The United States uses action to "educate" the world: the veto is to do this.2017-12-20 09:27:07 159 ℃
, the UN Security Council voted on Monday (18 th) on the draft of "the United States recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel". The resolution asked the president of the United States, Trump, to withdraw the decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. But the United States rejected the UN Security Council draft resolution on the status of Jerusalem by using the "one vote veto" of the permanent members of the Security Council.
according to reports, the draft is only one page, drafted by the Egyptians, text does not specifically mention the United States or Trump. And a bill needs to be approved by 9 votes, and the U. S., Russia and British law can be passed without a vote.
, which is widely supported within the 15 members of the Security Council, though it is unlikely to be adopted, the vote will further isolate Trump on that issue.
previously, Trump announced the 6 recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, the United States Embassy will move from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. For this reason, many parties including the United Nations, the European Union, the United Kingdom, France, Palestine, Iran, Turkey and Lebanon have accused the United States of sabotaging the prospect of Palestinian Israeli peace and jeopardizing regional stability. The US ambassador to the UN Nicky Haley has praised Trump's decision is right and the right thing to do".
reported that the draft of the Council's opposition was spread in Egypt 16 days. The draft emphasizes that the status of Jerusalem must be resolved through thorough consultations and negotiations, and to express deep regret for "what is happening in the near future". The contents of the draft include: "any decision or action to change the status quo or population situation of Jerusalem will not be legally binding, effective, and must be returned to its original state."
, the draft also calls on all countries to maintain restraint and not establish foreign embassies in Jerusalem. Israel insists that Jerusalem is its eternal, inseparable capital and wants all countries to establish Embassies here. Israel's ambassador to the United Nations, Danon (DannyDanon), said in a statement Saturday (16) local time, "no vote or debate can change the clear reality of Jerusalem." It is reported that the draft resolution "requires all countries to comply with the Council's resolutions on Jerusalem, and does not recognize any actions or initiatives that violate the relevant resolutions". Prior to the adoption of a resolution by the UN Security Council in December 2016,
emphasized that "no matter what negotiations are agreed upon by the parties, we will not recognize any change beyond the June 4, 1967 boundary line, including the Jerusalem issue". At that time, the resolution was approved by 14 votes, when the Obama administration of the United States abstained from power and incurred strong pressure from Israel, a long-term ally of the United States. At that time, Trump, who was elected president, had asked the us to use veto power.
Guess you like
- 2018-04-16India built high speed rail: the lowest price of Japan's new trunk line is the lowest in the world
- 2018-04-16Syria has just fought this country and stabbed Russia with a knife, Putin's trouble is really big
- 2018-04-13This is the sky over Syria today!
- 2018-04-12Huang Bingshi was removed from the post of vice chairman of the DPRK's State Council
- 2018-04-11FBI "lost a bomb at the door of Trump's house", "Tong Russia gate" opened in the second season.
- 2018-04-11Just to play Syria Trump and Putin straight up! Is Russia open to the war?
- 2018-04-10Trump's chief advisor says it has been a group against China, but the time has come to...
- 2017-12-28Wen zaiyin just suddenly launched an attack! The "thunder" buried between Korea and Japan is finally going to explode
- 2017-12-26India air blast: another South Asian country "disobedient" to China!
- 2017-12-25North Korea has hydrogen bombs, and the Korean War is getting closer and closer?