The United States uses action to "educate" the world: the veto is to do this.2017-12-20 09:27:07 225 ℃
, the UN Security Council voted on Monday (18 th) on the draft of "the United States recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel". The resolution asked the president of the United States, Trump, to withdraw the decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. But the United States rejected the UN Security Council draft resolution on the status of Jerusalem by using the "one vote veto" of the permanent members of the Security Council.
according to reports, the draft is only one page, drafted by the Egyptians, text does not specifically mention the United States or Trump. And a bill needs to be approved by 9 votes, and the U. S., Russia and British law can be passed without a vote.
, which is widely supported within the 15 members of the Security Council, though it is unlikely to be adopted, the vote will further isolate Trump on that issue.
previously, Trump announced the 6 recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, the United States Embassy will move from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. For this reason, many parties including the United Nations, the European Union, the United Kingdom, France, Palestine, Iran, Turkey and Lebanon have accused the United States of sabotaging the prospect of Palestinian Israeli peace and jeopardizing regional stability. The US ambassador to the UN Nicky Haley has praised Trump's decision is right and the right thing to do".
reported that the draft of the Council's opposition was spread in Egypt 16 days. The draft emphasizes that the status of Jerusalem must be resolved through thorough consultations and negotiations, and to express deep regret for "what is happening in the near future". The contents of the draft include: "any decision or action to change the status quo or population situation of Jerusalem will not be legally binding, effective, and must be returned to its original state."
, the draft also calls on all countries to maintain restraint and not establish foreign embassies in Jerusalem. Israel insists that Jerusalem is its eternal, inseparable capital and wants all countries to establish Embassies here. Israel's ambassador to the United Nations, Danon (DannyDanon), said in a statement Saturday (16) local time, "no vote or debate can change the clear reality of Jerusalem." It is reported that the draft resolution "requires all countries to comply with the Council's resolutions on Jerusalem, and does not recognize any actions or initiatives that violate the relevant resolutions". Prior to the adoption of a resolution by the UN Security Council in December 2016,
emphasized that "no matter what negotiations are agreed upon by the parties, we will not recognize any change beyond the June 4, 1967 boundary line, including the Jerusalem issue". At that time, the resolution was approved by 14 votes, when the Obama administration of the United States abstained from power and incurred strong pressure from Israel, a long-term ally of the United States. At that time, Trump, who was elected president, had asked the us to use veto power.
Guess you like
- 2018-09-28Trump accuses China of damaging its political status.
- 2018-09-28US media issued a copy of Trump: The tariff you impose is that Americans are paying instead of Chinese!
- 2018-09-27Trump again fired at the United Nations, Wang Yi’s eyes responded
- 2018-09-23The Ministry of Foreign Affairs summoned the US ambassador to China: hegemonic acts are extremely bad
- 2018-09-20The Russian military plane was shot down, and Israel is now flustered. The Prime Minister must personally ask Purkin for mercy.
- 2018-09-12More than 1,000 bombings in 72 hours, Putin still does not want to cease fire, the United States issued a warning
- 2018-09-12Trump has crazy thoughts and is really stalking about China! British media: The most injured is American
- 2018-08-30The final battle started, Chechnya asked Putin to fight: to send the Syrian rebels into hell
- 2018-08-28The reaction of the official Vietnamese media after McCain’s death is interesting.
- 2018-08-27Who can win? Shi Bian and Abe simultaneously run for the president of the Japanese Liberal Democratic Party