Saudi Arabia is everywhere in Huangsha, why is the population more than 30 million?2019-08-07 00:34:11 22 ℃
In general, if a country has a large desert area, the population of this country will not be too large. For example, Turkmenistan in Central Asia has an area of 491,200 square kilometers and a population of only 5.62 million, because the desert area of the country accounts for 80% of the country. There is also Libya in North Africa, with an area of 1.76 million square kilometers and a population of only 6.37 million. The reason is simple: most of Libya's area is covered by desert or semi-desert. However, there are also desert countries with a large population, which is located in Saudi Arabia, the oil kingdom of West Asia.
Saudi Arabia is the largest country in the Middle East, with a total area of 2.25 million square kilometers, which is larger than Iran, a deadly enemy with an area of 1.645 million square kilometers. In the Arab countries, this area of Saudi Arabia is second only to the 2.38 million square kilometers of the North African country of Algeria.
Algeria is very similar to Saudi Arabia. It belongs to the Arab countries. The territory is mostly desert-based and has a large population. Algeria has a population of 42.2 million. The central and southern parts of Algeria are dominated by deserts, and the population of Algeria is concentrated in the narrow plains along the coast. The geography of Saudi Arabia is different from that of Algeria.
Algeria is only facing the Mediterranean Sea just north, while Saudi Arabia is facing the sea. The west coast of Saudi Arabia is the narrow red sea, connected to the Mediterranean Sea from the Suez Canal in the north, and connected to the Gulf of Aden in the south. Saudi Arabia is bordered by Jordan in the northwest, neighboring Iraq and Kuwait in the northeast, and then the east coast of Saudi Arabia. It is on the verge of the Persian Gulf, known as the world's energy warehouse. In the Persian Gulf, Saudi Arabia is adjacent to Qatar and the United Arab Emirates, Oman in the southeast and Yemen in the southwest.
If you look at the topographic map of Saudi Arabia, the one that impresses you the most is the desert. The northern part of Saudi Arabia is the famous Nevde Desert, and the east is the narrow Dehena Desert. The coast of Persia in Saudi Arabia is also a desert, and the Qatar is near the Jaffa Desert. To the south of the Jaffa Desert, the Lubhali Desert, which covers an area of 650,000 square kilometers, is also known as the Arabian Desert (not all of Saudi Arabia). In the western part of Saudi Arabia, there are also many deserts.
The desert zone has a hot climate and it is difficult for large-scale populations to live. So count it down,The place where Saudi Arabia can live is not that much. However, Saudi Arabia still has a population of 32.55 million. The desert area of Saudi Arabia is so much. How are these 32.55 million people distributed?
The population of Saudi Arabia is relatively large, but there is one point to note. Of the 32.55 million people in Saudi Arabia, only 62%, or about 20.18 million, are Saudis. The remaining 12.37 million people are not Saudis. What are these people doing in Saudi Arabia? Nature is here to work.
One of the biggest features of Saudi Arabia and Algeria is good luck. Because in the underground and coastal areas of Saudi Arabia, there are abundant oil resources. As everyone knows, without oil, the development of the world economy cannot be discussed. At least, the current world economic development is still inseparable from oil.
How much oil reserves does Saudi Arabia have? Saudi Arabia has proven oil reserves of up to 36.35 billion tons, which is 16% of the world's oil reserves. In addition, Saudi Arabia has 8.2 trillion cubic meters of natural gas resources. Saudi Arabia is a country without an industrial system, purely selling oil and natural gas. Saudi Arabia is very rich. In 2018, Saudi Arabia’s GDP was 779.2 billion U.S. dollars. And 87% of Saudi Arabia’s fiscal revenue comes from oil.
Because Saudi Arabia has money, it is natural to have the ability to recruit foreigners to work in Saudi Arabia. You will say that there are 20.18 million natives in Saudi Arabia. Why don't they work? Of course, it is also work. Just because it is very wealthy, Saudi Arabia’s nationals seldom engage in labor that is relatively labor-intensive. You know, Saudi Arabia’s per capita GDP has reached $20,000. Therefore, the general work of physical exertion is often from workers in underdeveloped countries, such as India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. These people came to Saudi Arabia. Generally speaking, they will not occupy too many social living resources in Saudi Arabia.
Of course, plus a foreign population working in Saudi Arabia, a total of 32.55 million, in Saudi Arabia's area, can also withstand. For example, Riyadh, the capital of Saudi Arabia, although the surrounding areas are mostly deserts, sandThe Arabs have money and can make a living in a livable city. In 2017, the population of Riyadh was as high as 6 million, which is obviously including the foreign population. In the western part of Saudi Arabia, close to the Red Sea, there is also a world-famous city, Mecca, which is the holy city of Saudi Arabia. Mecca has a relatively flat terrain, is closer to the Red Sea, and is more livable. Mecca has a population of nearly 2 million.
The coast of the Red Sea in Mecca, with Jeddah, the second largest city in Saudi Arabia and the largest port in the country. Jeddah is an important oil export port in Saudi Arabia and can completely evade the risk of instability in the Persian Gulf. Jeddah also has a large population of 1 million. In addition, Medina, the second holy city of Saudi Arabia in the north of Mecca, has a population of several hundred thousand. Saudi Arabia has an urban agglomeration along the Persian Gulf, which is the cities of Dammam, Dhahran (or Zaharan), which together have a population of 2 million. These large and small cities have a much larger population.
Say that Saudi Arabia has money and wants to build several cities in suitable areas, but in a word. Look at Qatar, the area is only 11,500 square kilometers, and there are not many cities. In order to host the 2022 World Cup, the wealthy Qatar can build many stadiums "out of thin air". Saudi Arabia is far more wealthy than Qatar, and its ability to build cities “out of thin air” is stronger. Therefore, in the case of a large desert area, Saudi Arabia still has a population of 32.55 million, which does not appear to be very crowded.
More Middle East history map articles, please subscribe to WeChat public number, map emperor
Guess you like
- 2019-08-07The Jade Emperor’s banquet will eat the dragon liver. Why does the Dragon King not resist? Xiao Bailong unveiled the answer
- 2019-04-25The different landscapes of Sochi, a Soviet resort in 1988
- 2019-04-01The only person who was framed by Cao Cao and Liu Bei, the two great warlords, did not know whether it was glory or sorrow.
- 2019-03-01"The Queen of Solitary Solitude" is broadcasting the real solitary Gallo in history.
- 2019-02-18The first time that the Forbidden City opened its ticketing website to the public in the evening collapsed at zero!
- 2019-01-31Okamura Ningci's most headached Eighth Route Army generals used axes to chop down the emperor's cousin
- 2019-01-13The first injustice case of the National College Entrance Examination in China: the first champion was killed, the examiner was exiled, and the top 51 scores were all abolished.
- 2018-12-04"Huguang Governor" and "Governor Governor", who is higher? Which one is more powerful?
- 2018-11-18Is there a possible treasure map in Jin Yong's martial arts?
- 2018-11-14Why are the more powerful military generals unable to gain the trust of Chiang Kai-shek?
- Why are the 2500 islands of the Aegean Sea mostly Greek and rarely Turkish?
- "The Queen of Solitary Solitude" is broadcasting the real solitary Gallo in history.
- The U.S. Army fired 1.9 million shells but could not destroy the volunteer line in Shangganling
- Why is it so easy for Zhao Kuangxu to launch Chen Qiao Mutiny?
- Does the Lantern Festival Palace Museum open this year? See you tomorrow.
- How do the Gulf people evaluate the Communist Party? You can't imagine the answer!
- Is there a possible treasure map in Jin Yong's martial arts?
- Why are the more powerful military generals unable to gain the trust of Chiang Kai-shek?
- Old photos of Japanese invasion of China: Hell empty demons in Nanjing
- Which of the governors of Shaanxi and Gansu and the governor of Shandong is even more powerful?