Another battle? More and more young scientists in the United States flee to China2018-08-05 10:25:02 53 ℃
America's "World Boston" August 2 article, the original question: Can the United States stop the loss of scientific and technological talents to China? Just as tariff disputes dominated the news headlines in recent weeks, another battle between the United States and China was brewing: vying for top scientists.
The great strength of American science is its ability to attract the best talent from around the world. This has made a major breakthrough in the US science and technology ecosystem, which has brought new technologies, new companies, and new jobs. But now, competition is on the horizon, and it's easy to see who will squeeze our position from the bench in the lab – China is making smart and major policy moves to advance its technology.
Although US R&D spending is still the highest in the world, the US National Science Council predicts that China will soon surpass the US. But if you want to become a technology superpower in the future, China needs not only capital investment, but also top scientists. Today, more and more of my colleagues are "escape" to China.
China attaches special importance to scientists in the early stages of their careers. As more promising young scientists choose to return to China instead of staying in the US to create laboratories, more and more theoretical breakthroughs and technological innovations will appear in China. Perhaps most importantly, China is still trying to become a more attractive place for non-Chinese scientists. These efforts extend from nuances to major decision-making areas. The scientific and technological community has been able to feel the effects of such transformations.
A problem facing China is related to the scientific reputation. But Beijing is taking practical measures to correct the problem. Nature journals praised China's recent initiatives or will make research fraud be hit hardest by the world.
This battle for scientists will have a profound impact. The United States has overlooked the more important issue: if the goal of China’s hunting is talent, then protecting intellectual property rights will not matter.
I have recently had lunch with a famous American cancer scientist, but we are talking about China most of the time. He is applying for a Chinese green card, seeking a second academic position in China, and is busy setting up a company in Beijing. "Everything can be a reality there," he said, "you have to go!" (by Arthur Lambert, translated by Wang Huicong)Editor: Li Hui
Guess you like
- 2018-09-28Trump accuses China of damaging its political status.
- 2018-09-28US media issued a copy of Trump: The tariff you impose is that Americans are paying instead of Chinese!
- 2018-09-27Trump again fired at the United Nations, Wang Yi’s eyes responded
- 2018-09-23The Ministry of Foreign Affairs summoned the US ambassador to China: hegemonic acts are extremely bad
- 2018-09-20The Russian military plane was shot down, and Israel is now flustered. The Prime Minister must personally ask Purkin for mercy.
- 2018-09-12More than 1,000 bombings in 72 hours, Putin still does not want to cease fire, the United States issued a warning
- 2018-09-12Trump has crazy thoughts and is really stalking about China! British media: The most injured is American
- 2018-08-30The final battle started, Chechnya asked Putin to fight: to send the Syrian rebels into hell
- 2018-08-28The reaction of the official Vietnamese media after McCain’s death is interesting.
- 2018-08-27Who can win? Shi Bian and Abe simultaneously run for the president of the Japanese Liberal Democratic Party
- Trump shows again? But Japan does not buy it! Just because of the loss of China, the United States is looking for a "replacement"
- The murder status of the Iranian military parade has been clear, and the ambassadors of the three countries are called to inform them that the blood debt will be bloody.
- Hillary issued a wrath against Trump's five major crimes, calling on Americans to save the democratic crisis
- The US military fires in place and the rebels have a strong counterattack, and Ukraine has also had an accident.
- Foreign media: If Russia and China abandon the dollar, the dollar will start to collapse.
- Anxious! Those who can't get into China, the United States has to force the country to "swallow"
- The Iraqi Prime Minister was forced to force the palace by the pro-Iranian power: quickly stepped down and apologized to the people!
- Sino-Vietnamese trade broke through 100 billion US dollars! To avoid dollar risk, Vietnam will trade in RMB!
- Blame Trump! US nuclear power giant warned: Without China, US electricity prices should rise!
- What is this person coming to? The United States would rather give up Turkey, Trump: I have to fix this person.