Trump's dead opponent is preparing to run for president. The business has long spread all over China, and his worth has soared 200 times.2018-06-08 00:25:20 138 ℃
Starbucks president wants to run for president of the United States. On the 4th, Howard Schultz, chief executive of the famous American coffee chain brand Starbucks, officially announced his retirement and explicitly disclosed the possibility of political administration. Schulz, who has been operating Starbucks for 36 years, is one of the billionaires in the U.S. business community who are most concerned about current affairs and social issues. After Trump, who was a businessman, was successfully elected, Schultz and other wealthy American businessmen were considered powerful candidates for the 2020 presidential throne.
64-year-old Schultz was born in Brooklyn, NY The Jewish family of the children, the father is a truck driver, and the family’s life is stretched. In the 1970s, Schultz received a sports scholarship from Northern Michigan University and became the only college student in the family. After graduation, Schulz started from the salesman until he became the general manager of a Swedish coffee company. In the early 80s, he happened to come across Starbucks, which specializes in high-quality coffee. Admired by the company's fine craftsmanship, he quickly made a job-hopping decision.
During the marketing conception and management disagreements, Schultz left Starbucks in 1985 to open his own Italian-style coffee shop. Two years later, using the original Starbucks business transformation, he directly acquired the company's retail business, renamed his storefront unified "Starbucks," and quickly expanded the chain of coffee shop operations to the United States.
The United States "New York Times" said that due to poor birth, Schulz paid great attention to the welfare of ordinary employees. Starbucks enjoys complete medical insurance for both full-time and part-time employees. This kind of treatment was rare in the entire industry at the time. Since then, the company's employees have also gradually enjoyed benefits such as internal share options and tuition reimbursement. Under Schulz's management, Starbucks expanded from the initial 11 chain stores to the current 28,000, and the market value of the company increased more than 200 times than when it was listed in 1992. In 2011, Schultz was named "Entrepreneur of the Year" by the US "Fortune" magazine to reward him for his contribution to the U.S. economy and the job market. His personal net worth is about 3.1 billion U.S. dollars (about 19.8 billion yuan).
Abandon Business Deal?
United StatesAccording to CNN, Schultz talked about his intentions after leaving the company in a letter to all Starbucks employees and stated that he was faced with “multiple choices”—perhaps doing charity and maybe doing public duties. Hours before sending the letter, Schulz personally visited the first Starbucks coffee shop in Seattle, and spoke as the company's leader. He said that it is difficult for him to separate and fight for nearly forty years. However, he also said that if there is an opportunity to achieve "secondary breakthrough" in the value of life, he wants to change the stage.
In fact, Schultz has been asked more than once if there is political ambition. He is always undecided. The statement on the 4th was his first recognition of the existence of this possibility. In an interview with the New York Times, he said: "I don't want to make more speculative headlines. To be honest, for a long time, I was deeply worried about the state of the country." He said. I hope to play a role in the next stage of my life that may "set things up." However, when he stated his position, he still left room for change, saying "I do not fully confirm what this role means."
According to the US Business Insider website, Democrats are not optimistic about Schultz becoming a presidential candidate. Polls show that 21% of Democrats have a good opinion of Schulz, but 55% have not even heard of him. In addition, some people think that Democratic voters may not support a rich businessman as president. Some people who have worked with Schulz are not optimistic about his election to the presidency.
Schultz is considered by the media as a "progressive" business leader. He is active and tolerant about issues such as race, immigration and same-sex marriage. In 2017, Starbucks stated that it will employ 10,000 refugee employees in the next five years. Harbert, a professor of management at the University of Notre Dame, said that Schulz is a pioneer in American business in the establishment and maintenance of social responsibility.
CNN said that Schultz’s political position is very clear. He has long supported Obama and Hillary and will definitely belong to the Democratic Party once he decides to stand for election. At the same time, he is a sharp critic of the current President Trump and has accused Trump of "making confusion all day long." After Schultz performed a riot in Charlottesville, Virginia, USA last year, she warned employees, nationallyThe status quo of morality and values is already on the verge of abyss. On many political issues, he and the Trump administration also hold opposing views. Schultz once stated clearly that increasing tariffs on China does not help the US employment issue. On the other hand, Trump has also "hurried" over Schultz, thinking that the latter "politically correct" tends to be serious. At the end of 2015, Starbucks announced the cancellation of the controversial Christmas theme cups, Trump satirically said: "Should we consider resisting Starbucks?"
Shutz had also experienced controversy during his stay at Starbucks event. In early April of this year, a Starbucks company in the United States caused a disturbance by rejecting the use of toilets by two unconsumed African-American customers. Starbucks temporarily shut down 8,000 stores across the country and conducted anti-discrimination training for employees. Schultz, who had planned to announce his departure last month, had to take the lead in training. In 2009, Schultz also uttered an offence against the United States’ European allies. In the context of the economic crisis of the time, he “named” the UK, arguing that its sluggish employment rate and consumer confidence were most worrisome in Western Europe. This remark was met by British Business Secretary John Mandelson, who stated that “Starbucks’s troubles were even greater” and ironically Schulz “dumped” the company’s operating difficulties in the UK to the country’s economic problems. ▲
Guess you like
- 2018-08-17What is this person coming to? The United States would rather give up Turkey, Trump: I have to fix this person.
- 2018-08-03ten years! Russian female spies lurked in the US Embassy to spy on intelligence, and Americans desperately seized the "scandal"
- 2018-08-03The US media gave Trump a new name for fighting with China.
- 2018-06-08The details of the Günter concierge exposure Lu Haijun escort deployed many snipers on the scene
- 2018-05-11As the war approached and the world was confused, the US and China quietly changed their roles.
- 2018-04-30India announced that all villages have access to electricity, and the entire nation cheers the public: catching up with China is no longer far away!
- 2018-04-26Kim Jong Eun will cross the “March 8th Line” into Korea and the Uzbekistan will review the guard of honor
- 2018-04-25Enemy enemy suddenly made trouble! Trump to be overturned?
- 2018-04-16India built high speed rail: the lowest price of Japan's new trunk line is the lowest in the world
- 2018-04-16Syria has just fought this country and stabbed Russia with a knife, Putin's trouble is really big
- What is this person coming to? The United States would rather give up Turkey, Trump: I have to fix this person.
- After China’s 60 billion counterattacks, the White House director’s response came!
- The US media gave Trump a new name for fighting with China.
- The United States sent a big gift to India, this time it was really hard, and the weight is very heavy!
- The country that imitated Iran appeared, and the country continued to revolutionize, and it was enough for the United States to drink a pot.
- Dignified Italy, why is it so difficult to organize governments?
- Before and after the foot visit to the United States, why Merkel and Macron's treatment so much difference
- This country has always been quiet and suddenly jumped high.
- Provocative constantly! Israel angers Iran, Iran gives a response: let you disappear on the map within 25 years
- The rehearsal of the Syria War: China will be able to recover Taiwan