Dignified Italy, why is it so difficult to organize governments?2018-05-29 10:25:45 224 ℃
Italy has been caught in a political turmoil because it has been unable to organize a new government for more than two months.
Italian President Mattarella (Image: theguardian.com)
Italy is a parliament In a republican country, the president is the head of state and represents the unity of the country. However, the executive power is concentrated in the hands of the Prime Minister.
The Prime Minister is generally nominated by members of the National Assembly, passed a parliamentary vote, and submitted to the President for appointment. According to the results of the parliamentary elections, the majority of the political parties that have won the majority of the election are candidates.
The trouble this organization has encountered is to start with the election in March.
Like many European countries, Italy’s populist forces have soared in recent years due to the economic downturn and immigration issues. The traditional left and right forces have rapidly declined.
But the populism of Italian politics is divided into two groups. One is the "five-star movement." The basic idea of the organization is to increase grassroots welfare, strengthen environmental protection, and doubt Europe. The forces of the five-star movement are mainly in southern Italy;
The other coalition party (formerly the Northern League), which mainly represents the more developed regions of the North, is suspicious of Europe and rejects immigration, and the party and the Italian Power Party form the right wing. alliance.
In the parliamentary elections on March 4th, the traditional Italian forces were declining, and the right-wing alliance and the five-star movement received a support rate of 37% and 32% respectively.
Although the results are good, no one can form a cabinet alone, and the third-left-wing coalition that won the vote is unwilling to form a cabinet with them. In this way, once the election was over, people expected that it was not easy to form a cabinet in Italy.
Sure enough, the negotiations between various parties have been deadlocked, and President Mattarella has come forward to call parties to negotiate.
Matarella put forward two bills on May 7: either form a "temporary neutral government" or simply re-election within the year.
Next, the political parties with far-reaching differences in the concepts of the Five Star Movement and the Coalition Party intensively negotiated on the formation of cooperative cabinets, and on the 21st nominated the unnamed law professor Giuseppe Comte as the two presidents. The new policy of the party co-governingPrime Minister candidate.
Nominating Conte, in some opinion, it is actually the five-star coalition and the coalition that want to manipulate a “weak premier” behind the scenes. In the words of an article in the US Foreign Policy magazine, Conte, even if he succeeds in forming a cabinet, will become a tragic figure in serving the two masters. The article believes that Mattarella is not very satisfied with Conte, but he is ready to go.
The problem is that Conte nominated the European economist Paul Savona as the minister of finance. "Local News in Italy" reported on the 28th that Matareira could not tolerate this.
As president, Matareira has a constitutional right to defend the Italian government's "decent work" and guarantee Italian interests. After a few weeks of observation, he thought he could accept the five-star movement and all other demands of the coalition party, but he could not tolerate a suspected European person as the minister of finance. Moreover, he believes that the question of allowing a suspected European leader to become a minister of finance violates the promises of the five-star movement and the coalition.
Indeed, the economic situation in Italy, which Reuters calls the "nightmare of the eurozone," is very worrying. The news that Savona may be appointed as the finance minister has caused a negative reaction in the market.
However, the five-star sports leader Dimayo and the coalition party leader Salvini were very angry at the decision of Matareira. Salvini also stated that Italy is now "not a colony, not what Germany wants us to do and how we do it" - what he means is that Mattarella looks at the EU and Germany.
However, Matarella’s decision also forced Conte to abandon his intention to form a cabinet. At present, Matareira has met the economist Carlo Cortarelli and may authorize him to form an interim government.
Kotarelli used to work at the International Monetary Fund. His nickname is "Mr. Scissors" because he has always advocated vigorous efforts to "cut" public spending. Many people in Italy believe that if Italy wants to recover its economy, it must cut a lot of public spending, including some social benefits, while cutting taxes.
But Kotarelli is also clear that if he is responsible for the formation of the cabinet, it will inevitably be met with strong opposition from the five-star movement and the coalition. Therefore, he stated that he may lead an interim government and then Italy will re-election so that voters can make another choice.
It seemsFor Italy, it is not easy to want to form a government.Favorite complaints Post
Latest reviewSee more comments Loading failed, please click Reload All Comments Chen Kejin column
Comprehensive views of various parties, analysis of international affairs. Qian Kejin, senior editor, columnist; visiting scholar at Stanford University; American "Pittsburgh Communique - Post" interviewed reporters.+ Follow
Beijing Public Security Network No. 11010502033561 Internet Medicines Information Service Qualification Certificate Beijing Nettext  0377-157 Beijing ICP No. 140123 No.
Report E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Company Name: Beijing Little Network Technology Co., Ltd.');})();
Guess you like
- 2018-09-28Trump accuses China of damaging its political status.
- 2018-09-28US media issued a copy of Trump: The tariff you impose is that Americans are paying instead of Chinese!
- 2018-09-27Trump again fired at the United Nations, Wang Yi’s eyes responded
- 2018-09-23The Ministry of Foreign Affairs summoned the US ambassador to China: hegemonic acts are extremely bad
- 2018-09-20The Russian military plane was shot down, and Israel is now flustered. The Prime Minister must personally ask Purkin for mercy.
- 2018-09-12More than 1,000 bombings in 72 hours, Putin still does not want to cease fire, the United States issued a warning
- 2018-09-12Trump has crazy thoughts and is really stalking about China! British media: The most injured is American
- 2018-08-30The final battle started, Chechnya asked Putin to fight: to send the Syrian rebels into hell
- 2018-08-28The reaction of the official Vietnamese media after McCain’s death is interesting.
- 2018-08-27Who can win? Shi Bian and Abe simultaneously run for the president of the Japanese Liberal Democratic Party
- Trump shows again? But Japan does not buy it! Just because of the loss of China, the United States is looking for a "replacement"
- The murder status of the Iranian military parade has been clear, and the ambassadors of the three countries are called to inform them that the blood debt will be bloody.
- Hillary issued a wrath against Trump's five major crimes, calling on Americans to save the democratic crisis
- The US military fires in place and the rebels have a strong counterattack, and Ukraine has also had an accident.
- Foreign media: If Russia and China abandon the dollar, the dollar will start to collapse.
- Anxious! Those who can't get into China, the United States has to force the country to "swallow"
- The Iraqi Prime Minister was forced to force the palace by the pro-Iranian power: quickly stepped down and apologized to the people!
- Sino-Vietnamese trade broke through 100 billion US dollars! To avoid dollar risk, Vietnam will trade in RMB!
- Blame Trump! US nuclear power giant warned: Without China, US electricity prices should rise!
- What is this person coming to? The United States would rather give up Turkey, Trump: I have to fix this person.