Another battle? More and more young scientists in the United States flee to China2018-08-05 10:25:02 79 ℃
America's "World Boston" August 2 article, the original question: Can the United States stop the loss of scientific and technological talents to China? Just as tariff disputes dominated the news headlines in recent weeks, another battle between the United States and China was brewing: vying for top scientists.
The great strength of American science is its ability to attract the best talent from around the world. This has made a major breakthrough in the US science and technology ecosystem, which has brought new technologies, new companies, and new jobs. But now, competition is on the horizon, and it's easy to see who will squeeze our position from the bench in the lab – China is making smart and major policy moves to advance its technology.
Although US R&D spending is still the highest in the world, the US National Science Council predicts that China will soon surpass the US. But if you want to become a technology superpower in the future, China needs not only capital investment, but also top scientists. Today, more and more of my colleagues are "escape" to China.
China attaches special importance to scientists in the early stages of their careers. As more promising young scientists choose to return to China instead of staying in the US to create laboratories, more and more theoretical breakthroughs and technological innovations will appear in China. Perhaps most importantly, China is still trying to become a more attractive place for non-Chinese scientists. These efforts extend from nuances to major decision-making areas. The scientific and technological community has been able to feel the effects of such transformations.
A problem facing China is related to the scientific reputation. But Beijing is taking practical measures to correct the problem. Nature journals praised China's recent initiatives or will make research fraud be hit hardest by the world.
This battle for scientists will have a profound impact. The United States has overlooked the more important issue: if the goal of China’s hunting is talent, then protecting intellectual property rights will not matter.
I have recently had lunch with a famous American cancer scientist, but we are talking about China most of the time. He is applying for a Chinese green card, seeking a second academic position in China, and is busy setting up a company in Beijing. "Everything can be a reality there," he said, "you have to go!" (by Arthur Lambert, translated by Wang Huicong)Editor: Li Hui
Guess you like
- 2019-03-01US military seizes IS50 tons of gold and transfers it to the Kurdish People's Defense Forces
- 2019-03-01Details of Indian pilots being captured: trying to escape was almost killed
- 2019-02-09Explosive news! The Queen of England is abdicating secretly
- 2019-01-31Superpowers have launched, deployed troops, 5,000 U.S. troops against 400 Russian mercenaries?
- 2019-01-13Show beauty and make a fool of yourself! The president of Brazil changed his tune immediately after he hit his face, and Trump was tricked again.
- 2018-12-27Another official in the Philippines was killed, Duterte was furious: Leica’s killing
- 2018-12-26US media: Trump in 2019 will be more aggressive and more destructive, the world is best to adapt to him
- 2018-12-23Congress, the government closed, the whole nation panicked, Trump Christmas can only be tweaked!
- 2018-12-23The Indonesian tsunami caused 62 deaths: the beach band was instantly overwhelmed
- 2018-12-13The United States is being slashed in Syria, and the allies are fighting against the largest friendly forces in the United States.
- US media say the Kosovo war is being despised: this "small-scale war" is still affecting the world
- Nominate my daughter Ivanka as President of the World Bank? Trump is so fat that he wants to rule the family.
- US anti-spyware official shouted: Do not bring a mobile phone to China!
- The US expert speculated that the Malaysian Airlines MH370 continued to drive after the fire, and tried to land before the crash.
- This is squatting! The US high officials blamed Russia for no reason, but they were speechless and speechless.
- Israel suffered a great shame: two soldiers were killed, a lot of weapons and equipment were taken away
- Why did the UN Security Council not hold an emergency meeting when the Sino-Vietnamese war broke out?
- Clean up the portal? Trump’s master decided to go out and clean up the guy who bullied the ancestors.
- The United States finally tasted bitter fruit? Russia: does not rule out preemptive use of nuclear weapons
- Pakistani sees Putin slightly nervous, but Putin’s statement makes Yingla profitable.