Dignified Italy, why is it so difficult to organize governments?2018-05-29 10:25:45 241 ℃
Italy has been caught in a political turmoil because it has been unable to organize a new government for more than two months.
Italian President Mattarella (Image: theguardian.com)
Italy is a parliament In a republican country, the president is the head of state and represents the unity of the country. However, the executive power is concentrated in the hands of the Prime Minister.
The Prime Minister is generally nominated by members of the National Assembly, passed a parliamentary vote, and submitted to the President for appointment. According to the results of the parliamentary elections, the majority of the political parties that have won the majority of the election are candidates.
The trouble this organization has encountered is to start with the election in March.
Like many European countries, Italy’s populist forces have soared in recent years due to the economic downturn and immigration issues. The traditional left and right forces have rapidly declined.
But the populism of Italian politics is divided into two groups. One is the "five-star movement." The basic idea of the organization is to increase grassroots welfare, strengthen environmental protection, and doubt Europe. The forces of the five-star movement are mainly in southern Italy;
The other coalition party (formerly the Northern League), which mainly represents the more developed regions of the North, is suspicious of Europe and rejects immigration, and the party and the Italian Power Party form the right wing. alliance.
In the parliamentary elections on March 4th, the traditional Italian forces were declining, and the right-wing alliance and the five-star movement received a support rate of 37% and 32% respectively.
Although the results are good, no one can form a cabinet alone, and the third-left-wing coalition that won the vote is unwilling to form a cabinet with them. In this way, once the election was over, people expected that it was not easy to form a cabinet in Italy.
Sure enough, the negotiations between various parties have been deadlocked, and President Mattarella has come forward to call parties to negotiate.
Matarella put forward two bills on May 7: either form a "temporary neutral government" or simply re-election within the year.
Next, the political parties with far-reaching differences in the concepts of the Five Star Movement and the Coalition Party intensively negotiated on the formation of cooperative cabinets, and on the 21st nominated the unnamed law professor Giuseppe Comte as the two presidents. The new policy of the party co-governingPrime Minister candidate.
Nominating Conte, in some opinion, it is actually the five-star coalition and the coalition that want to manipulate a “weak premier” behind the scenes. In the words of an article in the US Foreign Policy magazine, Conte, even if he succeeds in forming a cabinet, will become a tragic figure in serving the two masters. The article believes that Mattarella is not very satisfied with Conte, but he is ready to go.
The problem is that Conte nominated the European economist Paul Savona as the minister of finance. "Local News in Italy" reported on the 28th that Matareira could not tolerate this.
As president, Matareira has a constitutional right to defend the Italian government's "decent work" and guarantee Italian interests. After a few weeks of observation, he thought he could accept the five-star movement and all other demands of the coalition party, but he could not tolerate a suspected European person as the minister of finance. Moreover, he believes that the question of allowing a suspected European leader to become a minister of finance violates the promises of the five-star movement and the coalition.
Indeed, the economic situation in Italy, which Reuters calls the "nightmare of the eurozone," is very worrying. The news that Savona may be appointed as the finance minister has caused a negative reaction in the market.
However, the five-star sports leader Dimayo and the coalition party leader Salvini were very angry at the decision of Matareira. Salvini also stated that Italy is now "not a colony, not what Germany wants us to do and how we do it" - what he means is that Mattarella looks at the EU and Germany.
However, Matarella’s decision also forced Conte to abandon his intention to form a cabinet. At present, Matareira has met the economist Carlo Cortarelli and may authorize him to form an interim government.
Kotarelli used to work at the International Monetary Fund. His nickname is "Mr. Scissors" because he has always advocated vigorous efforts to "cut" public spending. Many people in Italy believe that if Italy wants to recover its economy, it must cut a lot of public spending, including some social benefits, while cutting taxes.
But Kotarelli is also clear that if he is responsible for the formation of the cabinet, it will inevitably be met with strong opposition from the five-star movement and the coalition. Therefore, he stated that he may lead an interim government and then Italy will re-election so that voters can make another choice.
It seemsFor Italy, it is not easy to want to form a government.Favorite complaints Post
Latest reviewSee more comments Loading failed, please click Reload All Comments Chen Kejin column
Comprehensive views of various parties, analysis of international affairs. Qian Kejin, senior editor, columnist; visiting scholar at Stanford University; American "Pittsburgh Communique - Post" interviewed reporters.+ Follow
Beijing Public Security Network No. 11010502033561 Internet Medicines Information Service Qualification Certificate Beijing Nettext  0377-157 Beijing ICP No. 140123 No.
Report E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Company Name: Beijing Little Network Technology Co., Ltd.');})();
Guess you like
- 2018-12-13The United States is being slashed in Syria, and the allies are fighting against the largest friendly forces in the United States.
- 2018-12-12India slammed 500 million orders to anger Israel, and Israel vowed to report a copy of the sky-high price claim
- 2018-12-05Compromise to \"yellow vest\" French Prime Minister announced a moratorium on fuel tax
- 2018-12-02[International Sharp Review] The first US dollar is the trade friction and the brakes. Mutual benefit and win-win must still be opposite.
- 2018-11-28Russian weapons detained on Ukrainian ships loaded with weapons and ammunition
- 2018-11-12Trump canceled the tribute to the martyrs because of the light rain, the Americans were angry to post a photo of Putin
- 2018-11-09Five "poisonous" gathering! "Taiwan independence" elements engaged in gatherings, these people have invited
- 2018-11-08Michael Jackson became the most profitable and deceased celebrity in Forbes, with a self-portrait value of 1.35 million yuan.
- 2018-10-31The most ungrateful country, since the decline of Chinese tourists, began to drive Chinese employees
- 2018-10-31China takes over the presidency of the Security Council in November, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs revealed the working arrangements
- This is squatting! The US high officials blamed Russia for no reason, but they were speechless and speechless.
- Israel suffered a great shame: two soldiers were killed, a lot of weapons and equipment were taken away
- Why did the UN Security Council not hold an emergency meeting when the Sino-Vietnamese war broke out?
- Clean up the portal? Trump’s master decided to go out and clean up the guy who bullied the ancestors.
- The United States finally tasted bitter fruit? Russia: does not rule out preemptive use of nuclear weapons
- Pakistani sees Putin slightly nervous, but Putin’s statement makes Yingla profitable.
- The US-Mexico border staged a relaxing moment: immigrants sit on the border wall and talk to the US military
- How was the Saudi reporter killed? Turkey shares creepy recordings with many countries
- NATO just wrecked after the exercise, Russian joke: Is this also deterring me?
- Putin and Trump Paris meeting cancelled