Dignified Italy, why is it so difficult to organize governments?2018-05-29 10:25:45 183 ℃
Italy has been caught in a political turmoil because it has been unable to organize a new government for more than two months.
Italian President Mattarella (Image: theguardian.com)
Italy is a parliament In a republican country, the president is the head of state and represents the unity of the country. However, the executive power is concentrated in the hands of the Prime Minister.
The Prime Minister is generally nominated by members of the National Assembly, passed a parliamentary vote, and submitted to the President for appointment. According to the results of the parliamentary elections, the majority of the political parties that have won the majority of the election are candidates.
The trouble this organization has encountered is to start with the election in March.
Like many European countries, Italy’s populist forces have soared in recent years due to the economic downturn and immigration issues. The traditional left and right forces have rapidly declined.
But the populism of Italian politics is divided into two groups. One is the "five-star movement." The basic idea of the organization is to increase grassroots welfare, strengthen environmental protection, and doubt Europe. The forces of the five-star movement are mainly in southern Italy;
The other coalition party (formerly the Northern League), which mainly represents the more developed regions of the North, is suspicious of Europe and rejects immigration, and the party and the Italian Power Party form the right wing. alliance.
In the parliamentary elections on March 4th, the traditional Italian forces were declining, and the right-wing alliance and the five-star movement received a support rate of 37% and 32% respectively.
Although the results are good, no one can form a cabinet alone, and the third-left-wing coalition that won the vote is unwilling to form a cabinet with them. In this way, once the election was over, people expected that it was not easy to form a cabinet in Italy.
Sure enough, the negotiations between various parties have been deadlocked, and President Mattarella has come forward to call parties to negotiate.
Matarella put forward two bills on May 7: either form a "temporary neutral government" or simply re-election within the year.
Next, the political parties with far-reaching differences in the concepts of the Five Star Movement and the Coalition Party intensively negotiated on the formation of cooperative cabinets, and on the 21st nominated the unnamed law professor Giuseppe Comte as the two presidents. The new policy of the party co-governingPrime Minister candidate.
Nominating Conte, in some opinion, it is actually the five-star coalition and the coalition that want to manipulate a “weak premier” behind the scenes. In the words of an article in the US Foreign Policy magazine, Conte, even if he succeeds in forming a cabinet, will become a tragic figure in serving the two masters. The article believes that Mattarella is not very satisfied with Conte, but he is ready to go.
The problem is that Conte nominated the European economist Paul Savona as the minister of finance. "Local News in Italy" reported on the 28th that Matareira could not tolerate this.
As president, Matareira has a constitutional right to defend the Italian government's "decent work" and guarantee Italian interests. After a few weeks of observation, he thought he could accept the five-star movement and all other demands of the coalition party, but he could not tolerate a suspected European person as the minister of finance. Moreover, he believes that the question of allowing a suspected European leader to become a minister of finance violates the promises of the five-star movement and the coalition.
Indeed, the economic situation in Italy, which Reuters calls the "nightmare of the eurozone," is very worrying. The news that Savona may be appointed as the finance minister has caused a negative reaction in the market.
However, the five-star sports leader Dimayo and the coalition party leader Salvini were very angry at the decision of Matareira. Salvini also stated that Italy is now "not a colony, not what Germany wants us to do and how we do it" - what he means is that Mattarella looks at the EU and Germany.
However, Matarella’s decision also forced Conte to abandon his intention to form a cabinet. At present, Matareira has met the economist Carlo Cortarelli and may authorize him to form an interim government.
Kotarelli used to work at the International Monetary Fund. His nickname is "Mr. Scissors" because he has always advocated vigorous efforts to "cut" public spending. Many people in Italy believe that if Italy wants to recover its economy, it must cut a lot of public spending, including some social benefits, while cutting taxes.
But Kotarelli is also clear that if he is responsible for the formation of the cabinet, it will inevitably be met with strong opposition from the five-star movement and the coalition. Therefore, he stated that he may lead an interim government and then Italy will re-election so that voters can make another choice.
It seemsFor Italy, it is not easy to want to form a government.Favorite complaints Post
Latest reviewSee more comments Loading failed, please click Reload All Comments Chen Kejin column
Comprehensive views of various parties, analysis of international affairs. Qian Kejin, senior editor, columnist; visiting scholar at Stanford University; American "Pittsburgh Communique - Post" interviewed reporters.+ Follow
Beijing Public Security Network No. 11010502033561 Internet Medicines Information Service Qualification Certificate Beijing Nettext  0377-157 Beijing ICP No. 140123 No.
Report E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Company Name: Beijing Little Network Technology Co., Ltd.');})();
Guess you like
- 2018-08-17What is this person coming to? The United States would rather give up Turkey, Trump: I have to fix this person.
- 2018-08-03ten years! Russian female spies lurked in the US Embassy to spy on intelligence, and Americans desperately seized the "scandal"
- 2018-08-03The US media gave Trump a new name for fighting with China.
- 2018-06-08The details of the Günter concierge exposure Lu Haijun escort deployed many snipers on the scene
- 2018-05-11As the war approached and the world was confused, the US and China quietly changed their roles.
- 2018-04-30India announced that all villages have access to electricity, and the entire nation cheers the public: catching up with China is no longer far away!
- 2018-04-26Kim Jong Eun will cross the “March 8th Line” into Korea and the Uzbekistan will review the guard of honor
- 2018-04-25Enemy enemy suddenly made trouble! Trump to be overturned?
- 2018-04-16India built high speed rail: the lowest price of Japan's new trunk line is the lowest in the world
- 2018-04-16Syria has just fought this country and stabbed Russia with a knife, Putin's trouble is really big
- What is this person coming to? The United States would rather give up Turkey, Trump: I have to fix this person.
- After China’s 60 billion counterattacks, the White House director’s response came!
- The US media gave Trump a new name for fighting with China.
- The United States sent a big gift to India, this time it was really hard, and the weight is very heavy!
- The country that imitated Iran appeared, and the country continued to revolutionize, and it was enough for the United States to drink a pot.
- Dignified Italy, why is it so difficult to organize governments?
- Before and after the foot visit to the United States, why Merkel and Macron's treatment so much difference
- This country has always been quiet and suddenly jumped high.
- Provocative constantly! Israel angers Iran, Iran gives a response: let you disappear on the map within 25 years
- The rehearsal of the Syria War: China will be able to recover Taiwan