized part of the Allied forces of Britain, France and Turkey. The total force increased from 420,000 volunteers to 69,000. Nevertheless, they still feel insufficient on the Korean Peninsula. < p> The US military dispatches its main force to Korea, but it is still insufficient on the Korean Peninsula, and the global military strength is therefore stretched.
Because the US Global Strategic Reserve has only two divisions in Japan and three divisions in the South Korean Army, as well as six divisions in China, District 11 divisions, how to dominate the world? Not at all.
Therefore, it is impossible for the US army to increase its troops to North Korea again, and it can only rely on its allies.
What about other allies?
No one in Britain, France or other countries would like to increase their troops to North Korea for fear of falling into the mud like the United States and failing to climb out.
The United States paid a huge price in the Korean Peninsula, but the victory was very slim. Wei Demai, deputy chief of staff of the US Army, lamented:
"The Korean War is a bottomless pit, and there is no hope of victory for the United Nations Army."
The buttocks of American paper tigers are badly hurt by the Chinese and Korean people!
The United States has no troops to deploy, and if it tosses on, its global strategy will have major problems. What's the next step? Americans had to abandon their cars and take the road to peace talks.At the end of May 1951, Washington had to let out the air of peace talks after the U.S. military was hit hard by the volunteers in the fifth campaign. For this war, China is only for the purpose of defending the country and protecting the country. Since the United States is unwilling to fight, it naturally would like to.
So the two sides discussed the principles and plans for the truce negotiations in Beijing.
On 30 June, Li Qiwei, the new commander-in-chief of the United Nations Army, issued a statement to the public suggesting that the belligerents hold truce negotiations. This statement was answered by China and the DPRK, so the Korean War entered a long period of talks and fighting. It was not until July 27, 1953 that the DPRK, China and the United States signed the ceasefire agreement of the Korean Armistice Agreement and the Interim Supplementary Agreement on the Armistice Agreement in Panmunjom. As a result of advocating peace talks and armistice, Li Qiwei is famous for "saving" the "United Nations Army" trapped in the mire.
Guess you like
- 2019-08-07The Jade Emperor’s banquet will eat the dragon liver. Why does the Dragon King not resist? Xiao Bailong unveiled the answer
- 2019-04-25The different landscapes of Sochi, a Soviet resort in 1988
- 2019-04-01The only person who was framed by Cao Cao and Liu Bei, the two great warlords, did not know whether it was glory or sorrow.
- 2019-03-01"The Queen of Solitary Solitude" is broadcasting the real solitary Gallo in history.
- 2019-02-18The first time that the Forbidden City opened its ticketing website to the public in the evening collapsed at zero!
- 2019-01-31Okamura Ningci's most headached Eighth Route Army generals used axes to chop down the emperor's cousin
- 2019-01-13The first injustice case of the National College Entrance Examination in China: the first champion was killed, the examiner was exiled, and the top 51 scores were all abolished.
- 2018-12-04"Huguang Governor" and "Governor Governor", who is higher? Which one is more powerful?
- 2018-11-18Is there a possible treasure map in Jin Yong's martial arts?
- 2018-11-14Why are the more powerful military generals unable to gain the trust of Chiang Kai-shek?
- Why are the 2500 islands of the Aegean Sea mostly Greek and rarely Turkish?
- "The Queen of Solitary Solitude" is broadcasting the real solitary Gallo in history.
- The U.S. Army fired 1.9 million shells but could not destroy the volunteer line in Shangganling
- Why is it so easy for Zhao Kuangxu to launch Chen Qiao Mutiny?
- Does the Lantern Festival Palace Museum open this year? See you tomorrow.
- How do the Gulf people evaluate the Communist Party? You can't imagine the answer!
- Is there a possible treasure map in Jin Yong's martial arts?
- Why are the more powerful military generals unable to gain the trust of Chiang Kai-shek?
- Old photos of Japanese invasion of China: Hell empty demons in Nanjing
- Which of the governors of Shaanxi and Gansu and the governor of Shandong is even more powerful?