Another battle? More and more young scientists in the United States flee to China2018-08-05 10:25:02 30 ℃
America's "World Boston" August 2 article, the original question: Can the United States stop the loss of scientific and technological talents to China? Just as tariff disputes dominated the news headlines in recent weeks, another battle between the United States and China was brewing: vying for top scientists.
The great strength of American science is its ability to attract the best talent from around the world. This has made a major breakthrough in the US science and technology ecosystem, which has brought new technologies, new companies, and new jobs. But now, competition is on the horizon, and it's easy to see who will squeeze our position from the bench in the lab – China is making smart and major policy moves to advance its technology.
Although US R&D spending is still the highest in the world, the US National Science Council predicts that China will soon surpass the US. But if you want to become a technology superpower in the future, China needs not only capital investment, but also top scientists. Today, more and more of my colleagues are "escape" to China.
China attaches special importance to scientists in the early stages of their careers. As more promising young scientists choose to return to China instead of staying in the US to create laboratories, more and more theoretical breakthroughs and technological innovations will appear in China. Perhaps most importantly, China is still trying to become a more attractive place for non-Chinese scientists. These efforts extend from nuances to major decision-making areas. The scientific and technological community has been able to feel the effects of such transformations.
A problem facing China is related to the scientific reputation. But Beijing is taking practical measures to correct the problem. Nature journals praised China's recent initiatives or will make research fraud be hit hardest by the world.
This battle for scientists will have a profound impact. The United States has overlooked the more important issue: if the goal of China’s hunting is talent, then protecting intellectual property rights will not matter.
I have recently had lunch with a famous American cancer scientist, but we are talking about China most of the time. He is applying for a Chinese green card, seeking a second academic position in China, and is busy setting up a company in Beijing. "Everything can be a reality there," he said, "you have to go!" (by Arthur Lambert, translated by Wang Huicong)Editor: Li Hui
Guess you like
- 2018-08-20For the Chinese Ukrainian parliamentarians are very hard-hearted, arrogant and arrogant
- 2018-08-17What is this person coming to? The United States would rather give up Turkey, Trump: I have to fix this person.
- 2018-08-03ten years! Russian female spies lurked in the US Embassy to spy on intelligence, and Americans desperately seized the "scandal"
- 2018-08-03The US media gave Trump a new name for fighting with China.
- 2018-06-08The details of the Günter concierge exposure Lu Haijun escort deployed many snipers on the scene
- 2018-05-11As the war approached and the world was confused, the US and China quietly changed their roles.
- 2018-04-30India announced that all villages have access to electricity, and the entire nation cheers the public: catching up with China is no longer far away!
- 2018-04-26Kim Jong Eun will cross the “March 8th Line” into Korea and the Uzbekistan will review the guard of honor
- 2018-04-25Enemy enemy suddenly made trouble! Trump to be overturned?
- 2018-04-16India built high speed rail: the lowest price of Japan's new trunk line is the lowest in the world
- What is this person coming to? The United States would rather give up Turkey, Trump: I have to fix this person.
- After China’s 60 billion counterattacks, the White House director’s response came!
- The US media gave Trump a new name for fighting with China.
- The United States sent a big gift to India, this time it was really hard, and the weight is very heavy!
- The country that imitated Iran appeared, and the country continued to revolutionize, and it was enough for the United States to drink a pot.
- Dignified Italy, why is it so difficult to organize governments?
- Before and after the foot visit to the United States, why Merkel and Macron's treatment so much difference
- This country has always been quiet and suddenly jumped high.
- Provocative constantly! Israel angers Iran, Iran gives a response: let you disappear on the map within 25 years
- The rehearsal of the Syria War: China will be able to recover Taiwan