Another battle? More and more young scientists in the United States flee to China2018-08-05 10:25:02 64 ℃
America's "World Boston" August 2 article, the original question: Can the United States stop the loss of scientific and technological talents to China? Just as tariff disputes dominated the news headlines in recent weeks, another battle between the United States and China was brewing: vying for top scientists.
The great strength of American science is its ability to attract the best talent from around the world. This has made a major breakthrough in the US science and technology ecosystem, which has brought new technologies, new companies, and new jobs. But now, competition is on the horizon, and it's easy to see who will squeeze our position from the bench in the lab – China is making smart and major policy moves to advance its technology.
Although US R&D spending is still the highest in the world, the US National Science Council predicts that China will soon surpass the US. But if you want to become a technology superpower in the future, China needs not only capital investment, but also top scientists. Today, more and more of my colleagues are "escape" to China.
China attaches special importance to scientists in the early stages of their careers. As more promising young scientists choose to return to China instead of staying in the US to create laboratories, more and more theoretical breakthroughs and technological innovations will appear in China. Perhaps most importantly, China is still trying to become a more attractive place for non-Chinese scientists. These efforts extend from nuances to major decision-making areas. The scientific and technological community has been able to feel the effects of such transformations.
A problem facing China is related to the scientific reputation. But Beijing is taking practical measures to correct the problem. Nature journals praised China's recent initiatives or will make research fraud be hit hardest by the world.
This battle for scientists will have a profound impact. The United States has overlooked the more important issue: if the goal of China’s hunting is talent, then protecting intellectual property rights will not matter.
I have recently had lunch with a famous American cancer scientist, but we are talking about China most of the time. He is applying for a Chinese green card, seeking a second academic position in China, and is busy setting up a company in Beijing. "Everything can be a reality there," he said, "you have to go!" (by Arthur Lambert, translated by Wang Huicong)Editor: Li Hui
Guess you like
- 2018-12-13The United States is being slashed in Syria, and the allies are fighting against the largest friendly forces in the United States.
- 2018-12-12India slammed 500 million orders to anger Israel, and Israel vowed to report a copy of the sky-high price claim
- 2018-12-05Compromise to \"yellow vest\" French Prime Minister announced a moratorium on fuel tax
- 2018-12-02[International Sharp Review] The first US dollar is the trade friction and the brakes. Mutual benefit and win-win must still be opposite.
- 2018-11-28Russian weapons detained on Ukrainian ships loaded with weapons and ammunition
- 2018-11-12Trump canceled the tribute to the martyrs because of the light rain, the Americans were angry to post a photo of Putin
- 2018-11-09Five "poisonous" gathering! "Taiwan independence" elements engaged in gatherings, these people have invited
- 2018-11-08Michael Jackson became the most profitable and deceased celebrity in Forbes, with a self-portrait value of 1.35 million yuan.
- 2018-10-31The most ungrateful country, since the decline of Chinese tourists, began to drive Chinese employees
- 2018-10-31China takes over the presidency of the Security Council in November, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs revealed the working arrangements
- This is squatting! The US high officials blamed Russia for no reason, but they were speechless and speechless.
- Israel suffered a great shame: two soldiers were killed, a lot of weapons and equipment were taken away
- Why did the UN Security Council not hold an emergency meeting when the Sino-Vietnamese war broke out?
- Clean up the portal? Trump’s master decided to go out and clean up the guy who bullied the ancestors.
- The United States finally tasted bitter fruit? Russia: does not rule out preemptive use of nuclear weapons
- Pakistani sees Putin slightly nervous, but Putin’s statement makes Yingla profitable.
- The US-Mexico border staged a relaxing moment: immigrants sit on the border wall and talk to the US military
- How was the Saudi reporter killed? Turkey shares creepy recordings with many countries
- NATO just wrecked after the exercise, Russian joke: Is this also deterring me?
- Putin and Trump Paris meeting cancelled